1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos are u there? u have 99999999 messages!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PuffTheMagicBelgian, Apr 9, 2015.

1. PuffTheMagicBelgian

PuffTheMagicBelgian Hardcore Simmer

Hi all,

I was wondering where the guys from Kunos are hiding. I see many posts with questions on this and other forums. But (almost) never an answer from the Kunos side...

I understand that making a sim with a rather small group of devs is a daunting task to say the least, but at least have the common decency to weekly or monthly give us a small update on where things are situated in the timeline of development.

The way it is now, reminds me strongly of the way EA treated me and my fellow Battle-fielders back when i was playing Fps games every day. I got sick and tired of that and moved to sim-racing. In general i must say that the overall friendliness and helpfulness of the sim-world community is way ahead of the interaction among more mainstream arcade games! thumbs up for you sim-racers :D

But Kunos needs to work on its people skills and appoint someone who builds up a connection between player base and dev's! i don't want to make this into a pointless rant, and if this topic is for some reason unwanted i wouldn't feel hurt if it got removed lol

My 2 cents :p

have a nice day!

jc1993, MrDoedel, LeDude83 and 5 others like this.

2. Stereo

Stereo Alien

They post regularly in threads with real issues, people are doing better and better at making huge threads on 'issues' that have already been addressed.

bobskype, Deatroy, Cote Dazur and 9 others like this.
  3. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I totally agree with this and have been in the same pile of s**t as you with EA. But to hire just a community manager who just sit here on the forum and answer us questions would be a PITA, specially since he or she had to be up to date with what the other in the team are doing.

But im with you on this anyway, it would be cool if the guys from Kunos could be here and answering questions more. There is some periods where they are really active though and im pretty sure they read most of the posts here just to get more grip of what we want but being in a discussion takes a lot more time than just reading a message and see other peoples answer on it. Just my 2 cents.

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  4. PuffTheMagicBelgian

We do live in Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc... times, how hard is it for the dev's to tweet while eating another pastrami sandwich :D

5. the_prodigy

the_prodigy Racer

Tell me what you want and I will make sure he gets your message tomorrow when I see him.

6. This is a support forum primarely and development is closed - without community involvement like WMD.
    So what do you expect?

7. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Time line: released when ready.

That's what I've read a lot by content.

And the rest, I'm sure they're working on it.

8. PuffTheMagicBelgian

@the_prodigy

Point them to this thread ;) and all the other (far more important thread's) topics concerning our wishes and expectations.

I do not ask for miracles, nor do i expect them to happen (atheist lol) but getting just a tiny bit more timeline info, inside leaks,the direction and status of project's, etc..:D would make sense in a social media exploding world.

And tell them i LOVE what they have done so far:rolleyes:

9. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

10. PuffTheMagicBelgian

And now we play, the waiting game :)

[​IMG]

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

That picture wasnt fair, since we all should realize how much they are working for giving us the content we have and will get. Unfortunately they are a pretty small team whos working on AC. I dont know if it would be a good thing or a bad thing if they brought someone else in just to help out, they could at least try? Its so much about money these days and the licenses they have cant be cheap and they need a bit of pizza before sleep so we, the users, cant really tell how much they have and if its even possible at this point to hire someone more.

12. PuffTheMagicBelgian

Lol fair or not, i thought it was funny :D

heNNa likes this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Yeah I admit, it was a little funny. But the amount of criticism kunos have got the past weeks or so here have been a lot.

14. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

They may be a small team, but they could be more open and talk more to the community. There is literally no info about DLCs, content, the state of development etc.
    Most of the information we get (like if weather/night comes to AC etc.), is via some italian gaming-news sites and italian interviews. That's too bad...

There are many platforms where they could spread some information (Twitter, the forum, Reddit, Facebook etc.) but they currently only give us info, when a patch or DLC is right around the corner.
    Kunos really has to improve the communication between the community and themselves.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
    sennacher, SunBro, McStinger and 4 others like this.
  15. Quffy

Quffy Alien

We already have indications of what will consist the next update. AC dev members have been working closely with the community, in the forum sections with game issues. So several things received the message that a fix will be included in the next patch. But other than that, they probably are finishing and making more content, and general game development (graphics, gameplay, sounds etc.). Kunos is a bit like Valve, the community likes their games a lot, both receive plenty of game feedback and reports, and from there they work internally, without actually revealing all the steps and plans. So this usually just generates impatience in people, and when that happens people start speaking too much in an angry tone, criticizing here and there.

16. PuffTheMagicBelgian

No angry tone here my friend, some sarcasm maybe :D
    And criticism is a good thing!

17. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

they do reply, but not to often repeated questions. Either wait for someone else knowing an answer, use the search function or, what can sometimes help, look up the profile of a Dev and see if he adressed your problem somewhere already.

This forum is no LFS Testpatch thread, that is for sure ;)

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I didnt mean to sound angry here, if you got it that way i apologize. Criticism is a good thing indeed but my english isnt so good so criticism might be the wrong word for me. But around the forum here there have been a lot more of it since the Dreampack came out, I dont know why. It might be because they expected to much of the new update or something? I really dont know. And I still agree with your first post that Kunos could come in and do some post in the news section or something just telling us how they doing, i think every week or so would be enough. The users want to know and with the amount of pages the "being honest against kunos thread" i think its called, have gotten, i think they know that they need to give us some updates. We need Michael back :(

19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

yeah, unfortunately this isn't WMD , where the community had much bigger impact on the game, so you can't expect to get answer to every single question/bug
    that's how it is

20. metalnwood

metalnwood Simracer

Don't give up on every genre where the devs dont talk to you, pretty soon you will be playing train simulator and then when they dont talk to you, you will have to find something to do outside.

SuperSeven likes this.