1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

January news

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by AC Support, Jan 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spamsac

spamsac Gamer

I'm sure if you dig deep you'll be able to get by and, in time, you'll be able to get over this.

Just remember, time is a great healer. I know it's hard right now but, I promise, it will get easier. At some point in the future you'll look back on this, realise you made it through the other side, and will be a stronger person for it.

Stay strong brother.
    XX

Snarffu, Vistaron, AJ Allen and 7 others like this.
  2. CrzBonKerz

CrzBonKerz Racer

Was there a content update today? Did I miss something?

3. shrapnel1977

shrapnel1977 Melancholia Enshrines All Triumph

Nope, next update on January 17th, as you will note from the OP.

4. CrzBonKerz

CrzBonKerz Racer

Ah, I just wasn't sure since I thought we were getting updates every 2 weeks.

Looking forward to Jan 17!

5. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Racer

Can anything be done to assist a brother through this difficult time? Are there any support groups, perhaps meeting in a local church or some such establishment, which may offer help or guidance with which to endure this period of uncertainty? I don't think I can idly sit by and let a fellow human being suffer like this! Isn't there something we can do???

6. spamsac

spamsac Gamer

You are doing something: you are here for him. That's all any of us can do.

Just like the night, the darkness will soon pass. Just stay strong.

Peace and love.

7. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Racer

You're right of course, it's just so difficult, y'know?

"If you're going through hell, keep going." It's almost as if Winston Churchill foresaw this exact set of circumstance! Uncanny...

8. rhs

rhs Gamer

Yes, Banjomaster, I'm serious about this. At this particular point, personally, when I would not hold my self to promises I did towards my clients and with that kind of mentality, I can, without delay, close the doors of my company.
    Directly after releasing update 0.4, the guys behind AC had better communicate to their customers (most of you seem to forget that's what we are) that the next update would not be released in time just by mentioning the date of january 17th...
    I don't think badly of the creators of AC, but I see Kunos as a commercial operating company and not as a hobbyclub... So bite me again, mate ;)

9. Pete Jones

Pete Jones Gamer

Let's look at it this way, the team at Kunos have had a well deserved holiday and I for one don't begrudge them that. Yes they are running a business but also have families. A good holiday should have them well rested and ready to deliver on 17th January.

AJ Allen likes this.
  10. geg

geg Gamer

Please tell me you are kidding... :confused:

AJ Allen and pablo resch like this.
  11. shogel

shogel Racer

All the best in 2014 Kunos :) Thx for your work.

12. Josefhead

Josefhead Racer

Well it's strange... I knew it even 1 or 2 days before we got 0.4 .. that the 0.4 update will be the last update till middle january.. (and january 3rd is not exactly mid january) ... and I don't have any special insider knowledge or whatever... I just read it at the usual places... so.. they did communicate that...somehow..

marcocale and AJ Allen like this.
  13. C3PO

C3PO Hardcore Simmer

Don't be a plonker Rodney.

14. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Confused? I have one word for you: holidays.

15. rhs

rhs Gamer

:D

16. rhs

rhs Gamer

You too Brutus ? :p

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  17. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

And you, Cassius ;)

18. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Racer

Ok, here goes: You run a company!?!

Seriously, every single thread opened or every sentence uttered by someone from Kunos is getting jumped on by these people, and it surely needs to stop? I appreciate there's a gulf between those like myself who've followed the project from the start and know what kind of people are building the sim and where they've come from, and others who've possibly stumbled upon it on Steam and perhaps think the normal way to speak to a developer is to be basically as obnoxious as possible, but a lot of the responses are just totally devoid of any respect for the people at Kunos, and that is no longer good enough in my opinion. Something's gotta give.

19. pablo resch

pablo resch Gamer

Can I donate 35 euros for this unhappy user with the product that is in full development???
    I have no problem to return the moneyto these user, I take it as an investment in the simulator. Plaguing this forum for constructive criticism and recommendations from users is my basic idea.
    If someone can not understand or comprehend that such a small company cant operate in holiday season hardly cant appreciate the work that's behind!

Kunos: take the time you need ... eternally wait for the development of this game.
    my criticism will be severe and destructive if I notice that you are not working for the product I paid ....
    thank you very much

Lunae likes this.
  20. Erwin

Erwin Racer

Thanks for the update about the fact that there wont be an update today ;)
    I understand the disappointment by some, I myself am too. I thought you where releasing content every two weeks, scheduling it, so even during holidays there would be cars/tracks ready to be released, but oh well. It doesn't matter in the end, as it looks like we now have all content available.
    Looking forward to the 17th! I hope all constructive criticism is appreciated and that this leads to a better product.

CrzBonKerz, rhs and Madsen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.