1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Just tried AC in VR

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Chris, Feb 23, 2017.

1. isamu

isamu Racer

Well that's why I asked, because the StarVR already has one built in.

2. Ow, nevermind then, I misread your post.

3. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

£100 discount on the Vive Pro finally broke my resistance. Ordered literally minutes before the offer expired at midnight.

cerebralvortex, paul_wev and Gunja like this.
  4. Ted_R

Ted_R Racer

After a year of no racing and no VR I set up my racing rig, downloaded AC, updated drivers, fixed any issues and got everything working again.

Initially I took a spin on my single HD monitor and everything worked fine and I was somewhat content.

Then I decided, what the heck, I'll go to the store and pick up another rift. It's the holidays after all. ( I no longer had my old rift )

WOW.............. I had forgotten how incredible VR is, especially in sim racing, what a wonderful racing experience I've had for the last hour.

Man, I am probably preaching to the choir here, but just in case their is anybody here that's on the fence about VR, you owe it to yourself to try it and see if it works for you.

bgil66, Ernie, Jack_NL and 9 others like this.
  5. The best purchase you can make for racing in vr
    right now waiting for Pimax...

6. isamu

isamu Racer

Isn't the Vive Pro the one that's nearly $1,400USD?

https://www.amazon.com/HTC-VIVE-Virtual-Reality-System-PC/dp/B07B9WPR7G/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1543620620&sr=8-3&keywords=Vive+Pro&th=1

BrunUK, wow..... you may want to consider cancelling your purchase of that Vive Pro Bro. You could have gotten *TWO* Pimax 5K Plus' for that money! Even at the same price, the Pimax 5K Plus is a *MUCH* superior headset, but with it being half the price, the decision is a no-brainer.

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You really need to calculate Pimax 5k+ total price, with shipping from China, VAT, and Vive controllers with stations that you need to order separately.

Don't forget, it's not readily available, based on optimistic Pimax projections, if ordered now, you get your HMD by the end of February, and they are not known for sticking with ETAs.

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This time around I always read ETS...:oops:
    Especially in VR.
    ;)

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

11. isamu

isamu Racer

12. It seems like this is probably the least wrong thread to ask so I'll put it here.

I have a serious issue related to VR which I've tried to solve for months already. I'm very pleased if someone have any idea how to fix it because it's starting to really make me frustrated.

There are several symptons happening depending of the nVidia driver versions:
    - Black screen on Rift (with 388.xx drivers)
    - AC doesn't launch in VR on Rift. Image on HMD stays in Oculus Home instead (multiple driver versions) Monitor shows like it's in VR, tracking works perfectly but FPS is bad. Launches in OpenVR-mode.
    - Terrible VR performance/low CPU + GPU usage. In 2d everything is fine with older drivers. Most recent ones results - 20% drop in performance.
    - Everything becomes shaky/stuttery in VR with more recent drivers.

It all started when VR for ACC was released (or that's the day I found it because ACC made me forget VR for a while). Few weeks before that I had no time to play anything so my PC was shutdown for a long period of time. That day I had Windows updates and Oculus updates incoming. The image in VR became very shaky and stuttery to the point it was literally unplayable. It took couple of weeks to find a solution for that. Rolling back drivers as far as into 388.xx fixed my troubles. I was using those drivers without any drama for a long time but last weekend I suddenly had no image coming into the Rift. Totally black screen and orange LED next to proximity sensor. I think I had another Oculus Software update back then but not 100% sure about that. I tried to re-install the nVidia drivers and re-installed Oculus software without a success. Just a black screen. Then I installed the most recent nVidia drivers and then the image on the Rift was back. But.. It was once again shaky and performance was really bad. I mean, 60-70 FPS sitting alone at the Imola paddock when graphics set to low-medium and SS at 1.4.

Ever since I've... :
    -Re-installed multiple different driver versions (Safe mode + DDU uninstall)
    - Updated every single motherboard drivers including USB and chipset drivers
    - Updated BIOS FW
    - manually checked Windows is up to date
    - Tried different USB ports (also plugged into external USB-board)
    - Tried different ports on GPU backplate
    - With or without Oculus Tray Tool
    - Completely re-installed Oculus Software including the removal of all temporary data
    - Double-disabled all USB power management options

I've had support discussions going on with Oculus for a while now but no success yet. PC specs in the signature.

If you have any tips, please share.

13. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

I had the same troubles and ocourred, as for you, just for the ACC VR release....that coincided (if i'm not wrong) with the W10 "first October update" and with the new drivers for RTX GPU.
    First i found a faulty usb extension for the rift sensor, i removed it but that not worked very well.......then i got a new motherboard e a new GPU, everything works fine since then.
    Take a look at the RAM usage.
    I use oculus homeless...give it a try.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  14. Interesting. Did you re-install Win 10 after the Mobo-replacement?

RAM usage was fine. If I remember correctly it was 50/50 free/used. I will try Homeless. What is the working method nowadays?

15. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

yes i've reinstalled W10.....i think is mandatory because of the licence (hardware bound)
    today is working fine. no usb, drivers or app problems

16. Oh crap. So most likely the Windows is somehow messed up and needs to be re-installed. Something I really don't want to do with all the special sim hardware, mods and stuff... It literally takes weeks to complete. :mad:

Edit: Do Windows have some Steam-like Integrity Check functions built-in? Or can I override the installation without losing operation of already installed applications?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  17. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I am having the same issue, and I find that restarting the computer and not clicking on the Oculus Home button (which means I have to set up a race on my monitor, hit run, and then go sit in the seat now) kinda solves the issue. It is super annoying and I hate it.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  18. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

i was partially wrong, the big problem is not the licence but the installation itself......MB configuration, drivers etc.
    Windws has the Restore funcion......don't know if it works replacing the MB

19. AnnieC

AnnieC Gamer

There is a way to remove all drivers from a Windows installation and start it on a new machine, I transferred my few years old Windows 7 installation to a completely new computer which had Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU while the previous one had AMD CPU and GPU. And then after a few years I bought Windows 10 and updated Windows 7 on that machine to Windows 10 and I still have everything installed and working which I had on the previous machine on Windows 7. I can give you details if you are interested after I get home from work.