1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just curious about this sparks.ini

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by neimadmax, Dec 16, 2015.

1. neimadmax

neimadmax Racer

This sparks.ini in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg

its suposed to be the exaust flames or sparks from scratches on the railguards ,asphalt etc?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Aris Video Settings (In case anyone is interested/curious) Oct 15, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Curious behavior FFB G29 in Career Mode Jun 28, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Curious about V10 Street tires Nov 21, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Curious question Dec 13, 2018
    Physics Bugs & Issues curious AI-braking behaviour from Porsches 935/78 and 962 Jan 4, 2017

3. Some Guy

Some Guy Racer

I noticed last night that if you run the setup, video, benchmark, that there's a blue glow under the closest car you can see the back end of, and that it seems to be - I'm doing this from memory so don't blame me if I'm wrong - only under acceleration. I was wondering at the time if it was sparks under the car or just some weird graphics artifact. FYI, that's with PP off FWIW. Check it out for yourself.

neimadmax likes this.
  4. ArYeS

ArYeS Gamer

I saw some blue glow behind lotus 25 online, quite weird, but for sure no sparks. Sparks would be so nice to have.

neimadmax likes this.
  5. Sparks have been disabled since the tech preview; Stefano said he turned them off because every little car to car contact would cause them to appear and it looked horrible. Hopefully someday he finds time to properly re-enable them.

mms and neimadmax like this.
  6. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Sparks should only really be coming from the underside of the car upon bottoming. I don't really think they should be coming from car to car contact.

kevje and neimadmax like this.
  7. Which is why they aren't activated; apparently the code doesn't know which part of the car is the bottom.

mms and neimadmax like this.
  8. neimadmax

neimadmax Racer

thanks guys , i was thinking this spark.ini was about beautiful sparks like the green hell trailer at 1.02

its damn beautiful this effect

9. neimadmax

neimadmax Racer

probably this is an ppfilter profile effect, some have these glow like cinematic lens flare

10. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

But it wasn't from the game engine, video was edited.

neimadmax likes this.
  11. neimadmax

neimadmax Racer

now i know , but mark the video as 'not actual gameplay' would be apropriate

12. D1visor

D1visor Alien

Only thing not game play were the sparks.

13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

And sounds.

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

bla sparks.
    But thank you for bumping that video again, almost forgot about it. Damn it's sooo epic.

mESCx and neimadmax like this.
  15. PLebre

PLebre Hardcore Simmer

I didn't want to open a new topic, about sparks.
    So it is possible to mod it?
    Do AC give some information about distance between the car bottom and track?
    Modding guru's input needed!

neimadmax and detoit like this.
  16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Good idea. This way the engine doesnt have to know where the bottom of the car is but only if the distance between car and track is zero.
    But I fear Stefano would have had this idea if it could be done so easy. Perhaps the engine also canˋt differentiate between carbody and tires. With tires included the difference to the track would (almost) always be zero...

17. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

its amazing how just a simple effect, that should be in the game, seems like an exotic request lol

us patient AC players eh /:

neimadmax likes this.
  18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Right, but there are so many other games with all the bells and whistles and I still prefer AC by far, even without sparks&co... ;)

neimadmax likes this.
  19. jjmaxxracing

jjmaxxracing Alien

It wouldn't need to differentiate between tires and car undercarriage, you could probably divine the car height relative to road from the suspention data.

20. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I think at some point AC disabled collisions between car body and ground for performance reasons, so now it just has a single bottom plane that can collide with the track. Adding sparks would I guess mean shifting them to use that collider.

Collisions are one of more cpu intensive things the game does, "is the car touching the ground" is not a simple question by any means. So when majority of cars in the game would never hit the ground with something that sends up sparks, why add it? GT2/GT3/prototypes use wood bottoms.

21. They probably started testing to add sparks at some point but the result didn't come out as they wanted to, so they just left some files there. That's my point of view.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk