1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kissmyrank: gt2 realism public server

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by brioche, Apr 10, 2015.

1. Agustinlv

Agustinlv Gamer

Damage is still not a good deterrent when it comes to disuade road warriors. We had a long chat about this subject, with the server admin, on another server. Right now, it only helps to annoy fair drivers and make them quit. Rookies and road warriors don't care about their own cars' integrity nor their performance on the track anyway. It's a lot like the concept of fighting piracy with more and more annoying anti-piracy measures versus offering a real added value for being legit. The former method only helps to annoy those who want to be legit (pirates crack their stuff anyway). The only thing that really helps keeping a server clean is being actively on top of it, taking care of those who perform well and banning those who are not ready to race online. There's no substitute for real person watching over the server.

snyperal, Wedge598, brioche and 2 others like this.
  2. brioche

brioche Racer

Yeah nothing is perfect and that's why we need the black list sometimes.

However since the track conditions are hard, these kind of people usually cannot keep the car on track for a couple of turns and if you join our server at any time you will notice that there is an high number of discorookies (disconnecting rookies ™) that leave so fast that you can't even read their name.
    This is understandable (the server list doesn't show all conditions yet) and there is nothing wrong with it.

I'd say that some form of selection is one of the "benefits" of a harder server but of course it's not really a benefit if you target greater numbers or only like races with the full grid.
    For me it's not a big deal. I am happy to race with people when there are some or to practice new things when there is none.

3. Agustinlv

Agustinlv Gamer

The damage model is bugged in my opinion. Even soft bumps with another car result in a ridiculous loss of performance. In real racing, cars make this kind of contact with each other all the time without the dire consequences. Even if only expert drivers join your server, they will be bound to hit each other and get annoyed by the unrealistic damage their cars will take. Rookies are going to leave anyway because of the more complex racing conditions. But, as you said, it all comes down to how popular or fun you want your server to be.

brioche likes this.
  4. brioche

brioche Racer

I agree the damage model has to be improved. Sometimes touching the side can even damage the front. Sometimes a tiny touch destroys everything.
    In the current version there are also issues with collision and the smoothness of the network code (teleporting cars) but the guys from Kunos are aware of all this. I am confident that they will improve over time.
    In any case the beauty of long races is that there is no need to rush an overtake. Getting your car to the end is more important.

All in all these conditions are the same for everyone and, although I'd love to see improvements, a good driver can adapt to these conditions (just like if your car was extremely fragile).
    Plus with damage on you get tyre damage and, in my opinion, this makes races much better and complete.

5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

@Christopher Low I think if you set tc or abs to off at the driver assists screen they will always be off as default ( even if u join a server with factory tc/abs on) im not sure if you can still turn them on with ctrl t/a or not though. best to check but I think this is correct.

6. @brioche Thank you! Pretty sure you'll see me in the server.

brioche likes this.
  7. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

I dont like gt2 servers, there are only two cars, i think its much better to just mix the gt2 and gt3 together.

8. brioche

brioche Racer

We have a couple P4/5. I added those the other day and tried it for the first time at Nurburgring GP (the actual track) today (race ended no longer than a few mins ago). The default setup is just terrible but with a few tweaks it came alive and to my amusement I qualified 2nd only 0.572s short of a BMW driver pole which was about 2:02:100 (grip was 91-92%). Pity because I was improving my last lap but I overcooked my tyres. For the race the poleman quitted before the start (not really sure why as we were darn close) but there were other close drivers. I battled for the first laps with some 458 (clean battle lasting several laps) but then I gained some space. From there relaxed driving to the end. I don't have a perfect setup yet (only one hour of quali to make one) but the P4/5 seems to defend itself when the grip is low while it seems to fall short when the grip gets higher (at the end of the race it was about 96%). It sure lacks some power and overall the other two cars are faster. Still it's a nice car to drive and it stands good chances against the other two (I am actually surprised that I won the race with it as there were good drivers online). Mediums consumption was ok at the end of the race (comparable to what I normally have on the 458) although I wasn't always driving clean due to my lack of experience with it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  9. Quffy

Quffy Alien

This thread did good, today I saw much more people than yesterday :)

brioche likes this.
  10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

I've had a good experience on this server.
    I'm join in the middle of a race, run many laps and i've find very clean people.
    For sure i'll back here.

brioche likes this.
  11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Any server with factory ABS and TC will always have these on the first time you get in the server. If you turn them off or change level then they will remain there as long as you stay in the server.

You can also use the ingame electronics app which shows what is active on the car. The cool thing with this app is even if you have abs or tc active it lights up when its actually used.

Main issue you will find is doing longer races in AC will be quite awkward. People can join the server at any point many wont finish the race. So in a 24 lap race if server is busy most others on track wont really be in the race. Blue flags seem to make no difference and its the main reason I keep public servers with fairly short sessions.

If we could close pits and not allow people to join mid race it would be much better. Also possibly disable escape to pits and rejoin race if pits are closed. That way all on track would be part of the race.

Id also like to set longer races on my servers but its frustrating enough over 6 or 7 laps dealing with all the people jumping in late. At nords not much problem being a long track but short ones its hard to tell who your even racing most of the time.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    brioche and Quffy like this.
  12. brioche

brioche Racer

Yeah some good racing tonight with some fast drivers. The track was gripping fast during quali but unfortunately I found traffic on my last two laps so I qualified 3rd. Start was nice for me, because the cars in front disturbed each other so I sneak past. Then I built a fair gap but a lapped guy (now kicked) caused a collision and destroyed my back. I pit for repairs and fresh rubber on lap 9. Coming out I found myself 6th and started pushing as hard as I could. I made a few clean overtakes and found myself with a 30 second gap from the leader which had slightly damaged car and older tires. I kept pushing with my fresher tyres for several laps and arrived behind him on the finish line (0.234s delta).
    Very cool race overall, thanks everyone and grats to the winner.
    I hope we'll do more over the weekend!

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    Vítor Sousa likes this.
  13. brioche

brioche Racer

Lucily only a minority of people seem to ignore flags on our server. When they do they are banned. Tonight we banned a few and we'll keep cleaning. For the rest, excluding a lapped car that crashed me on purpose and that now has much time to think about how wrong ruining my race was, my car wasn't touched by anything even if I passed many cars.

14. It was a nice race. Started from the pole but someone hit me in the back on T1 braking. Went wide and lost 2 places. After that I was slightly too optimistic when I tried overtake the 2nd and we had a small collision. Luckily only me was losing because of that. Dropped to ninth place. Then I decided to focus to take care of my tyres because I didn't planned to stop. With some luck and carefulness with lapped cars I found myself in the lead again. Few laps before the finish line brioche was catching me quickly and I had to dig every piece of performance out from the tyres to maintain my lead. Luckily there was only 24 laps, 25th would have been too much for me. :)

Had to be happy for the result since I haven't driven this car (nor the track) for months and I had no idea how to make this car to work on this track.

Thanks for the good race.

snyperal, brioche and Quffy like this.
  15. brioche

brioche Racer

Yes nice driving there. Looking forward to race with you again mate.

16. Anyone racing today?

17. brioche

brioche Racer

Sorry I have a bit of headache and I can't race tonight. Better luck tomorrow! Have a good night.

18. brioche

brioche Racer

This evening I should be online. Btw you can add me on steam if you like Nahkamarakatti (it will make it easier to set up a race).

19. I will when I'm back home. Not sure do I have the time for racing tonight but I'll do my best.

brioche likes this.
  20. brioche

brioche Racer

Hey guys, we're racing now and looking for some fast driver (yes you :D)! Join us now!