1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Chris

Chris Racer

And OH MY GOD!

You will use VR. Better start saving now. What it brings to sim racing will change it forever. I used it for 3 hours last night with an XBox controller, and I will never go back to 2D. Never. I understand the complaints about resolution, but I found it an acceptable trade off for everything else you get with VR. Moreover, after all the bashing of the resolution, I expected so much worse! It actually exceeded my expectations after all the negativity regarding resolution! I haven't even tweaked anything yet, no super-sampling! I'll use this Rift CV1 until the next version comes along. I'm all in.

VR is real, folks. This is not a gimmick. This is the future. Better start saving now, because you're going to be at a huge disadvantage racing against those who use it. But that's not the best part. THE IMMERSION! I can't describe it. Nobody can. You have to see it. VR was meant for sim racing! Oh, the beautiful cars! I love AC's cockpits! It's so fantastic to see the old cockpits of the historic cars and compare them to the new ones. It's not like looking at a picture. You won't understand until you try it.

I decided on a whim to schedule an Oculus demo at Best Buy. I went. I saw. I believe! I bought it as soon as I could! I'm freaking giddy! I've already removed a monitor from my clunky triple screen setup. It's gone for good. I haven't been simming for about 3 years, as all of my expensive equipment kept breaking, but now I've ordered some new Fanatec equipment, and I'm back!

You owe it to yourself to try the Rift demo at Best Buy. Good luck.

yumadom, Phil64, bgil66 and 32 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting I have tried every solution listed back to 2019, ACC UE4 Fatal Error Mar 18, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality RTX 3090 SLI for VR ? Anyone tried ? Dec 12, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Has anyone tried this before ? May 8, 2020
    ACC User Interface I tried to change hud.json and now I can't see my ratings while driving Oct 28, 2019
    ACC General Discussions I love the 5 point tire model, and haven't tried it yet! Jul 20, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues I wonder if anyone have tried this for controlpads Jul 3, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Anyone tried motion yet with ACC Oct 13, 2018
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues AC stuttering, tried "everything" Sep 20, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues I tried to create my first app but it does not work Aug 2, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Problem Launcher crash tried everything here on forum May 8, 2018
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Tried Nvidia 3Dtv play. Menu is 3D but game engine is like this... (pic) Dec 18, 2017
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues 99 cpu occupancy, tried everything. Mar 20, 2017
    Console Lounge Tried gt6 today Feb 16, 2017
    Console Lounge Just tried a AI race with the Porsche Carrera S at Black cat County Normale Jan 1, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Tried AC F1 sim at Imola Circuit but... May 17, 2016

3. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

Welcome to the VR master-race!

Bolibompa, Haiden773, Alby and 6 others like this.
  4. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

I was a naysayer until my friend bought a DK2 on ebay.
    After I had tried it a few times I was bitten by the bug and got myself one (DK2)
    The resolution may not be a problem for you but try DCS World, spotting hostile ground targets on a monitor is hard enough on a decent monitor, impossible on a rift!
    The problem of resolution isnt as great in racing games as you are only looking 10's of meters beyond your cockpit unlike trying to eyeball armoured ground targets one or two miles away from angels 10 in an A10C.

Welcome to the virtual world and welcome back to the track :D

5. Chris

Chris Racer

I don't even want to try any flight sims with it. I agree with you, the resolution would be way to low for it, I think. Although just seeing the cockpits in VR would be a trip, I'd bet! No, I'll hold off until an HMD with a higher resolution comes along for flight. But, I also agree, for sim racing, it's not ideal, but it's perfectly acceptable. Last night my wife was making fun of me because every time I would drive past an AI car, I would turn my head to look at them. Apparently I was making loud strange noises. I didn't notice.

vegaguy 5555 and AmorFati like this.
  6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

@Chris
    [​IMG]
    Very happy for you, same happened to me last August, total game changer, so true that until you get in that virtual car for the first time, you have no idea what the fuss is about.

Cuba, Chris, bondyboy and 4 others like this.
  7. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

I also make loud noises, especially at jumps...and sometimes after a hairpin I wave at the cars coming from the other direction....:cool:

And just imagine what kind of technology is going to available in a few years....

Chris, vegaguy 5555, vilivili and 2 others like this.
  8. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Oh forgot to point out.
    if you find a hole in the scenery of a mod track and fall into infinity: it really sucks in VR, you may feel a little disorientated or even nauseous

katikomer, Haiden773, Chris and 3 others like this.
  9. mms

mms Alien

Uh-oh, another one got infected, it's contagious!!! :D

elchshooter, nivadepi, Chris and 3 others like this.
  10. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Just close your eyes and you're good! ;):D

gandlers, Tomcul, Chris and 1 other person like this.
  11. I wish I wasn't so broke! VR is really something, and cockpit games like Assetto Corsa and flight sims seem like the most natural application of the technology. I was blown away by my time with one-- it's so much better than a traditional monitor setup. I can't wait to see what the next generation of headsets can do.

Solmyr, Kristaps and Chris like this.
  12. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

If you're that blown away by it on the xbox pad then you're going to get wet when paired with a wheel and pedals :cool:

Welcome to the matrix, my triple screen setup is now also redundant

Tomcul, Chris and Cote Dazur like this.
  13. AvGas

AvGas Gamer

Not sure if you people are having me on or... is it like when I said nothing could beat DVD and then I saw blu ray? Or when I had a 32 inch crt television and said no way could anything be better than that? Or is it like the first time you saw sliced bread and did not have to do it yourself? Seems like a fad to me. Pretty sure it will be forgotten in a few years. Going to just hang out in 1080p land/single monitor and use my gamepad until I croak. ;)

Chun Yong and Chris like this.
  14. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Well said Chris, I'll take VR now over 3 4k screens any day. If your talking simulation VR is one step closer, combined with a motion rig is another step closer. Pls go get yourself a wheel and take a step closer. ;)

Rf2 and automobilista are getting no love from me till VR comes.

We all have our preference some resolution some imerssion. For me no contest.

Welcome to the club :);)

paul_wev, Chris and Tomcul like this.
  15. Chris

Chris Racer

Lol. I hope I don't cry. I've seen people cry like babies on YouTube. My wife would take away my Man Card for sure. I'm already on probation.

paul_wev likes this.
  16. Chris

Chris Racer

Oh, I've got a wheel. CSL Elite with Porsche RSR wheel. Damn thing arrived defective, and instead of just sending me a new one, Fanatec is making me jump through all of the hoops, some of them twice. It's been 23 days, still waiting to receive it back from repair.

17. Tomcul

Tomcul Hardcore Simmer

Gotta love the VR totally brilliant imo, it's gonna be a great journey to watch it develop in the coming years, I'm already saving for the next HMD and PC upgrade!!

Chris likes this.
  18. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

welcome to the club,

it was same for me, I expected resolution to be worse, so I was actually quite surprised

totally fine and the immersion gets it to totally another level

Cote Dazur and nivadepi like this.
  19. gandlers

gandlers Hardcore Simmer

Well, you were actually correct
    The old Cathode Ray Technology is actually better for colour reproduction, you have an infinite range of colours being analogue displays rather than digital.
    On the other hand the modern flat panels being digital have a limited number of colours, most noticeable in the greys and blacks where you can see the banding where there aren't enough colour graduations.
    The colour banding is also compounded by the compression of the recorded video which are stored or broadcast digitally these days.

Vel and AvGas like this.
  20. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Well it's more the difference between looking at a photograph of some place and actually going there. Making photographs nicer and nicer is not a substitute.

Obizzz, Ace Pumpkin, Rosko and 5 others like this.
  21. Gert De Preter

Gert De Preter Simracer

Welcome in LaLaland, I'm sure the devs will continue development for VR, hopefully for AC1 too.

I find it a missed opportunity though, this 'beta stage' of VR in Assetto Corsa. Seeing this title pop up in the Oculus Store surely would help them sell some copies?
    For me it's the best game in VR and the sole reason I bought the Oculus. Since that day I haven't played Assetto Corsa once on my monitor.

To the devs: what do you think still is missing to promote this game officially for VR then? We love it.

mms and Tomcul like this.