1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Jetseat: immersion upgrade for AC

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Mike1304, Oct 18, 2017.

1. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

You don't need a sound card. This cover is a USB device. Audio mode that it also has is intended for adding vibration effects to loud noises like explosions for the games where you can't use it in USB mode (think CoD, BF, etc).

Cote Dazur likes this.
  2. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Yes, I think we are talking about the same thing and that I misunderstood your post at first, but I am not sure this seat cover will make me any faster, if it does, great!

LeDude83 and donShere like this.
  3. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

Tee-hee: "anatomically positioned vibrating motors" – might as well call it the "Jack Seat"

4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Just wanted to mention that I purchased SimSaking and use it with my ButtKicker. I am pleasantly surprised how much better it is than when I used it with audio. I was told before and was sceptic, but it is really much more immersive to get feedback from the game instead of just sound. It complements the FFB from my wheel nicely, well worth the money.
    Still not any faster, ;), @LeDude83, but much more immersed.:)

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Wow! This is really cool. I guess i also need to get sim shaker for it so thats another ~20 euro? Seems stupid to me that you buy something and you also have to buy another program to get use of it. What if the guy stop supporting the program and a windows update/game update/new game whatever gets released? I dont know.. I want to get one but at the same time i dont.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    Solmyr likes this.
  6. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I really have started something with my claim :p

TBH, my rumble mod (or any, if it gives the right information) can only potentially make you quicker. It gives you additional information on whether you loaded up the tyre nicely (progressive, firm rumble) but then goes over the edge into very strong rumble once your tyres start sliding. When you're going over a crest and the tyres loose ground contact, the rumble will go to zero, so you know to ease off the brakes or otherwise your tyres might lock when the car comes back down. So if you learn to "read" that information you don't have to rely on sound and visuals, at all anymore.

So I'm sure you can apply equally useful and pseudo-realistic effects to a seat mentioned here. How about lateral g forces?!? IRL, your back wil be pushed into theft seat cushions during a right turn - so you make both seat and rest rumble on the left and vice versa.

Bumps in the road? Just read suspension travel (and maybe even speed) from the telemetry and have the seat "knock" left and right.

Longitudinal G? How about a slight rumble in the rest under hard acceleration?

What's really, really important with rumble effects is their absence. The ideas noted above will leave gaps where nothing rumbles at all and that absence becomes an information in itself :)
    And that's why I wouldn't fill these gaps with "immersion" features like "Hey let's have everything rumble when I shift a gear" or "Let's have constant rumble increasing with revs". That would be overkill, smudge the important information and even make it LESS immersive, IMO.

As I keep thinking about this I'm actually getting heart-shaped eyes. I might buy that thing.

Problem really is the software and I have little hopes that any software available will achieve results as good as I'd like them to be. This might sound arrogant but it's got a background. FanaLED software can be used to have your Fanatec pedals rumble but from everything I read it is very simple stuff..."brake lock = rumble".

7. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

cheers for the link Mike1304, I might be interested in getting one for the flight sim`s.
    would be good to get the old punch to the back when you hit an air pocket or two:)

anyhoo one for the Christmas tree.

Shame you cant get some commission for bringing this to our attention.:(

Cote Dazur and Mike1304 like this.
  8. Octane

Octane Simracer

Oops, disregard this post. :)

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
  9. magzire

magzire Alien

Cool, now we just need a gamer buttplug :)

10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Ouch!:confused::eek:
    For who likes it...;)

11. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Seconded !

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Are you both worried about spending 20 Euros? Or am I getting this wrong? If it is the case, I am not envying you and sincerely hope your financial situation gets better sooner than letter.
    A software like SimShaker is quite a deal, any competitive alternative is 3 to 4 times more expensive so I think we have to be happy a cheap solution like SimShaker exist.

13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

i just dont like the business model. They could have put that price into the actual product itself and send the program in the package. And 20 euros can make a product going from fair priced to feeling quite abit more expensive. 159 euros feels fair to me and what they try to sell the product for, but 179 feels more expensive. But if you could spend 179 anyway, they could just take 199 euro, because its only 20 euro more, everyone can afford that, right?. Why not 229 euro? If you financial situation dont allow you to spend another 60 euro it must suck because thats only 20 euro times 3.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
    Solmyr likes this.
  14. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

JetSeat and SimShakerWheels are two separate products made by different companies. You can use JetSeat without SSW (WoT and some avia-sims) and you an use SSW without JetSeat (with bass-shakers).

Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Seems you didn't get the main point, yes : Kofots is mostly saying that it looks to be quite archaic to buy a solution in 2 times, from 2 different companies. As he said, what if the software isn't supported anymore in 1 or 2 years only due to, for exemple, a Windows update (as it seems there shouldn't be any Windows 11 or something but big updates) ?
    I'm happy that your financial situation allows you to be condescending with mine, lol... You still even are welcomed to send me a check in order to balance the disparity.

Hehe, a bit more of that and I eventually don't buy it at all but an Aston Martin DB5 or a Lambo Miura... :D

But it looks like we can't get the best out of it without this kind of software, isn't it ?
    Owners guys are welcomed to give their input on all those aspects, is it worth it stand alone ?

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@Solmyr and @kofotsjanne apparently I misunderstood your posts and I apologize, for a moment I was under the impression you were worried about spending 20 Euros on our favorite hobby.
    As I am sure you both realize by now, the seat, or the buttkicker are independent product ( solution) from the software. The software allows the seat and/or the buttkicker, or any other tactile solution to perform beyond their inherent abilities by extracting information from the game other wise not available and sending it to your device of choice, just like SimVibe does. SimVibe is more complete and also more expensive. For me if all it cost me to improve my all SIM experience is 20 Euro, I feel great about it and look forward to try it ASAP, even if it last only a year or two.
    So sorry to appear condescending, I am not, their as been time in my life where 20 Euro was more important than now and I understand and feel bad for anyone in that situation, I some how doubt it is your case at this time, hence my surprise to your comments, which I obviously misunderstood.

Octane likes this.
  17. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

No problem mate ! ;)
    Have fun with this stuff and you can come back later with a complete "review" of it, we'll have more informations to get an idea of if we want to buy it or not. I didn't even know anything about this and butt-kickers a few days ago... :rolleyes:

Cote Dazur likes this.
  18. codeten1

codeten1 Rookie

What does Andre's Mod add to the Jetseat?
    His website is a little vague.

19. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I am new to the "tactile immersion" as well despite having driven with a ButtKicker for almost 3 years. but when driven with audio only the BK acts mostly as a sub-woofer feeding vibration relating to the audio being played, so mostly engine, road noise and curbs sounds, all mixed in one more or less constant vibration varying in intensity. Don't get me wrong, it is a lot of fun and I highly recommend it as a very inexpensive immersion enhancer, as in way better than a dead seat.:D
    Being able to single out an effect or an other is uncharted territory for me. I have decided, since I only have one ButtKicker, to limit the effect to suspension travel. After a few days of adjusting both intensity and threshold, I am now to a point where my seat vibrate and reacts to bumps on the road and curbs in synergy with my wheel, not as a distraction anymore but as a way of feeling more like I am actually driving a moving car. A small step for what can be achieved overall, but a significant step at little expense for my SIM experience.
    I will try adding other effect later.
    What I have gathered from other threads I follow is that as you go deeper into it, it became expensive and very time consuming, to a point for some that they have hardly any time left to actually drive and race. From my limited exposure, I can see that to be true.:(
    So for now the BK with SSW will have to do.:D

Solmyr likes this.
  20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

With these systems less = more. You don't want single buttkicker or seat like this vibrate constantly, stuffed with several effects. Susp. travel is enough imo, stays clear and informative... putting engine, wind etc. on it so that it vibrates nonstop defeats the point. Tried bunch of things with my 1 buttkicker + simvibe and now only have susp. travel, impacts (doesn't really happen often), slight thud on gear shift. Rest off... having the engine revs shake a seat has no information value whatsoever, and if you put wind effect (so that it starts vibrating more in high speeds) then you bury some suspension info in high speeds

But if this thing with SimShaker works anything like 1 buttkicker with SimVibe, can say it hugely adds to immersion and even might help with driving (because you feel the road not just from your wheel, but seat). Just from audio signal wouldn't say it's worth it, you need a software too

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    Cote Dazur likes this.