1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Kunos tracks outside of europe

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Enforcer-J, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Enforcer-J

Enforcer-J Racer

What are the chances of Kunos offering up tracks outside of Europe? I would assume they will only stick to laser scanned tracks (are there any non laser scanned in the game?)

I guess Im hoping to see a Bathurst or Laguna Seca for example but is this likely to happen considering the cost and/or logistics?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room What tracks would you like to see Kunos add? (Google Survey) Jul 28, 2016
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can't watch pre-1.5 update replays of kunos tracks Apr 4, 2016
    Tracks modding Kunos tracks with extra pit boxes 1.7 Oct 23, 2015
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues All kunos`s tracks need to fix surfaces Jun 2, 2015
    Tracks modding New ai for existing kunos tracks Mar 30, 2015
    Tracks modding Question to kunos: can i use objects form assetto corsa tracks? Jul 3, 2014
    ACC General Discussions Aristotelis Vasilakos moves on to new adventures from Kunos Simulazioni Jan 12, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer The New Standard - Kunos Lobby down (every weekend) Aug 13, 2023
    ACC Physics Kunos, what are you doing to the BOP? Jul 22, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos servers down every day now Jul 18, 2023
    ACC User Interface Kunos please implement Curved Monitors in "View Settings" Apr 27, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Kunos Server (ERROR - RESTART YOUR SERVER TO REGISTER WITH THE LOBBY) Dec 16, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Untold Games Kunos ,You can't play online, what happens? Aug 27, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Kunos Competition Servers@ACC: Incident Report missing Jun 23, 2022
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Kunos Servers Down Jun 13, 2022

3. Bathurst :cool:

The Moose likes this.
  4. magzire

magzire Alien

They will need to start charging more than 10 euro, flights aren't cheap :)

Turk likes this.
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

PhenOm likes this.
  6. Enforcer-J

Enforcer-J Racer

Thanks Quffy.

Yeah I have seen that list which is what prompted me to ask the question :)
    I'm looking to the future beyond that list and just interested to know if its something the devs want to do or if its been ruled out.

7. tovey_4saken

tovey_4saken Gamer

It can be done without them having to leave the country and just outsourcing like most other game dev's do when the track they need is far away
    http://www.maptek.com/news/maptek-i-site-3d-technology-used-to-model-mount-panorama-race-circuit/

But i think kunos like to step foot on the track themselves breath the atmosphere,take in the environment and feel the aura that makes each track so unique.

And who can blame them :D stepping foot on iconic tracks would have a humbling feeling

[RRRV] JuggernAlz and Enforcer-J like this.
  8. Stereo

Stereo Alien

There might be laws to deal with too, when they stay in Europe they have the common legal area, but if they go elsewhere and do some work it would be best not to assume it's just ok.

I'd be happy to see it happen, I think buying already scanned data & just visiting for photoshoots is more likely though.

Patrik Marek and Enforcer-J like this.
  9. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Spretty much the only 2 tracks that I would like AC to add and I'm set. :)

10. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure they have discussed it. Just a single us track would boost NA sales... The largest consumer market in the world...

Selfishly, I want Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway. I race regularly at both.

Not to mention but Laguna is very easy to work with. Great folks in charge of that track.

11. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

hmmm, Laguna. Love that track even though I suck at it :p
    Petit LeMans is also a very nice track (road Atlanta is the official name isn't it?).

12. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Man thinking and realizing all those FFB effects we would have going down the corkscrew. :D

13. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

I believe the historic Monza is not laser scanned ;)

14. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

+1000 for laguna sega!!

robertedell, the_meco and Lawndart like this.
  15. My buddy just converted the VHR stockcar Sonoma but without permissions so it is only for personal use. If anybody knows any of the VHR guys and can help me get in touch with them we would love to share it but we have to get their permission first. It isn't laser scanned, of course, but something is better than nothing and they did a nice job modeling it.

16. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well laserscanning is a bonus not necessity .. knowing that that bump is THERE and not somewhere over there ... but you don`t feel that much difference driving on Monza, Imola, Nurburgring GP, etc in AC and lets say in GTR Evo o R3E .. if the track is well made .. I`m still curious about more distinctive tracks like Zandvoort and Nordschleife ...
    so having well made Kunos non-scanned tracks vs having modded non-scanned tracks I would go for Kunos version with possible laser scanned surface update in future ...

17. Enforcer-J

Enforcer-J Racer

Ah indeed!

18. witoldinho

witoldinho Racer

I have a spare boat I'm willing to rent so no problem

Qwaribo likes this.
  19. Lawndart

Lawndart Hardcore Simmer

Yes please! That is my home track and one I have hundreds of real world laps on. I strongly desire acquiring this. PM me with any details, please let me evaluate it, I'll find them and get permissions.

Laser scaned tracks are nice and all but most don't realize it's not a perfect process. The last track I helped laser scan (Sonoma actually) we were still off my 18 meters in elevation when assembling the data... Sometimes hand made tracks by those that know a track, have the personality of the real track lasor scanning can't capture...

Lasor scanning was invented to speed up a modeling process... But the whole "lasor" thing sorta turned it into a buzz word for precision... Though lasor scanning has evolved a lot in recent years so it could be fulfilling both now.

Ischemica and Patrik Marek like this.
  20. Turk

Turk Alien

They could still go to the track even if they outsource the laser scanning to another company. The saving for them would be man hours, equipment, transporting everybody, insurance.. If they just go over for a few days to get a feel for the place but leave the work to another company it would be a huge saving and cost no more than your average American holiday.

I think Kunos should try their best to keep putting out laser scanned tracks exclusively. A laser scanned track can't be improved on (bar adding atmosphere) and it gives them their edge over certain competition. I think there's a massive difference between laser scanned and the typical way of making tracks, I think it's worth the extra effort.

F430_458_F12 likes this.
  21. ouvert

ouvert Alien

well I think it is more in our heads .. most of us never drove on those tracks and we have no chance to tell the difference between laserscaned track and track made in colaboration with someone who knows that track well .. you can get accurate layout and elevation without laserscanning, you can get bumps just as well .. nonscanned != lower quality
    Another thing is that as much as we want, cars don`t behave like IRL and track surface niether so it is really more of a gimmick(maybe not well choosen word), good for marketing, good for our feeling, probably good for speeding up the modeling process ... but when it comes to expense of laserscannig standing in a way of having original high quallity non european tracks I`m not gonna feel bad for not having all the tracks laserscanned ...