1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Just when you thought you knew what the ideal racing line was...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jynnantonix, May 31, 2018.

1. Jynnantonix

Jynnantonix Simracer

After 4 years of sim-racing, I'm absolutely stunned to discover how little I actually knew about the ideal racing line. Posting this video here in case it helps others have their epiphany too!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay 1.05 - Why I don't drive ACC regularly - Single Player thoughts Jul 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Morning thoughts (off the wheel) May 24, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI Issues/Thoughts Apr 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions A random thought about the rating system Mar 30, 2019
    ACC Gameplay AI thoughts after 0.6.4 Mar 14, 2019
    ACC General Discussions AI thoughts (skill & aggressiveness @ 100) Mar 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Build 5 Thoughts Jan 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Happy New Year to all and some thoughts about the experience thus far Dec 31, 2018
    ACC General Discussions My first test of ACC today - here is my thoughts Oct 11, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Thoughts about career Jul 5, 2018
    Chit Chat Room VR - my initial thoughts Sep 15, 2017
    Console Lounge I thought they fixed the tire temp v. pressure issue? Jun 24, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Thoughts about real names online Jun 8, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Thoughts on the Huracan Nurburgring lap record? Mar 3, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Thoughts in improving tyre width collision? Feb 20, 2017

3. Typer

Typer Simracer

Good find, thanks for sharing.

I’d not heard of the universal cue before. A v. quick web search mostly turned up pool cues . Anyone else know much about it?

4. Winston

Winston Simracer

Wow brilliant, lots to think about, thanks

5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Thx for the tip.

6. Nao

Nao Alien

Bumping so more people can see it. Using vectors IMHO is well worth the time to ponder on the concept for a while for anybody that has basics down.

No more slow/fast in/out early/late apex etc. for me from now on, vectors all the way baby haha... Also I can finally use orbital mechanics and KSP/Orbiter experience to gain some speed on the earth too :D

Freddie Seng, chksix and Ace Pumpkin like this.