1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Joux Plane Immersive Driving with RHM & VisorXForce

Discussion in 'Screens & Videos' started by PAKFA, May 1, 2014.

1. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

I found new love for this track with the help of 2 great mods: Real Head Motion & VisorXForce.

I hope you'll enjoy the videos as much as I did driving in them.

1. AC Joux Plane & Evora GTC - Hold on to your hat!

2. AC Joux Plane & McLaren GT3 - Faster, faster! (old - you can find it on my channel)

3. AC Joux Plane & McLaren GT3 = Faster, faster, even faster!

4. AC Joux Plane & Ferrari 312T - The Niki Lauda Way

5. AC Joux Plane & Lotus Exos 125 S1 - How to scare yourself to death

8. AC Joux Plane & Huayra - God of the Winds

Last edited: May 3, 2014
    rzr1, Bailey, Snjper and 1 other person like this.
  2. alex72

alex72 Alien

For some reason i only get "page cant be displayed" inside your embeded window.

EDIT: Now i see it. :)

I wish i got that mod to work like in your video. Looks awesome.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  3. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Which one isn't working for you?

4. SLiiDE

SLiiDE Racer

I looked at that Real Head Motion mod a while ago, looked like it was a ***** to configure. Looks awesome in your video though.

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

Im not sure, but i think i assigned the left/right (glance left/right settings in RHM) to my actual steering left/right making it insane everytime i touched the steering. :D If i didnt do that then i saw no effect in the sim. I prolly set it the wrong way, but i read the readme and got no effect if i just started the prog along with AC (RHM said AC was loaded).

6. Horus

Horus Alien

Top draw PAKFA, a real good video. As my son put it 'Whoever was driving then was really good'. Me thinks I will be downloading those mods as soon as I press 'post reply'. :D

7. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yeah, great driving PAFKA btw. Was fun to watch. ;)

Lets do a dual tomorrow on it. :D

Horus likes this.
  8. | VisitoR |

| VisitoR | Rookie

where i find this and other tracks to download ??

9. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

There is a new version of RHM now, it's a little more friendly, but yeah you need to do a some setup before you get it working, but I think it's worh the effort.
    Why don't you do a complete uninstall of RHM and FreePie and then a clean install and try again.
    Thanks, actually there are very few cars I can drive (fast I mean) on that track, the Evora GTC is one of them. I already have a new video coming up today with the Mclaren GT3, it's even faster.
    Sure we can try that, although I can't see more than 2-3 people driving in one room on that tack, it's so narrow. Can you imagine 10 or 20 on that track, everyone will be in the woods after a few corners. :D
    I'm not sure I'm allowed to give you any link with that track, I don't think Kunos supports it officially, but you can find it if you do a Google search.

10. Snjper

Snjper Hardcore Simmer

Hate to admit this but RHM looks and works better than TrackIR..

Are you using any color / weather mods?

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  11. | VisitoR |

| VisitoR | Rookie

Thx ok i try to find this track !!

12. | VisitoR |

| VisitoR | Rookie

i agree RHM is real cool^^

13. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

New video added in my original post with McLaren GT3.
    I made 1 mistake hitting a guard rail at some point, luckily without spoiling my lap only my my pride demanding a clean lap. :)

I'll have to redo another run with the GT3 soon to fix that.

14. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Am I imaging things when I see the helmet move slightly independently from the head time to time?
    ~Bailey

15. Horus

Horus Alien

There was something going on Bailey, but my Misses couldn't see it. I detected something but cannot explain the little micro movements. Maybe it's my old eyes.

16. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

The answer is YES, you're not imagining anything that is not there. What both of you see is the effects VisorXForce has, the helmet is moving independently from the head and from the car.
    So basically we have 3 objects moving and reacting independently to the road and driving: the car, the head (thanks to RHM) and the helmet (thanks to VisorXForce).

I set the helmet movement to 10 on all axes, because I find out that anything more than that is unrealistic and disturbing for me.

17. Bailey

Bailey Alien

Look, when he hits the vertical bumps! It moves! I never thought I would see a day where the movement between the head, eyes, and helmet were all separate! Whoo!
    Congrats upon this amazing feat! Those who do not wear helmets ( unlike motorcycle, driving, USA football, etc), this is the most realistic helmet movement I have ever seen.
    ~Bailey
    (I ride a motorcycle myself.)
    Edit: PAFKA and I posted at the same time :D

PAKFA likes this.
  18. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Give it another go. The author has much simplified it now. Its much easier.

19. alex72

alex72 Alien

1. Yeah might try that. Really want what you have in that vid.

2. Hehe yeah it was just for fun. Nothing serious. ;)

20. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

As promised another lap with Mclaren GT3, this time cleaner and much faster. About 12 seconds faster than the 1st one.;)
    It took me multiple runs to get this done properly, but in the end it was worth it. I think this is pretty much the fastest I can go with the McLaren GT3 on Joux Plane, with my current wheel and car setup.

Check my original post.

P.S. After driving on Joux Plane at the limit, Nordschleife seems so easy for me now, but nevertheless I can't wait for it to come to AC. :)