1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos interview.

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlideWaze, Jan 11, 2017.

1. SlideWaze

SlideWaze Racer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-01-11-its-a-very-difficult-community

In this interview Kunos talks about whether they even wanna make AC more of a video game. I say no, keep it full Sim. Continue to focus on content. If you can bring enough content to online this game will continue to grow. I thinks it's sad that people get the update to only get more disappointed for how bored they are getting. People want content to play with friends and freedom of choice. I love this sim I really do. But in order to grow up don't need to make this more a game. You need more content and freedom to use any car u want on any track. If u guys just gave online players choice to play any track with any car you would make more money guaranteed. Everyone would flock to this game.
    Lastly Gran turismo sport won't be able to hang with this game. I believe they keep pushing back release date because of this games physics. They hoping you trip and fall on your face this year and just lose all following on consoles. Like I say all the time you guys can take over console racing if u do it right. And add more drift cars to different tracks since drifters didn't get the fictional track to drift on like we said we would.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Future DLC plans for ACC l Replay highlights l Interview with Kunos Simulazioni Sep 26, 2018
    Console Lounge Interview with Lord Kunos about community, consoles, future Jan 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Racedepartment interview with Kunos Mar 9, 2016
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    Screens & Videos Evolution of Assetto Corsa and Kunos Simulazioni (2003-2022) Jan 8, 2022

3. Manu8019

Manu8019 Gamer

last time i ear about Gtsports from a friend that went to them to test it with a bunch of other pro drivers , he told GT need alot more , they still had gt6 physics so i guess if kunos make this going amazing like we got till now and dont make this a arcade game this will be the best and most competitive game in ps4 for a bunch of time

SlideWaze likes this.
  4. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

5. SlideWaze

SlideWaze Racer

Yes it COULD be the best and most competitive. I'm just trying to have patience.

Manu8019 likes this.
  6. SlideWaze

SlideWaze Racer

7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Don't think it's even question, just that AC2 should have better career mode. Dumbing down the physics would be massively bad move (rather, push the realism forward if anything), since that's what Kunos excels at and that's what separates it from every other game. But it definitely would need better career mode, the current career is terrible (on PC too). The whole game has evolved in all areas since 1.0, except career which is kind of forgotten in the corner, collecting dust. I don't even care, I have 700 hours in AC and never progressed in career past 10%. For me non-issue but making AC2 with equally bad career is not a brilliant idea, if you release on consoles.

If "making it more game" would mean rewind-features, Kent Block (or similar) shouting how awesome I am in the menus, even 1% simplified physics, rubberband AI.. then, hell no.

Epistolarius and SlideWaze like this.
  8. SlideWaze

SlideWaze Racer

I hear you there. More realism all the way. At the end of the day this is 2017 and I know a lot of people who never play the career/story mode in plenty of games. They literally buy the games to only play online. I'm barely anywhere on career myself but I could care less. I love the difficulty and challenge. People have big ego's and this game humbles them. I hope that if they stay full Sim full realism, eventually we will see massive competitions being held at convention centers that are organized and everything.

9. Nwg

Nwg Racer

I dont think many people have a problem with how realistic the physics are, or that the ai can be a challenge. I think peoples issues have been the lack of online play options, not many track day options and many other little inconveniences here and there.

I cant save tunes, the button presets are not ideal and cant be customized, replays are basically worthless because you cant watch nevermind record a whole race and the ai might not "rubberband" but ive seen them do some pretty strange things.

Its certainly not an easy decision to make for them. If you look at any racing game you can see where they put their time and money. Assetto chose accuracy but that hindered the developement of other things that "gamers" would like.

I can respect that theyve made a simulator and i do agree that most people think theyre much better drivers than what they are. But at the end of the day only a small percentage of people are race car drivers. No matter how accurate a simulation, it is still not real life and will never be.

They can continue to improve tire and suspension models etc but its still not real. The people who play are not race car drivers no matter how good they may be in this particular sim. So i think they have to find the place where theyre content with the physics and start working on things to complete the experience.

Problem is, is that with this particular engine theyre using theres limits to what they can probably do. I think this has been the challenge they have faced when working on the consoles. Like he said theres a lot they have to do to please sony and microsoft as well as us.

SlideWaze likes this.