1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kers and drs

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skybird, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Okay, I do my outing here: I am not familiar with KERS and DRS. I know that KERS means to feed energy into I think electric batteries during breaking, and that the LaFerrari has it. What DRS is I do not kn ow, but it refers to the Lotus Exos, right?

I have mapped two keys to both functions in the game menu.

Now what to do, and when? Is it a mode switch, toggling things on and off? Or do I hold the button during breaking (in the LaFerrari)? I mean I see no effects at all, so what is it all about?

Also I saw some video on youtube about the AC LaFerrari, where the creator switched the car to electric drive, apparently, but I have no idea how he did it. And when would you do it?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Those cars in ACC have KERS or DRS? Jun 16, 2019
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes KersInput, DrsEnabled, DrsAvailable variables, Split times Jun 8, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Is it possible to disable KERS and DRS on server? Jan 28, 2017
    Console Lounge How do I deploy KERS and DRS with G29/PS4 Jan 12, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Python variables for DRS zone, KERS, ERS, Brake Bias, Differential, MGU-H/K? Jul 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Usage of drs and kers Oct 27, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Kers/drs not working on mouse steering Oct 9, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Keyboaord/mouse users can't use drs and kers? Sep 1, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Kers and drs Aug 10, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Drs/kers activation on gamepads Dec 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Hy-kers and drs Oct 18, 2014
    ACC Virtual Reality Misano skybox repeatedly flashes/flickers to black, skybox texture changes Jan 4, 2024
    Audio Bugs & Issues Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 25, 2023
    ACC Audio Sound doesn't work on my speakers Jun 22, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Wrong windshield stickers Oct 12, 2022

3. Epocx

Epocx Alien

It really pays off to just read up on that stuff on the internet (wiki)

My question is, does DRS/kers Buttons work on the F1 cars in AC?

TCLF and garyjpaterson like this.
  4. DecoySA

DecoySA Racer

Surely they do ? Why else would they include them ?

5. SocketSeven

SocketSeven Racer

KERS : Kinetic Energy Recovery system. This is an electric motor/generator unit, capable of harvesting electrical energy from the drivetrain while braking. During acceleration, the motor helps accelerate the car with the energy it's harvested.

DRS: Drag Reduction System. This is a movable panel on the rear wing of an F1 car, that can move to reduce drag, allowing for higher top speeds while sacrificing downforce. It is used in F1 to help make passing easier. According to FIA rules, if you are less than a second behind the car in front of you when you reach a specific point on the track, you will be able to deploy DRS at 1 or 2 DRS zones on the track. There are other technicalities, but they aren't really that important.

KERS in the laFerrari is used automatically.

I haven't even assigned DRS to anything in AC, and don't know how it works in game.

6. Skybird

Skybird Alien

So there is no use in mapping those keys, since they do - what? Nothing?

7. At this time they are unused.

8. They allow modders to create cars with Kers/DRS.

9. The kers in the LaFerrri is automatic, but the DRS on the Lotus Exos is supposed to be manual, but doesnt seem to work yet.

10. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

the mclaren p1 will use them when its added soon :)

Epocx likes this.
  11. Lotus T125 and the S1 version has the DRS on its wheel, so that would be the reason there is a license for the technology I suspect.
    When its coming to play, well that is the question here now isnt it.

I wouldnt be surprised if Kunos would throw in a modern F1 car at some point, which would give them a perfect platform to utilize these technologies.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2014
  12. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Codemasters holds the license for it. And I doubt Kunos will put cars into the game by altering the original model and name. Unless something changes of course in the license department and they are able to acquire a liecense, but the kers/drs technology will come with other cars into the game.

13. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

they could add a Ferrari or a McLaren even lotus f1 im sure it wouldn't be to hard for them to aquire

14. Just curious; what would make you sure they wouldn't be too hard (or too expensive) to acquire?

15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Thanks.

16. john oliver

john oliver Simracer

its not like they would need the full F1 license look at games like forza 5 that has the lotus F1 and I think gt has the Ferrari iracing has the Williams (older version now) they could get the McLaren lotus and Ferrari if they pushed it.

17. yusupov

yusupov Alien

they also have technically made a fantasy car in the t125 s1 so they could potentially do it without any license a la game stock car. id be happy if they did but as of now it seems to be against their standard. maybe the s1 will be altered to something more like a 2014 spec f1 car when drs is implemented, i hope so anyway.

18. TCLF

TCLF Alien

edit: nvm, read it wrong