1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

L.A Canyons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Phoenix Racing, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

I was aiming for this weekend...

But have realised it would be better for the normal "bump" maps if I "erode" the terrain mesh... especially where the road meets the terrain.

I've also chosen to better align the terrain mask so I can more accurately paint the terrain.
    This now means I have to redo all the road splines. It's a pain in the... re-doing 42km's of road... but will hopefully result in a smoother flow of corner radius's, elevation changes...

[​IMG]
    The terrain mask channels need more blending, as you can probably see in the middle ground... But the texture variations will be worth it IMO... When the things I'm learning get applied to Pacific Coast the difference will be night and day :)

So this has probably pushed back the release by a week, possibly two... depending on the available time I get mate.

2. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Ooops slow internet = double post... :confused:

3. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Really looking forward to this one. With the Mustang released, I'm on to the NFS cars and I can't help but think this project is, in spirit, the absolute ideal place for such cars to run. (Along with Pacific Coast, BCC, Highlands, Coste/SP237, Tajo, and maybe a couple others.)

4. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Cheers mate that's good to hear... especially after realising I've got to position the road again.... The word boll***s might have been said... a few times! lol But it will be worth it :)

That sounds really good... Which need for speed cars? Most Wanted? Carbon?
    Could be great if is was easy to add a flashing light bar to the new Mustang and some CHP or Rockport PD skins for it.

5. NFS 1... from 1994 :p

Most Wanted and Carbon are more my era, we're obviously too young to remember the good old days :D

Phoenix Racing likes this.
  6. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

I can just about remember the very first Test Drive game... So I can't quite claim to being too young to not have remembered the good old days mate :D

7. Orne

Orne Alien

Road and Track NFS SE FTW. I have fond memories of playing that game hours per day. Still my favorite of the NFS series.

8. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I hope this road be less of a resource hog as compared to your PCH road.:)

9. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

That was one of the NFS games that I didn't play... I'm not sure why I didn't though. My favourite NFS was either Underground 2 or Most Wanted (the decent one)

To be honest it will possibly be the same mate
    (although PC 0.824's problem is the bushes aren't grouped properly yet)
    With the bushes (41.kn5) the DIP's go up to 18000 which is crap optimisation...
    If you want it to run better rename 41.kn5 to something else like 41_bushes.kn5... Until I sort things out mate :)

rd.king likes this.
  10. isamu

isamu Racer

OK sounds good man!

11. mistery

mistery Hardcore Simmer

Wow, always wanted to try TST roads! Keep it up, looking forward to a nice release.

Now just hope someone will release Deals Gap/Tail of the Dragon.

12. André57

André57 Racer

[QUOTE="
    With the bushes (41.kn5) the DIP's go up to 18000 which is crap optimisation...
    If you want it to run better rename 41.kn5 to something else like 41_bushes.kn5... Until I sort things out mate :)
    [/QUOTE]

Thanks I have did it ...let say that my pc is old and weak. Before my topFPS was 34, after rename 41.kn5 to 41_bushes.kn5 it reach 84 :eek:. Well that much improved :D. Now I can realy enjoyed this track. Thanks again for the tip.

13. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

No worries mate, glad you can enjoy it now... I'm trying to make Pacific and this run ok on average computers with around 10 AI so I need to brush up on optimising and grouping objects... It will get there!

Cheers mate, glad you're liking the sound of it :)

This was supposed to be a simple texture test area for Pacific... But then I saw TST's 488 GTB video... and knew these roads had to be in AC... So it's TST's fault this will be in AC...
    It would be cool if Matt was into Sim Racing, saw this... and recorded an AI fastlane lol
    Cool that you're looking forward to the release, ... So am I... as I really need to get back on Pacific Coast and optimise it better, add a lot more foliage, add the mansion... and get it to a v1.0 :)
    I was thinking of doing the Tail of the Dragon... But maybe after this and Pacific I should try a small track ;)... Maybe something 10 miles long lol

Radfahrer likes this.
  14. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Most of the roads are now back in, and the flow of the corners has gone up exponentially!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sometimes it's good to go back a stage if something isn't right... I made 100% the right choice sorting out the terrain mesh/road bed... Now most of the corners are single apex, for some pretty sweet, easy drifts :)
    This section right near the start will be pretty good for all the drifters out there ;)
    [​IMG]

15. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for all that awesome stuff, Phoenix , thanks for all the work,man.
    My tophat just went flying ...

My uneducated guess would be that the outcome will be a track of the caliber of Snoopy´s Nords or Lake Louise, so an absolute blast to drive and look at .

I´m taking my leave now and shall continue salivating silently behind my wheel, anticipating this beauty of a drive .

16. Berry

Berry Alien

Looking forward to this mate, will be a blast when it's all done! Glad you started looking into the little details that make tracks/roads great, I'm sure it will improve the quality a lot :).Grats and best of luck!

17. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

lol Thanks a lot mate, you're more than welcome... Some of the credit for me making this has to go to Matt Farah from "The Smoking Tire".... even if he doesn't spell the word tire correctly lol
    That's a high calibre of track to be included with... I hope I can make it as good as those tracks :)
    Hopefully, if all things go as planned an early release will be on RD in around a week... If everything plays ball.

Thanks mate glad you're looking forward to this... It's getting a really nice flow to it now.
    It's taken a while for the things I've read to sink in and make sense... and sometimes I have to re-read guides again, Luchian's & Lilski's guides have been awesome... as well as various tutorials on Youtube...
    But I think I'm progressing quite well for around 6 months of track making :)

The Moog, Cote Dazur and Berry like this.
  18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Looks really impressive. But please use all possibilities to optimize the track performance wise too, so that it's not more demanding than Kunos tracks. I would be so happy if I will be able to enjoy this beauty in VR with constant 90 FPS. Thank you for your efforts!

19. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Cheers Mike, I've only been making tracks for just over 6 months,
    when I learn how to optimise properly I will.
    I basically need to block objects together, but knowing this process there's probably a lot more to it.

I can't promise that this track won't be more demanding than Kunos tracks though.
    It's a bit of a different animal than Kunos tracks... 100km² of extremely mountainous terrain for one thing.
    The closest Kunos track to this, size wise, would be Nords... But if you compare this to Nords... Nords is as flat as a pancake :D Terrain wise, this also makes the Highlands track look about as high as a speed bump lol

To be honest mate, I haven't got an Occulus so I can't really set any tracks up specifically for VR.
    It will be a bonus if it runs well on it... but I'm obviously also not trying to make it resource hungry...

No worries mate, it will be what it be... Maybe pray to the gods of Optimisation ;)

Cote Dazur and Alexandr66 like this.
  20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

There is no need for anything specific for VR, except for one, the FPS, but that would also be important for people on monitors playing in 4K. VR and high resolution monitor are extremely hungry on FPS, so every bit of optimization helps.
    Thank you for all your efforts to bring us those beautiful tracks and for the optimization so we can enjoy them in all their glory.