1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kick for ping server owner responsibility only, not anyone else.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Luigi Gianni Vollaro, May 25, 2014.

1. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Luigi Gianni Vollaro Hardcore Simmer

OK, so ping is a tough issue, most games are played in Europe where pings are typically under 100ms. Some drivers are not used to pings over 150ms.

I was given an invite to a race by the server owner and I said specifically in chat that I'd treat a following driver in race as a blue flag situation (400ms), however someone decided that my ping was too high and kicked me during the 20 minute practice.

The thing is ping is like being spotty or having ginger hair, there is not much you can do about it, so being a dick about it is being an elitist douche. I'm more than happy to be kicked by the server owner or someone he sees fit to do it on his behalf, but to be kicked by a random driver without any votes is really BS.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Default 500+ ping kick? Oct 19, 2016
    Audio Bugs & Issues Buttkicker Clipping May 21, 2016
    ACC Multiplayer Kicked message in results.json Sep 21, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues I keep getting kicked from races Apr 13, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer SA CP server kicking all drivers Dec 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Kick & Ban on my own server Nov 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Xbox Series S - keep getting kicked from GPortal. Sep 17, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer CP Servers kick all drivers Apr 18, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer CP Servers kick all drivers Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Audi R8 GT3 Digital Cup Kickoff Season ab 17. April 2021 Apr 4, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Kicks - How do they work? Feb 20, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer we need kick vote Aug 29, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Race Starts, Kicked Back to Practice May 21, 2020
    ACC Physics Using Simvibe with a Buttkicker. High pulses when car is in garage. May 16, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Butt kicker Gamer 2 SimHub profile Apr 10, 2020

3. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

Wooh there fella, less of the 'ginger' comments, I prefer 'African Sunrise' myself.....:cool::D

Jaytrackrideruk likes this.
  4. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

Clearly I am not up to speed on something here. How did a random driver kick you without any votes or is this a beta thing?

TCLF and Michael Hornbuckle like this.
  5. Wealthysoup

Wealthysoup Simracer

If a random driver kicked you without votes then you should complain to your "friend" for not setting his server up right. (0% voting quota....really).

Unless you mean that a whole bunch of people agreed to kick you because your ping was too high. In which case there are several solutions. Play on another server, setup your own server or play on a passworded server. I dont think making a post on the forums is going to offer any more help than those 3 options

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  6. baboon

baboon Alien

I'd always votekick if you warp around in front of my car. It just doesn't work with a 400ms ping.

7. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

Obviously
    Obviously the server is not set-up correctly. However by default the vote system is set-up % voting by default. The developers are aware of this and new % will be taken as default from now on I believe, not zero.

8. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

What's really irritating is live in Australia or Asia and there aren't many servers to play on especially if you like driving open wheelers so you chose to play in a gentlemanly manner on European servers, trying to make allowances for the connection ping. The votekick is there to boot drivers who are reckless. You can help driving like a tool, but you can't help having a high ping. See the difference?

So according to you the whole world wide web is pointless, people around the world shouldn't play certain types of games together, and should stick to just being regional?
    Also I see loads of high ping drivers from Europe on Asian servers with 500-600ms ping and not all of them lag and warp around, most are just jittery and hard to pass. Please remember that some people can't get very good pings, and that's nothing to do with their connection quality. Even if the developers code great algorithms and make higher pings able to play with lower ones you'll just be biased of high pings and automatically boot? Others don't give a crap and only want to play the car and track combo they like right now and just jump on any server regardless of ping, which is a dick move.

What ever your particular view on ping there needs to be some kind of accepted maximum, that is reasonable. Not some mega-low tolerance of 'oh I only play with people who have pings under 100, otherwise it make a non-premium experience for me'. Makes people like this seem some kind of intolerant sociopath.

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  9. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

Well, Doesn't look like multiplayer is for me.
    If It's not the totally anal attitude of some groups (race department) that suck dry any chance of fun and make stupid unrealistic demands... and the game is still in development. What are they going to be like when racing is legitimate? I'm flabbergasted at the attitudes really.

And then the Mythical sub 100 ping. Being and Aussie. It's never going to happen.
    All low-ping servers are either empty or have 3-4 anal drivers. Oh and the choice between cars? forget it. the Mclaren.. or The Mclaren.

So I'm now 'too scared of ruining someones race' to join any European servers.

Luigi Gianni Vollaro likes this.
  10. baboon

baboon Alien

Sorry I won't answer on most of your questions, your brilliant rethorics are too much for me...

Just one: I race with people from AUS/NZ very often on iRacing and it works great. I'd love to do it in AC too, if it would work.

11. Shrubbo

Shrubbo Simracer

There are some good racers out there. I agree being an Aussie myself there isn't a plethora of servers and finding a race let alone a good race is pretty hard but they can be found... I just wish I could find them any time and not only every few days or more. I hope that once this progresses along in development the servers won't be such a pig to join and some leagues will start to appear for us Aussies because racing against good racers makes AI just fade away so I wouldn't write it off yet.

As for the OP I can see what he is talking about as in I also don't care what a persons ping is but I can also understand there is a limit. I raced against a 400 ping person that could not be overtaken. It was impossible and when I did try I got smashed through the world so while I will accept some jittering but if someone is warping all over the place then that server is not where they should be. Lets hope they can smooth the the car behavior out some more to tolerate higher pings. It's early days yet.

Dick Forrest likes this.
  12. baboon

baboon Alien

Please don't be too scared, just see how it works out. The netcode will sure improve (at least I hope so), and the public server racing shouldn't be taken too serious anyway.

Dick Forrest likes this.
  13. Dick Forrest

Dick Forrest Racer

Yeah, I hope I didn't come across jaded. I'm still scared though lol.
    I'm scared of peoples attitude. Especially when this awesome game is still in development. I can't see any reason to 'take it seriously' unless you're in a league, there is a genuine prize, and someone is actually paying $$$ to be there.

I agree with Shrubbo! We get the odd good race with a low ping but just make do with whatever is available. And it's early days!
    But I know I will fade out of multiplayer if I can't find races that cater for, dare I say it, 'casuals'

Shrubbo likes this.
  14. Darren Marsh

Darren Marsh Racer

400 ping just doesn't work so there's no point complaining if people didn't want it to ruin their race. Stick to local or US servers (< 250 ping preferably) and join local leagues. There aren't many around yet but I'm sure more will pop up when MP grows a bit more.

This one for instance:
    http://www.aacl.net.au/

I've seen some other .au url's on the server list so check those out if you're looking for local groups to race with.

Shrubbo likes this.
  15. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Hey there, Luigi .
    On that race specifically : you were on a server that Alex72 hosted, 20laps Mugello race in Exos Stage 1, right ?
    First: your announcement inside chat was a bit random, since no further explanation was given (I couldn´t make it out as what it was)
    Second : Alex ( our host, not some random) kicked you because of you warping around (less from those 400ms, but from your connection health)
    Third : Alex hadn´t set up "voting quota" properly, so any vote would pass with just one vote in favour of it .
    We all say sorry for that since we wanted to have a filled server .

Boys ´n Girls all I can say in retrospective right now : we should have kept Luigi and kick KonCa instead ... that guy was standing practically on the track and there were multiple crashes with him blocking lanes, drifiting over the whole course and other such unpleasantries although in all honesty I had to guess it wasn´t really him driving, but maybe one of his kids, or he was doing it with a keyboard ^^

Another thing about ping : Your latencies do not matter THAT MUCH ! It´s more the health of your connection, because if that is spotty/jittery/randomly being filtered by spyingagencies you WILL definitely warp all over the place .
    This is just some observation I´ve made over the time since MP has been released and does not contain utter sincerity or any official signage from KS, it´s merely an observation because I had good bumper-to-bumper laps with several people that were having pings as high as 500ms .

Sooooo, that´s it from your "slowpoking" Cyclist, have good races y´all !

P.S.: Leave them gingers alone, dangit, I <3 them yo ! :cool:

Luigi Gianni Vollaro and Shrubbo like this.
  16. mike9572

mike9572 Racer

hello guys.
    If you use a server_cfg.ini file that has been created through acserverlauncher.exe, VOTE_QUORUM and VOTE_TIME will not be specified in the server_cfg.ini file.
    That means the vote system considers VOTE_QUORUM=0. And then, a single vote is accepted/applies.
    Check your file and edit it manually to add the vote rules. Best way is to copy the example given by devs. You can find it in the topic "instructions on how to use the server".

17. Luigi Gianni Vollaro

OK if I was warping around that's cool I wouldn't want to spoil any one else's race, better for me to leave, odd as I've got an OK 10mbit connection thought I only had high ping from distance as I just spent money to ditch my ****ty old ADSL connection. Just that it's a 20 minute practice session, not too much harm done to have my driving about before quali starts. I use the chat so just tell me the situation and I'll leave, a sudden kick leaves a bad taste in your mouth. Hope the developers can code the simulation to smooth out some of this stuff, like a prediction code.

No hard feelings.

18. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Good to hear that, Luigi .
    Sadly you had a red arrow (bad connection health IIRC) and were warping from mild to severe so the vote went out .
    Personally I´ve seen many people with pings up to 500ms which seemed pretty stable from my POV, so latency alone can´t be the culprit here .
    Hopefully we can race sometime again !

See youse !