1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Justrace Alpha is now Online

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

Hi Guys!

Just wanted to let you that we have added Minorating http://www.minorating.com/ to all of our servers!

Cheers
    Stefan

2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

Hi!

Tired of joining Weekly Events were you have no say on the cars and tracks!? Now you can vote for your favorite combo, where we will run Weekly Events twice a week. The dates and times are just trial for now, we can then also make them dynamic where people can vote for them.

Please note that this is ALPHA so there could be bugs which we will try fix asap.

So how it works? Very simple:

1. Choose the Car and Track from the list boxes on the right and just hit "Vote for your favorite combo!"
    2. Your vote will be automatically recorded and will show up in the grid below it.
    3. The grid will be auto updated and you can see the votes real time being updated, with the most voted combos at the top
    4. You can vote for many combos as long as they are different!!!
    5. The voting will always be done for the week after. If you are voting this week, the votes will be for combos for the week after. Lets say we are in week 33, then the votes will be used to automatically configure and start the servers for week 34
    6. You will be automatically Registered to the top 2 if you have voted for them (since we will have 2 events a week for example)
    7. Of course, 1st come 1st served...
    8. That's it really! Then every week, the top 2 (for example) most voted combos will be used for the Weekly Event!

Thanks!

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

baboon and Tobias Schlottbohm like this.
  3. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

4. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

5. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

So I was thinking that there are so many awesome Assetto Corsa cars and tracks out there but nobody is using them since you don't find any servers that have them installed...

Do you have an awesome mod or know of one that you would like to race on/with? Then let us know and we will install it on our servers where you and others can then create your/their own races with it!

Just leave a link here to the install files (or web site) and we will take care of the rest! ;)

Please only legit content!

6. rge75

rge75 Simracer

Really great stuff especially because the car/track combos I wish are hardly online. Setting up a custom event is really easy and great.

Stefan Mizzi likes this.
  7. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Hi guys,

Today is first time I see and hear about this thread. Shows that this has way little expose and once more: Kunos, support these additions somehow, use the UI frontpage as an online update on things like this, or make a mod-tab in the UI.
    People has to find these gems and it could be up and running with potentially all AC online racers with some official support. You don't ever even tweet anything when awesome things like MR was released. What's up Kunos?

Harvey015, Hagen, Diablo_rf and 2 others like this.
  8. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I agree, things like this should be advertised by Kunos, and will be cool to have a similar thing for consoles.
    But looks like Kunos is not interested in this unfortunately, they tell us to use iRacing if we want systems like this :(

While I find this system to be interesting, there are a few things that in my opinion are very important to be succesefull.
    Lets take iRacing as an example.
    Why so many people use it? Because it has a progression system.
    You start as a Rookie, and your motivation is to get the highest license, to win a championship season, and so on. Its like a RPG, where you know where you are going, and what you are aiming for.
    So I think without this aspect "justrace" might not get very popular, because we already have enought servers to drive online for both race and street cars. We need something similar to iRacing system in my opinion.

My dream sim race game looks like this - AC's physics, iRacing's system, GT Sport's graphics.
    Oh man that would be the ultimate racing game for me =)))

Harvey015, AmorFati and Stefan Mizzi like this.
  9. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

In fact, we had in mind to do all this! We are already generating some rating (though its still experimental) as seen below. We also save lots of statistics about ones result. This means that we can also create a progression like you said, but we also wanted to take this further!

1. So drivers will have a rating
    2. Drivers will also have a licence based on their racing history
    3. Servers will be put up/race together according to the licence and ratings so that people that are on the same racing level and category/licence can race together. For this reason servers will be password protected and only allowed users will know the password
    4. There will also be awards given to users according to the drivers's history
    5. Other stuff that you guys might come up with :)

So, in a nutshell, we had planned all this and we can also do it! LOL...my only fear is that we don't want to spend another 6 months to develop something which it wont be used, its lots of HARD work and many hours!

Or vision was to have this platform where drivers can enjoy racing online with lots of added goodies ;)

FYI, right now we are developing a League Management System, which is quite complex and advanced. But maybe we can also start coding the progression thing if it makes such a huge difference!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2016
    rge75 and Diablo_rf like this.
  10. Diablo_rf

A single virtual cookie for a race win will make huge difference than getting nothing =) It might sound obvious, but every creature on this planet likes when it gets rewarded, because it motivates it to do more just to have another reward.
    People like when they are rewarded, and when they can share their achivements, I think this develop the motivation.
    So yeah, you are doing something which in my opinion should've done Kunos, but they positioning their game just as a game where you can drive alone, or online, thats it.
    I understand their choise, because they do not have the resources maybe, but when two guys like you come up with it, it shows that everything is possible.
    I'm unlikely to use your system at the moment and I'll tell you why:
    1) I'm racing in a League right now, and do not see the reason to switch to your system.
    2) When I just want to relax I use Streetfight server, or other servers online, because other than stats and ranks there is no difference.

Cheers!

11. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

Very good points mate. What is currently unique about Justrace is that once can create his own session (or server if you wish) by choosing the car, track and time. The main idea behind this system was to bring people together where one can create a session himself.

Like I am at work in the morning and want to race when I get home, so I go online create a session at 5pm, other will see it and join me to race. But it seems that either there are not enough people who want to race together at the same time with same track and car or like you said, there is no motivation and need as you can just go online, find a server and race....

So yeah, apart from being able to create a combo session for you, nothing new. But the cookies, haha, it's amazing how people like rewards like you said, its like a challenge or something, very true. There needs to be something unique where people look forward to race on JR servers and together with others.

Maybe we'll just try to waste another 6 months of our lives to create a rewarding system and see how it goes :D Having said that, we are now building Justrace around leagues (with live timing, league management etc) and that will work as some communities are already confirmed to use it :)

Diablo_rf likes this.
  12. Diablo_rf

This sounds awesome! Keep up the good work, and I hope you'll get support from developers of AC to make something really big together! ;)
    Looking forward!

13. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

where can we find the apps and launcher for assetto corsa?

also, when we have created a race for a server, what do we do next, just go online when the time has come for the session and the server will be there? and we can just jump in?

14. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

Check this post

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...70/ as I made a specific post for the plugins

there is also a video there about the plugins

and you can download from: https://downloads.justrace.net/files/ac/plugins/justrace_ac_plugin.zip

As for the server, it will ONLY be created 1 minute before the scheduled time. Server creation is automatic and dynamic.

Other users can see who book or joined your server. They can subscribe to your session or join when the server has started. You can create, book or join a server from within Assetto Corsa Theme we did as seen in the video :)

Cote Dazur likes this.
  15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I have booked a server, will the race happens only once? can I have it a recurrent event, like one after the other?

16. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

For now, our software stops the server when the session ends. But we do plan to have this recurring option. You can create as many sessions as you wish until then.

We will also be adding the settings to change session practice, qualify race time and other server options. For now they cannot be changed.

rge75 and Cote Dazur like this.
  17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I had my race, I am glad to report that everything went very well, it is very easy to do ( once you know what you are doing), Thank you very much to allow us to set a server with our own combo in such an easy way.
    You guys made Assetto Corsa Awsomer!!!

Stefan Mizzi likes this.
  18. Mike Kadlcak

Mike Kadlcak Gamer

I would like to suggest on the Track side to add (if possible)

Virginia International Raceway - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virginia-international-raceway.11892/
    Bridgehampton Race Circuit - http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/bridgehampton-race-circuit.107812/
    Riverside International Raceway - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/riverside-international-raceway.9492/

these three are top notch imho... nr. 2 and 3 are also perfect for older cars.

also maybe delete the old modded Spielberg version as we do not really need two right? ;) 'cause... Kunos-Sim released the laser scanned one.

--Mike

19. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

Awesome, i will install these too Mike and update Speilberg ;)

PS: the other thread would have been fine too ;)

rge75 and Mike Kadlcak like this.
  20. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Racer

So tracks added :p Gonna test a few, starting from Virginia :)

upload_2016-12-12_17-56-39.png

Mike Kadlcak likes this.