1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

"kunos now allowing conversions of official assetto corsa content into rfactor 2."

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Skybird, Nov 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skybird

Skybird Alien

LT1-Z/28 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room ACFL F1 and Kunos GT3 Championships Apr 4, 2022
    Console Lounge Kunos what's happening with servers ?! Feb 17, 2022
    Screens & Videos Evolution of Assetto Corsa and Kunos Simulazioni (2003-2022) Jan 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Kunos - Still no console server news? Dec 29, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Cobra Kunos car - loses inputs when in the game Dec 21, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos need a way to report players during a race Nov 28, 2021

3. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

yeah i knew this news would blow up. Stefano confirmed it as well.

JamesYZN likes this.
  4. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Oh. And I thought I could make him quickjump to the ceiling with a war cry on his lips on Monday morning when reading the headline. :D

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

I asked stefano before sending it to pretendracecars just to make sure. stefano didnt actually know because urd were talking with marco. See if i sent this information to virtualr then they would likely ignore it. PRE has the great ability to drop bombshells every five minutes.

[​IMG]

6. Horus

Horus Alien

If it is officially allowed then they must be doing something that Kunos like. To be honest I think it is about time all racing games link together to make the best of the best accessible to all. So let them all see that this might be the way forward, no more fighting about content but having a free inter/open source game swap fest.

Okay back to reality, one team are allowed to export content, let's see what is coming from other racing game developers.

7. ouvert

ouvert Alien

hmm time to reinstall rF2 soon :)

how do they deal with licences ? it is only DLC cars ? cause having all AC content transfered to rF2 could cause potential loose of AC player base (what reason would we have to play AC instead of rF2 .. maybe scanned tracks for some players is reason enough)

and is there a reason for allowing this to happend ?

sorry for dumb questions :) ..

8. Horus

Horus Alien

I wont be playing rF2 any time soon as AC is my choice. But it does beggar the question.

9. It won't be anywhere close to 'all AC content'; it will be the models that Kunos paid URD to make.

mms, Thomas Gocke, cooknn and 2 others like this.
  10. ouvert

ouvert Alien

okay .. i red it is DLC cars only .. I had no idea URD was/is making cars for Kunos :)
    obviously I`m happy that it is happening ... and curious why? I would assume Kunos is getting something out of it other than extra karma points for doing nice thing .. :)

11. Just speculating here:
    URD probably charge considerably more if Kunos (or any customer) wants exclusive rights to the 3d model that they create.

12. Protoduct

Protoduct Hardcore Simmer

Indycars (2015) coming to AC! Yeah...:cool:

CamsX likes this.
  13. Stereo

Stereo Alien

That's pretty much what they said on the rF2 forums - it's exclusive to DLC only for 60 days, then they can do whatever. Only speculating here but it's usually ~5-10x as expensive to buy the model entirely (think $1000 vs. 10 grand a model, though I don't know specifics)

14. ouvert

ouvert Alien

Yep i though some deal like this was made. Well will be nice to see more cars in one class in rf2.

15. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Good news for our community, I am glad for those who enjoy RF2, URD produce good mod.
    @ouvert do not worry too much about AC, loosing they player base, there is plenty of room for everyone.
    Beside the Corvette, what are the other official content from URD mod ? Or are we talking about the other mod they are selling?

16. From the URD FB:
    For rF2 there will be few cars in next months that are available only from Kunos in AC. That will be some cars our team did for Kunos. I had BMW M2 (235i racing), Toyota GT86 and some more.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  17. St3fan

St3fan Alien

It's been really a long time since I read PRC.net.
    At first sight of this thread's title I thought the RF2 port of AC Nords track has been made official.

18. irfan.pratama

irfan.pratama Hardcore Simmer

how about the license that kunos got from the car brands? would it become trouble?

19. Pretty sure that URD are releasing the mod for free so they probably aren't worried about it. If they were charging for it they would probably rebrand them something fictional like their other payware mods. Pretty sure they physics will be 100% scratch made by URD for RF2 also.

yusupov likes this.
  20. yusupov

yusupov Alien

much ado about nothing, as most PRC articles...generous of kunos, or maybe it was a mistake that benefits simracers as a whole; if so, the impact on their bottom line will be minimal. rf2 users will get to enjoy some great cars & AC will continue to have the best content in simracing.

NightEye and Cote Dazur like this.
  21. Nao

Nao Alien

Looks like an inside deal between URD and Kunos. If URD helped make some of the cars maybe they could even have a proper clause in car license to sell the cars in question in other games. It's a breath of fresh air, but not really "game changing" or significant.

With title like that it will take a lot of clicks thou... i just hope people will appreciate some collaboration instead of arguing. As for PRC <click> <click> <click> <click> <click> <click> <click> <click> <click> <click> :p

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
    yusupov likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.