1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kudos to Kunos

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by Larryf1951, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I will reluctantly admit that I bought Assetto Corsa as a "filler" title, until Gran Turismo was released. And I was also deeply offended by reviews of AC that feared it would be dumbed down for GT fans.
    So, it is with humility that I say, AC is superior to GT. Much respect for Kunos and 505. I had believed myself to be a fairly proficient game racer. I have owned several racing games including PCars, Dirt Rally, Drive Club, as well as all GT titles. AC beats them all, in my opinion. I am learning all over again.
    I am thoroughly enjoying the game, glitches (theirs an mine) and all. And it is especially gratifying considering GT has announced a delay. Until next December.
    I just thought I'd put this up, to help balance some of the criticism. Kudos

uelas_77, Dookie, EvanGT and 10 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Kudos to Kunos for the GT4 DLS Jul 23, 2020
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Kudos to Kunos from Nicki Thiim (IRL GT3 driver) Jan 19, 2020
    Console Lounge Kudos to Kunos! Feb 2, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Kudos kunos for ..... Mar 24, 2015
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022

3. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

Yeh GT is dead as i mentioned in a previous post. Its simply playing catch up with all the other racing tittles that have recently come out. Dont get to hyped-up your just gona be let down:(

the-D- likes this.
  4. Larryf1951

I don't doubt that, actually. I was sadly disappointed with GT6. They goofed around too much with the layout of gameplay, licensing and such. I just hate to give up on them. GT was my first exposure to "realistic" game racing.

vegaguy 5555 and TeKnO-_-91 like this.
  5. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

same here, gt was my first ever racing tittle and i hate to see them sink lower and lower but the truth is its been out classed in the physics department for a while now and from what the videos of gt sport tell us is that the physics are still the same probably since gt5/6 but tweaked a bit, this is anoying as GT is supposed to be a simulator which offers realism but there are a couple of tittles on console i can think of that outclass GT in the realism department already and will continue to do so IMO. yes GT is not all about the driving physics but surely if you name your tittle a ''Driving Simulator'' its the most important part?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    vegaguy 5555 and Larryf1951 like this.
  6. Horus

Horus Alien

It is really great to hear someone who feels as passionate about racing on the console as most of us on a PC. Hopefully you will get a bigger smile everytime Kunos release an update or DLC (It makes my leg twitch for weeks before an announced update. LOL). Stay safe and keep racing fair but hard.

7. Larryf1951

Just curious, since you have it on PC: do they have regular, monthly DLC? Or is it kinda random?

Neil Goodinson likes this.
  8. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

random :) they like even to tease the pc players :p for weeks now the new dlc 'porsche' is making my feet going nutzzzzz

9. Horus

Horus Alien

Not monthly by any means. Since you buggers got it we have had less . :) :D

vegaguy 5555, Dave53 and Larryf1951 like this.
  10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I think I got all DLC on their release day.
    2016-10-13 22_18_50-Steam.jpg

11. Fettsback

Fettsback Gamer

Cringe do you work for Kunos or 505 or merely a sycophant trying to defend the indefensible?

majuh likes this.
  12. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

I too came to AC (a couple years ago) from a mostly Gran Turismo background, and I echo your impressions. By the end, GT really left me wanting more in the physics department. AC has given it to me, no doubt. It has its weaknesses (and GT has its strengths) but I have absolutely no desire to go back. This is the game I've been looking for since 1999. :)

13. Racer_Z

Racer_Z Gamer

Hi everyone,

To me is even worthless (I am saying it friendly) compare GT with AC.

I am a racing gamer since long long time ago (started with Indianapolis 500, end of 80s) and I can say that AC belongs to the restricted circle of hardcore sims, while GT is a different category (same as Forza, for example).

AC may have many defects and lacks, but when it comes to pure driving and racing moments, it has currently very very few worthy competitors (and they all belong to PC scene).

uelas_77 and Horus like this.
  14. Larryf1951

It was not my intent to compare the games, any of them. I merely listed the games that I have played and enjoyed. I truly thought that GT was a good Sim, but after playing AC, I can see that it wasn't. It was still a fun game. And, honestly, if it hadn't been for GT, I probably wouldn't have gotten my PlayStation. But things evolve and sometimes the front runner gets surpassed. Just ask Sega or Nintendo.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  15. Racer_Z

Racer_Z Gamer

I feel the sense of your post, but you were talking about ''AC to be superior to GT'' or ''AC beats them (other racing games)''.

Point is that AC is not even in the same category of GT, Forza, or Drive Club.

For what Drive Club (I am using DC as example) targets to do, is probably one of the best games currently available, superior to everything else. Since you mention Kudos, Drive Club is the contemporary heir of Project Gotham Racing 2/3.

But what DC is targeting to, is totally different from what AC is targeting.

If we translate the concept into sports, they are different sports. And normally we don't compare soccer with basketball.

This is what I was meaning, of course in my humble opinion. :)

Jebus, LotusTeam, Horus and 2 others like this.
  16. Peter Leong

Peter Leong Rookie

100% agree, if talking about the driving/playing experience, it definitely can't find a competitor in console, but the overall gaming system cannot even meet the modern standard, especially the online.

17. Larryf1951

You are correct, I did make the mistake of comparison, but it was not my overall intent. And to be fair, GT dies claim to be a Sim. However, I was not disparaging the other racing games. I liked DC and the others. Even my disappointment in GT6 did not prevent me from playing it for hours everyday. As a matter of fact, had I done better research and found out that there was no GT title for the PS4, I would have waited to trade out my PS3. But, I accept your correction and hope that I have made myself a little more clear.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

Silly little child. I like the game, that is all.

uelas_77 and Larryf1951 like this.
  19. Racer_Z

Racer_Z Gamer

Hi mate,

At the bottom line we all share the same passion for racing games. So let' keep discussing about them. :)

Going back one sec to GT series, to me (but again this is only IMHO) GT is in a sort of a limbo. A sim-wannabe, with many details as a sim would require (especially on everything that revolves around the race), but when it goes into the driving/racing itself is a pure sim-arcade.
    And this approach (which is the same as Forza) works for the mass market because these titles normally place huge numbers in terms of copies sold.

Actually we have been extremely lucky to see a commercial hazard like AC on the console. By the way, is there any idea of how many copies this game sold worldwide so far?

20. Larryf1951

I have not seen any numbers on copies sold. And it doesn't matter to me, in so far as wondering about its popularity. But I do agree that GT and its mimickers have strayed away from the idea of being a sim. I personally felt some frustration when I raced the F1 cars or higher powered racing machines in GT because it began to feel impossible to compete with the AI. Somehow, Assetto Corsa has found a way to make the race feel realistic, yet give you the impression that you can get into the lead. With practice. There are races and championships in GT that I never even considered playing because it never seemed plausible.
    I say all of that to come back around and compliment the developers of AC. They truly make each car behave the way it most likely would in real life, but there is a smidge of game pixie dust in there that allows you to think you can do it. Booyah!

21. vegaguy 5555

vegaguy 5555 Alien

Somebody has to stick up for Gran Turismo. So here it goes.....

For a G70 graphics card GT5 looked pretty good indeed. I wasn't in the PC sim world back then but GT felt fairly real on game pad.

Back then was Nov 24 2010. That's nearly 16 years ago. How old would that make it in video game years.:)

16 years from now I hope the guys at Kunos will be set for the rest of their lives. And they won't owe the world a thing.

By then we will be using an 8k holographic processors and feeling real 'G's in the new quantum phonon generators. But don't worry I will remind everyone just how great Assetto Corsa was back in the year........ 2016.

Happy racing all.:)

Mattbeastblood likes this.