1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos, What is going on?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by SlimCharles, Feb 12, 2018.

1. DatNoiseV12

DatNoiseV12 Simracer

Forgot to check the liveries (only checked the shift display).
    So there's another car that crashes the game?!

2. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

Hot fix like this one probably cost a lot more than a normal submission process (similar thing Codemasters did with thrustmaster wheels fiasco on Dirt Rally). What I wonder is why would you send an update without getting it through QA testing?

Yummy.

pippo10 likes this.
  3. fbetes

fbetes Simracer

The new patch 1.18 doesn't solve the crashes...

Unbelievable!

SlimCharles and Donnced2 like this.
  4. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

The team are already looking into this :(

5. Donnced2

Donnced2 Alien

Porsche 919 LMP1-H 2016 also crash the game (1.18):(

6. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

My goodness. What a nightmare.

7. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

If this can help, I did a little bit of testing .
    It crashes if I select any GT3 car on Laguna and I select the "same-class" as option. I think it is because by default loads GTE cars as well including the Corvette which causes the crash.
    As a matter of fact, I created a offline championship excluding the Corvette and it worked fine.

So the issue is that specific cars are causing the crash and if "called" by the "same-class" option it will crash the game.
    So the workaround for the time being is to not include those cars when creating online or offline races
    It would be useful to track down what the cars are.
    Surely the corvette c7 gt3

8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Ok I had an idea yesterday but didn't get to try it out before this update, but I just tried it. I deleted my game save and had zero crashes when choosing the C7R. I tried it 5 times with Laguna and a couple other tracks. However as above, the Porsche 919 crashed my game on every single attempt. Only 2 cars I tried.

9. Xherdani

Xherdani Racer

So please KUNOS bring a update with Giulia fix, crashes completely fixed, and the special events of the bonus pack 3 and we console players are happy and you can continue working on AC2 :D

10. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I did another test which is quite peculiar.
    I selected Laguna and race weekend-option
    then i selected the option single-make
    then i tried to create the offline lobby by selecting individually all the GT3 cars and GT2 and it worked.
    I was hoping that by loading individually all the cars on the track it would somehow "refresh" the code and allow the run in "same-class" option but it did not work.
    So the issue is a specific selection/combination of cars that crashes Laguna Seca.

11. SlimCharles

SlimCharles Alien

C7R works for me on practice mode.

919 2016 doesnt.

12. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Yes the CR7 works for me to PS4 , didn't test the 919 LMP1 2016

olevet and SlimCharles like this.
  13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I think the console version of AC is just too big for Kunos. They can’t handle this kinda amount of work. It’s frustrating and annoying to see that EVERY patch/Update makes the game more broken. I really don’t understand it!! I can share y’all frustration and the fans from @SimCharles is understandable!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Rather than can't handle it, because they clearly can. I think its more a case of where their focus is, and I'm guessing its fully on their next project.

15. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

With every update game ist more Borken, problems with XBox Players (pushing Updates its), game is not near the PC version as it was promise to us problems all over the place and you say”they can”! I don’t think so sir.

They behave like SMS (project cars), pushing the first release, got all the cash and leav the game on 60/70% some....I hate that kinda attitude tbh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Claponi

Claponi Racer

Now that we can enjoyed this game again I'm waiting announcement for a new update getting us closer to the PC version before or with the release of the ultimate edition, just to respect promises. We don't even receive all of the last update made for the PC : special events are missing.

Great game, but still seams greater on PC.

svenvangent, fbetes and Dave53 like this.
  17. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Thats not likely to happen.it has been hinted many times (new year message,posts here on the forum) that this is the final update.but the launching of Assetto Corsa Ultimate Edition for consoles is the proof that right now we have a final product.its a shame because there are a few features really important that should have been in the game from a long time ago

18. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

I am personally exhausted by this huge gap between the 2 versions. Mind you, with the new AC Competizione could be even worse given that a ps5 will come out which means new libraries, new hardware and new restrictions..

Claponi likes this.
  19. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Whats going on ....yaaaa man

Lewisxbone likes this.
  20. darren m

darren m Racer

No, none of the consoles can handle this