1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kremer 997 K3: A chance for something like a Porsche GT3 Cup in non-EA-sims?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Rolf Kazamba, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Rolf Kazamba

Rolf Kazamba Simracer

I guess many of us already noticed Kremer Racing's exciting new approach on the 997. For those of us who don't already know it, here's some pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Basically, it is a 997 Cup with a new design and therefore changes on the aero as well. Don't know if there are relevant changes on the engine etc. tbh.

So, here's my point: Maybe it's a chance for Kunos and others to get a license for a Porsche-like modern racing car...? It would be a Kremer because it's a new design...right? :)

...and it's looking so great...doesn't it? ;)

Glaurung, mistery, Protoduct and 6 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Liveries 2013 kremer racing porsche - release Feb 7, 2015
    Liveries Kremer racing porsche - logo help needed Feb 6, 2015
    3D car models (wip) 1997 - 98 honda ek-9 type r Jun 7, 2015
    3D car models Dorsch gt3 cup - not 997... Jul 21, 2014
    Chit Chat Room The porsche 997 gt3 rsr Jul 7, 2014
    Sounds modding RUF 997 GT3 Cup onboard sound May 1, 2014
    Liveries Request - 1997 Arrows A18 Mar 23, 2014
    Liveries Update Fina Mclaren Tires Michelin Pilot 1997 Feb 23, 2014
    Liveries Correction to fail livery Mclaren_Fina (1997) Feb 21, 2014

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Good catch, Kremer cars are Porsche's but not Porsches so LOOP HOLE TIME. Marco nows your chance to shut us Porsche fanboys up and get a sort of group 5 looking monster on your side.

Rolf Kazamba likes this.
  4. LeSunTzu

LeSunTzu Alien

It looks ugly.
    The real K3 was ugly too, but it was an engineering feat at the time. Now this 997 is just ugly.

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

Thats a shame, at the next possible moment in time LIKE THE CAR

6. phizz

phizz Simracer

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
  7. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

Gotta agree, that thing is horrific. I'd race it as long as I don't have to look at it.

8. I wouldn't be interested in driving it. Far too many bolt on plastic bits.

9. Rolf Kazamba

Rolf Kazamba Simracer

Would be a bit like Sector 3's Fabcar: Porsche racecar physics with different looks and a different name.

And well, those who don't like the looks of it don't have to use external cameras. ;)

10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

. . . but, when was the last time one of those bolt-on plastic parts came out of your monitor and smacked you in the face?:D

Granted, it's not pretty but, hey - if it drives like one, sounds like one, and entertains like one, I'd take it.:)

Tom 00 and Rolf Kazamba like this.
  11. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

Well I quite like it tbh. I would love to take it for a spin on the green hell.

Epistolarius and miky like this.
  12. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Agreed. Not a big fan of the old Moby Dick, but the undertaking of converting a 997 GT3R to this one mainly for the fun of it, I like that. And why would you want it to drive like a Porsche? This has pretty little to do with a Porsche, I guess. Well, engine, gearbox and cockpit might be similar, but with that width and aero adjustments, I guess the suspension needed some work, too.

13. Rolf Kazamba

Rolf Kazamba Simracer

Driving characteristics will still be pretty similar, I'm sure. E.g. RR layout is still there.

14. dauntless

dauntless Alien

As far as porsches go the kremer/fabcar route is definitely an option for 935-esque car. Although that car could be little too hotroddy/kit-car-esque for kunos to get interested.

That being said I hope kunos has some more rufs coming. I'd love something gt3-esque (road car, not gt car) with similar power levels as the real one. The current rufs are all very powerful which don't really highlight the best thing that is said about those cars: the handling.

A gt3 road car with the cup version as S3 (like with the f40) would be amazing. Or just a lower powered non-turbo S-version of the current rwd rufs.

(I see I have found myself in a car wishlist thread again :D)

Dean Ogurek, AlleyViper and mistery like this.
  15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Might be nice to have a boost selector in the RT12R. Slightly bending the truth, but the RUF cars are rated between 685 and 730 bhp, too, so would give us some roof to play, with a 0 value that would indicate no Turbo/close to 911. (Don´t know if I actually tried varying it, but I think they don´t have that).

16. Well, we were supposed to be getting the Ruf RT35 S many moons ago, so hopefully we will get it one day...

17. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

ever since I read about ruf refurbing classic 911's ive had my fingers crossed for a 60's ruf in AC :p

18. plaid

plaid Alien

The old ones had charme and the boxy added parts fit a boxy car. That looks like a hybrid of a modern Porsche and some IKEA furneture. At least the parts on the back should be a bit more rounded. The front looks ok.

BTW: Here is the new Falken GT3R.
    [​IMG]

19. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

I love how happy the new GT3R is to be existing.

20. plaid

plaid Alien

21. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Personally I'm not so sure about the 997 K3 as it doesn't quite catch the design of the old K3 and is certainly not as brutal of a car, it's still very exciting to see though. It'd be interesting if that's a "loop-hole" Kunos could use for a car which underlying technology is relatively close to a Porsche. RUF as recognised manufacturer by the German government is a special case, the cars themselves are in essence still very similar to Porsche cars, be it tuned from existing Porsche models to a RUF or built from the ground up from Porsche chassis, with RUF's own developments still comparable to, but evolving further away from the underlying Porsche technology. It should be considered though that in effect no matter if it's a RUF or a Porsche-based race car, the cars will never handle exactly like original Porsche cars (except, of course, being rear-engined!), even small changes can have a large impact.

But the Porsche fanboy in me certainly wouldn't say no to them, especially if the Porsche license situation with EA continues like that. :)