1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

So after the weekend I got it working again.
    DDU gpu reinstall, oculus reinstall, AC1 reinstall/w all ****ing mods.

But now it’s better than ever, at least the effort was worth it. Still I cannot believe a single update shot my system. :confused:

I already thought Oculus wanted me to buy new goggles.

Jack_NL and kofotsjanne like this.
  2. APC900

APC900 Simracer

That was the only way I could get it to work as well on my own personal computer. I had to remove and reinstall everything. Oculus should have accomodated their clients a bit better than they have.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  3. isamu

isamu Racer

Heads up gentlemen. The price for the StarVR ONE has officially been released....

drumroll please........

......another drumroll please......

..........last drumroll I promise......

..........$3200USD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes folks. The price for the StarVR ONE is $3,200USD. This is for the developers only, but they will be selling to "mainstream public" in a few weeks from what I've heard. Sebastian from MRTV had a lengthy discussion about this a couple days ago:

Initial impressions video from MRTV:

Now, my reaction to this is this......I want this unit **BADLY**, and can afford to buy it now, but only....*ONLY* if it works with Assetto Corsa! In other words, no AC no sale! And I don't mean simply work, I mean having AC take advantage of the foveated rendering, the eyetracking and the integrated VR-SLI support.

A poster by the name of "Kopiller" posted this a year ago....

...that is encouraging to hear. Very encouraging! But...I would like to hear from Kunos, about whether or not our beloved AC will take advantage of all the features the StarVR one has to offer. Marco or Stephano if you are reading this, please please please PLEASE patch in full support in AC for the StarVR one. Many of us would LOVE to experience this game with a VR headset delivering a FOV of a whopping 210º!!!!! That is nothing short of BONKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please let those of us considering this HMD enjoy the gift of playing AC in the StarVR!

4. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

lol

exited22, isamu and AnnieC like this.
  5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

It is what it is with that headset. It’s meant for engineers and designers who won’t think twice about the price, these are the people that buy the full spec quadro cards because it helps with their work.

6. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

Wow, 3200 USD, I think I'll need to ask for a raise at work, or at least get them to buy one of these for our VR lab.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  7. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

Who wouldn't want to experience it.. :D

8. isamu

isamu Racer

Exactly Annie! Also, in your humble opinion, given the fact that 505 Games are partners with the StarVRteam, how likely is it that Kunos will optimize AC for the unit?

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Like 0% given AC development has ended and Kunos are up to here covered in work...

10. isamu

isamu Racer

Ace Pumkin if what you're saying is true, would it be possible, *IN YOUR OPINION*, modders who are familiar with modding AC could find a way to patch in support without any help from Kunos? In other words, can full Star VR support be patched in from modders?

11. Skybird

Skybird Alien

3200? Make in 320, then we can talk about VR doing a breakthrough in the private consume rmarket. Right now it still is a niche - even with the Oculus set with two sensosr and grips costing 450 or so.

No breakthrough there with costs above 500, I think, and better displays/lenses/resolutions than there are now. Also, the code standards must get set, and limited in diversity. Like video 25, 30 years ago finally resulted in just one standard VHS, surviving. Same with BluRay.

12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I just upgraded my PC from Intel E3 1230v3 + GTX 970 to Ryzen 7 2700X + GTX 1080. Now it seems that I can run a lot higher graphics settings with a lot more AI cars with 1.5 SS (maybe more).

I have some questions:
    1. Do you guys try to have 90 FPS in the render stats? On my old 970 setup I could only get 45 FPS, and now it seems that I am still doing 45 FPS. Does it matter?
    2. My GTX 1080 is a refurbished founders edition with only one fan. I have some concerns about the longevity of the card. How do I know I am not wearing these PC parts too fast?

Thanks in advance.

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

90 FPS is nicer but I personally don’t chase it as the sacrifice is to big for me, personal preferance thing though so if you are happy with how 45 looks/feels and have no issues with ASW then great.

With the blower card just don’t try to overclock it yourself (no point anyway) and make sure you have decent case cooling, especially front intake as it would benefit from cool intake air the blower fan can suck in and use to cool the card and blow hot air out. I try to keep positive pressure in my case so more air going in then being sucked out. I run 3X140mm front fans for intake and 1X140mm rear fan for exhaust. Has the added benefit of dust not going in to the case

St3fan likes this.
  14. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

15. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

Lower framerate than the others and breaks down a lot :D

16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Some people say there is a difference, I am not one of them, to me it all looks and feel the same. so I lock it to ASW 45fps in OTT and forget about it.

With my 1080ti, the only SIM which give me a rock solid 90fps with all settings on full is LFS.:eek: all other will fluctuate and the fluctuation, that I can see.;)

I prefer all settings on high or ultra depending of the SIM, ss 1.5 with ASW 45FPS, than playing around with bad shadows or flat reflections chasing an elusive 90FPS.
    The end result is much better for me.

St3fan likes this.
  17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Here's a question... To achieve a solid 60 FPS from a replay (can be a problem for me with shader patch/VR mirrors enabled,) are there any settings I can change that don't affect the mirror screen that will drastically help FPS? I tend to lock ASW off and have Fraps on 60 FPS when recording but for wet mod and shaders patch combo my FPS is around 40.

18. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

Unfortunately the price point puts this headset in a category that is way above what most people are willing to spend on a device which needs a very expensive high-end PC to be used. I mean this thing costs more than all the gadgets in my apartment combined.

As I wrote in another thread, I don't think we can realistically expect anything from Kunos at this point because officially the development of AC is finished and they have their hands full with ACC development.

19. isamu

isamu Racer

Thanks for the candid reply. I understand and unfortunately I tend to agree. Hope that isn't the case but we'll see.

With that having been said, allow me to ask you a follow up question. I asked this question a few posts up but I guess no one noticed....

Given that Assetto Corsa is highly moddable, could a modder....*in theory*....mod the game to take advantage of the features the StarVR One has to offer? Could a modder for example, implement support for foveated rendering and make the game take advantage of the full 210º Field of View? Or is that simply impossible even for a an experienced modder with knowledge of how VR works? What are your thoughts?

20. You need an eye tracker inside the headset for that to work.