1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Kunos, will you share the love with console owners in ACC?

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by RhythmMachine, Jun 2, 2020.

1. TXC_IJOJOI

TXC_IJOJOI Racer

Fake aswell.
    We have some "real" footage from GT Planet:

But whoever was driving, wasn't doing a good job at all :D

2. PHA7VTOM

PHA7VTOM Rookie

Strangely enough, that decidedly-square steering input looks like it was done on keyboard.

RaceSimCentral also posted this as they got the exact same press kit, it was delivered by some PR company so I guess they handled it? Again, an asinine move.... why not just show in-car footage from someone who can drive competently and without visual assists?

TXC_IJOJOI and Seb007 like this.
  3. vava74

vava74 Rookie

this one seems to be fake, extracted from another video. Also posted on the videogame yearbook YT site with different bits.

4. vava74

vava74 Rookie

The original AC1 is probably better (due to frame-rate and variety). I pre-ordered and will complete the purchase of ACC, but I suspect that I will have more fun on AC1, not only on the PS4Pro it mostly behaves well, you also have more variety of cars to drive and that, for me, is important and will make AC1 always relevant, even if I end up liking ACC.
    Just last night I had a ball driving the GTR Nismo around Barcelona, 911R around Imola and the Gallardo SL around Brands Hatch on the "instant" Quick Races offered.

Hammerpgh and pippo10 like this.
  5. Burnleyhome

Burnleyhome Racer

Movement looks like my playing on a controller. It resembles my mad-max playing

6. Couldn’t agree more. Beeing in the same situation with a family and four kids, there is no way in hell a gaming PC is my first priority if i have money left when bills, food, rent etc is payed. What would be my priority would perhaps be a gaming PC for my son as an example. That’s my priority- family and kids first. Me-last. But that’s my choice no one else forced me.

You cant judge or compare hobbys or other peoples priorities. Its up to each and everyone to decide whats right for them. But what really gets to me is that IF you are on PC you have all of a sudden received the god given right to Minimize or criticise everyone who isn`t. This discussion has absolutly nothing to do about PC vs console. This is about 505 games along with Kunos announcements to release ACC on console March 2020

KUNOS Simulazioni and 505 Games are thrilled to announce that Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

ACC will be available both digitally and at physical retail on June 23rd, 2020. What’s more, players who pre-order the console edition of ACC will also gain access to the Intercontinental GT Pack DLC on release day, which expands the Assetto Corsa Competizione experience to include the official Intercontinental GT Challenge. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC is scheduled to launch later this summer.

The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione introduces four iconic international circuits from four different continents – Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (South Africa), Suzuka Circuit (Japan), Weathertech®️ Raceway Laguna Seca (United States) and Mount Panorama Circuit (New South Wales Australia). Players owning these tracks will extend the GT Series to the Intercontinental GT Challenge by Pirelli, providing a challenging driving experience using an exclusive layout finely reproduced with Laserscan®️ technology, allowing for extreme track reproduction precision and detail. The Intercontinental GT Pack DLC also adds more than 45 new car liveries, 30 new teams and 50 new drivers along with all-new game modes from the real-life Intercontinental GT Challenge powered by Pirelli.

Assetto Corsa Competizione allows players to experience the real atmosphere of the GT3 championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved. Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes.

The launch of Assetto Corsa Competizione on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One is part of a full plan that will cover both PC and console instalments of the game:

Stay tuned for more info! Exciting times ahead.

It’s the last line that made me snap. When no info is released no gameplay, screen shots no nothing is released its
    unavoidable that people compare with the information and videos that is accessible even if we know it’s not what we are going to get. It’s no wonder people gets mad when they actually paid real money for it in advance. And before anyone comment about “you didn’t have to preorder it- yes most of us did due to the fact that preorder gave access to the new DLCs in advance.

Being a racing sim high frame rate is crucial to the overall experience and consistent lap times. 30fps isn’t something they knew yesterday. It must have been known since day 1. It would have been better if they were honest from the start saying

KUNOS Simulazioni and 505 Games are thrilled to announce that Assetto Corsa Competizione is heading to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. An optimized version for current gen consoles will future 30fps for all consoles. Dynamic weather.... blabla...and so on...

Everyone would have known from the start

BR Daniel L

7. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Could you not have pre-ordered when there was more information available...like now (or is there a date that your pre order needed to be in by?)

jaxx_za and Landslide Lulea like this.
  8. Well, I've cancelled my pre-order, so in essence that is what I've done.

9. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

Makes sense, probably best to wait for some reviews in this case as it hasn’t been the best thought out launch. Hopefully the driving experience will make up for some of the other shortcomings..sim quality trumps gaming features generally with Kunos.

10. Why
    Seen in retrospective absolutely- that would have been today when official gameplay video was released. My point is that this ****storm could have easily been avoided if 505 Released more info continuously these last months.

11. Seb007

Seb007 Gamer

ok, here real console gameplay

12. One thing I still don't know is what the frame rate is for AC on XBOX (OG)? Sure, it doesn't make me forget that I'm not actually driving a real car, but it's enough for me to play comfortably. If that's running at 30 and ACC will run at 30, then while it may not be ideal it's certainly not a deal-breaker for me. If I'm used to 60 and then get 30 in the new and improved release, then I think I'll see if I can cancel my pre-order as well. Does anyone know?

13. I would like to know if driver swapping is still in the game.
    I guess I'll be the only one that getting the game on release, I don't need another person making my mind up.
    £30 is a cheap price to pay for a good game, I know I won't be spending £74 on another hyped up racing game that I wish I could get a refund for.

Didn't you read the blog?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  14. I'm not sure which blog you mean. I've read the release info about ACC, but that doesn't answer my question. What frame rate does AC run at on XBOX One? I know what ACC will do, but I don't know if that's better, worse, or the same as it is now in AC.

15. We been over this before...
    you tend to go off about random stuff I never said often. I even supported and agreed with many posts on the subject so not sure why you keep implying I said this and that.
    ^
    which brings me to how you and your buddy below love to misread and put negative tones into what I say.

oh no, BOLD letters!
    Really... does emphasis offend you?

I've shared many friendly and even helpful responses... they aren't unhelpful, dismissive, privileged, and straight up just not very nice just because you don't share my thoughts and opinions.

We been over how affordable PCs are before.
    Most people spend more on a single phone these days than a nice gaming PC would cost.

I can understand your situation. Yet, not everyone moves out in their teens, works 15+hour days, then joins the military at 19 either. Even my wife went straight in and just crossed 20 years.
    Regardless the situation, there is more money to be made everywhere so what you can afford is up to you.

Name calling... really?
    You have been here for what two weeks and taken part in only two console topic threads... just because we disagree with something doesn't justify name calling.

You tend to hijack my responses to others often.
    I tried to point it out before but it was considered "combative"
    ^
    Funny how that works... when others share your opinions its considered "fair observation" - but when I share mine, I am a "pompous arsehole"

Wow...
    making fun of my response to Mr Munchies too.
    I'm going to just walk away from this.

16. My apologies if responses and comments appeared rude fellow racers.

Hope ACC works out for everyone on consoles.
    I will be waiting for a bit.

Enjoy,
    Signing off the thread

Hammerpgh likes this.
  17. Eero

Eero Hardcore Simmer

Around 40fps with full grid.

18. Audioslave

Audioslave Gamer

Seems good (if you don’t think about the framerate).
    Game is cheap, I’m gonna buy it.
    ACC would be fantastic on next gen. Fingers crossed.

19. CmdrCody

CmdrCody Rookie

Yeah. Luckily this forum has an ignore function: view a users's profile and the Ignore option is on the top right.

20. CmdrCody

CmdrCody Rookie

I'm going to call fake on that as well, since it doesn't show how the game loads, what the menus really look like (the controls menu would very quickly prove that it's really a console version), and the in-game video is cropped.