1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos? Race cars or production cars?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Kunos whats the overall preference of the direction of the upcoming cars for AC? Will we see more Race/track bred cars coming out or more road production cars?

Im hoping its race cars as the races will be more even and exciting, than a grid of 2-3 different super cars racing with different performance.

A word on this maybe. And please dont delete, i need to know if this games going to be another gran turismo or an race sim worthy of old simbin games!!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    Darren Blythe likes this.

2. Race cars is almost the only option for me. I'm not a fan of road cars on a simulator, even supercars, I almost never drive them.

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i would like to see radicals and caterhams, or maybe mx5 or clios in which you can create single make championshipd out of. But what if we could have the clio cup version, or the cup version of the MX5..or the mini cooper which has a great series!!!

that would be awesome

4. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Got to be race cars with the odd track day car thrown in for a laugh, really dont understand why you'd want to drive road cars in a race sim.

5. Sebbl

Sebbl Gamer

I love the idea of Kunos to bring more production cars into a racing simulation. I was a fan of Gran Turismo a few years ago, unfortunately they never had a serious physics for their cars.

I'm really pleased to see production cars in an simulation like AC. :)

On the other hand I couldn't really care less about Open Wheelers. Up to now I never have driven the Tatuus, cause I just dont care...

6. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Totally pointless to me.

7. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Road cars all the way!
    And a few race cars, just for diversity.
    I especially like the way of car tuning KS has implemented.
    That way you can make a car more race oriented, but still not so much that it loses its character.

In a nutshell, road cars are much more colorful.

cc570, xystof and kill_em_all like this.
  8. DrSmile

DrSmile Racer

I hope they stay with the course they taken......normal street car->updated to trackday/tuned->full racespec
    I like to see how much improvement a normal production car takes in terms of speed/handling/griplevel when it reaches GT-Spec. :)

cc570 likes this.
  9. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

maybe they should develop "run down to the local shop" mode, where you can see how fast you can get on the way to your local tescos lol... in your fiesta!!

Nah give me track and race cars any day

The Moose likes this.
  10. CRex

CRex Gamer

I hope they make a nice mix of road and race cars. Mods will add alot to this too. Dont worry so much, enjoy the ones we have.

cc570 likes this.
  11. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

yes there is mods....

12. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Now why must you go to extremes? Just because people ask for a road car does not mean they refer to budget minis. I am a firm believer that you can have a good laugh in a properly set up factory production sports car, similar to the sublime E30. Not to say I dislike racecars with their firm suspensions and their rock solid chassis and raspy motors.
    I would rather have a nice mix of both. Because why not? Lighting up the tires of an S2000, GT-86 or TVR seem like a nice passtime too when not going for precision driving in a GT2 monster.

13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i was joking..?! i agree i dont want only purely race cars.... but dont want to end up with 100s of road cars and 10 race cars.

14. sinbad

sinbad Racer

So this thread is a bit like your Fantasy tracks thread, where it's basically you deriding opinions that differ from your own.

Race cars and road cars are the same in a simulator. You don't need the fire extinguisher, you don't need the roll cage, it's all pretend, why do you care if the car is a bit quicker around a corner or if the suspension and brakes are that much more effective? This is like saying you'd only drive race cars from the 2000s because the ones from the 90s are slower. "Going fast" whilst sat at your desk "lol... in your racecar!!!". You'd probably be happier with 5 different FWD touring cars than a varied selection of road cars too.

15. recelebi

recelebi Rookie

I drive a 2010 Fiesta 1.25. No ESP, 82PS, top speed 165 km/h BUT great handling and driving pleasure. You know what? I love my car and I wouldn't mind if I had the chance to drive it in a simulation.

16. recelebi

recelebi Rookie

What I mean is to do a comparison of a simulation and real life I need road cars as well. It's amazing to drive a Pagani in Assetto Corsa but it's almost impossible for most of us to test it in real life. I think a fair balance between road and race cars would please everyone.

17. As long as there's plenty of race cars they can put in some road cars too not a problem for me..

18. endgame

endgame Racer

I'm kinda worried about how many road cars we'l end up with because I find them a tad boring in sims . . . much prefer race cars.

19. BanjoMaster

BanjoMaster Racer

Disclaimer: The following rant is not aimed specifically at anyone in this thread, or any of their posts in particular.

These kinds of threads are getting sooooo boring, and they're everywhere. "I don't like race cars, please make them all road cars." "I don't like road cars, please make them all race cars." "I want Porsche." "We can't get Porsche." "..... I want Porsche." "More American Muscle, no Jap crap." "More JDMTyteYo, no American redneckmobiles." "I want only classics, new cars are arcade." "No old cars, they're all ancient and rubbish, I only like new cars." "Why no Lamborghini? Especially when you've got A LAMBORGHINI POSTER in your game? Surely a poster means you can get the cars?" and of course, the good old "I drive a 1988 XXXX, it's a bit rusty round the rear arches, could possibly do with new clutch, and the paint is starting to fade around the front wing. It's also only got 68bhp. I'd love to see it put into the game by Kunos, especially with the borderline illegal rear tyres". I mean, seriously, what the f***? You've been given the high privilege of being given the opportunity to vote for the cars you want Kunos to go after, something I don't think I've ever seen done before, and there are loads of folk who're using even this as an excuse for a good old moan. It's unbelievable. Yes, the list doesn't give you the chance to vote for every car by every manufacturer in every configuration over every year that car's have cruised the earth, but don't you think there's probably very sound reasoning behind this? Especially as the game is moddable and, in theory, there's no limiting factor on what cars you can put in the game yourselves if you really want them.

Please guys (and girls), enjoy the opportunity you've just been given and give the rest of it a break. The fact that every where I turn there's more of these "I want this/that/next thing and everyone else sucks" threads is making by brain cook.

You may now carry on with your existences.

mistery, Dori and Ethan Dean like this.
  20. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

BanjoMaster whiners will be whiners. That will never change.
    If you dont believe me, take yourself for example. You could just ignore all these threads but no, you just HAD to rant...

TBH I didnt expect this thread to live long, since it has been stated many times that this is a support forum, but guess mods got tired of closing all of MsportDAN's OT threads.
    Anyways, since it wasn't closed, I don't see the harm in some healthy discussion, even if its just for arguments sake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.