1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

L.A Canyons

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Phoenix Racing, Apr 2, 2017.

1. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Ok cool, thanks for letting me know :)
    It doesn't help optimsation, when I seem to like choosing scenery that needs to have quite a lot of polys lol
    landscape_wire.jpg
    Cheers mate, I've learnt some really basic things that will help with the object grouping :)

2. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Tunnel!!!
    [​IMG]
    I can let you know from experience that you can take this corner at over 100mph...
    then into the tunnel... With necessary reverb of course :D

3. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

vanveen, Turk, Ace Pumpkin and 4 others like this.
  4. Nekrobob

Nekrobob Hardcore Simmer

Was driving it the whole Day in the Oculus Rift(Drivers Paradise Server),just awesome,thank you so much!

Phoenix Racing likes this.
  5. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Excellent to hear mate :) Feel free to share any laptimes and cool car combinations here mate!
    You're more than welcome mate... Hope you're getting seriously quick. Keep having fun with it Bob :)

Also...

If anyone fancies recording a Super fast - Super smooth AI line (Between the white lines)....
    Feel free, as I'm not totally happy with the AI so far.

Also the cams are only there so there's something... They're not all that... If anyone fancies a nice big camera project... Again feel free :) Thanks...

6. Pixelchaser

Pixelchaser Hardcore Simmer

use pro optimiser modifier on that terrain, it will protect your border data and joins. and consider a non rendered physics layer so you can lower the poly count of the visual road and you`ll get those poly counts down to reasonable levels. imo you could do that in a quarter of what you are using. hey! and I know your learning your own way, recently applying lidar data to a project my reduction (without visual loss) was around 4 million down to 75K.... wireframes are great, to look at, mesmerising even. but the layout ends up being overkill for what is required visually, ignore that wireframe. the best poly structures(when optimised) look an absolute mess. the faces though look fine, concentrate on them. maybe try employ more detail close to your road, and less further away too.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  7. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Yeah I know about the Pro Optimiser Modifier... Thanks for letting me know about it though mate :)
    I need to learn more about vertex smoothing and how the hell to use it.. as for some reason when I've used the Pro Optimiser and a few other commands... It seems to F up the landscape mesh and makes it facetted. It's possibly a check box or something stupidly simple (hopefully). There is some facetting going on already and it's a pain in the....

Splitting the road mesh into visual and physical is on my to do list already... I've already done that for Pacific Coast... so I will have to remember WTF I did lol I will also obviously be applying a number of displacement mods to the physical road for some more road information. Hence why this is only a 0.3 atm.

Yeah my intention from the start was to start with a detailed mesh and scale it back... As I was guessing... Like with photo editing... It's better to start with more resolution... then scale it back. Don't worry I wasn't focusing on the wireframe. My landscape does have a higher tri count the nearer it gets to the road. But I agree there can be a massive cull on the landscape mesh.

Thanks for your info mate, it's much appreciated :)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  8. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

LA Canyons 0.5 - Total rebuild with much better road accuracy
    [​IMG]
    Download from Race Department
    https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/la-canyons.15067/

Now Featuring 3 layouts
    Normal
    Reverse
    Freeroam (with up to 125 pit boxes) although I'd recommend 50 - 60 max to test how things work
    Currently there is a 57 pit box server online (search canyons) and everything works very nicely ;)

[​IMG]
    Now features the real roads junctions (x5)
    The main loop uses Angeles Crest, Angeles Forest Highway & Upper Big Tujunga Canyon Road. All with mostly, lovely fast flowing corners.

There are also, for supporters, an extra 73km+ of extra roads (more WIP)
    Including...
    Big Tujunga Canyon Road, Top and Bottom sections of Angeles Crest (making 39km's of Angele Crest)
    The road up to Mount Wilson... Including the well know Mount Wilson Observatory as a landmark.

[​IMG]
    The main loop (normal / reverse layouts) now include guardrails, road signs... including lots and lots of chevrons.... and a 1st wave of roadside foliage. More to come in a future update.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Also works extremely well with the headlight shader mod, and night time weather.

Anyone for a Midnight or Sunset canyon run? ;)

A massive, massive thanks goes to @benobro for the awesome bridge and grass / bushes
    And a huge thanks to @Correca for working on the AI lines and Trackmaps

9. Tberg

Tberg Alien

The track Black Cat County wish it were :p

(sorry Si3v)...

Keep Going buddy!

Orne and Phoenix Racing like this.
  10. arthur666

arthur666 Alien

Wow.
    So. I've had my wheel in storage for a couple of months, for various reasons. I needed a good excuse to break it out at some point.
    This track, my friends, is that excuse.

Phoenix Racing and paul_wev like this.
  11. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Love it thanks! :D
    Don't worry I will... and if anyone ever wants to get this into the Unreal Engine... Who knows I might go all they way lol

Awesome, glad for this track to be a reason for you to break out your wheel :)
    Have loads of fun... and if you haven't tried the shader mod... try an online night canyon run...
    A few kind people have very kindly provided some server space... I'm not sure for how long.
    So try it out for as long as it lasts :)

Drive safe :)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  12. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

I've had confirmation from two people local to this track... and they both say it's very accurate and they recognise places :) Maybe not perfect... But from 5,437 miles away from LA... I'm more than happy finding out it's very accurate!

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  13. Orne

Orne Alien

It is utterly mind blowing, so close to real life and the Porsche 930s are perfect on this road!! Add in the headlights mod and I never wanna stop driving!!

14. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Awesome mate... Grab a full tank and drive until you run out of fuel ;) lol

Enzo Martin likes this.
  15. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

LA Canyons 0.8 - Coming this Friday, 21st of September...

Includes:

High resolution road mesh for over 50km's of the main loops highways and sideroads.
    Before optimising I used approx 110 million polys... optimised back to 1.8 non rendered polys.
    Some cars with lower, firmer suspension will more than likely need their own road setup.

Approximately 600,000 trees, bushes and grass objects... several hundred rock faces, and plenty of other scenery objects.
    As well as some smaller Easter Egg details. These details are layered... so if you experience any performance issues
    you can simply lower the 'World Detail Setting'

Track Cameras (132) for the normal layout

These will also work on the Freeroam / Freeroam Distant / Pursuit layouts
    If you know basic modding, you basically copy the fast_lane.ai line from normal/ai to the freeroam/ai while you watch an online replay for example... after watching the replay...
    rename the fast_line.ai to something else... so the game doesn't find it... and it will allow you to drive it as a freeroam again.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Enzo Martin, Ischemica, tabis and 5 others like this.
  16. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

An absolutely stunning video by Chris Haye... Subscribe to Chris' channel and keep an eye on what Chris comes up with next... A Youtube channel that is going to grow and grow!

17. Phil64

Phil64 Simracer

Yes, please do, that would be more than awesome!

Back to RD to wear out my F5 key :)

Phoenix Racing likes this.
  18. Phoenix Racing

Phoenix Racing Simracer

Ischemica, Mr.Mugel, T'PAU and 6 others like this.
  19. Orne

Orne Alien

Its amazing with an early morning fog and rain!!

20. plaid

plaid Alien

Was a bit bummed that my PC probably dies if I play ACC, but this is (another) very nice track and while maybe not be the best option for racing is far more fun to drive with a supercar, than a GT3 on the average circuit for me anyway.

I hope you consider a version with traffic on both lanes, I believe only coste offers that, which is pretty great to spice that kind of track up.

Phoenix Racing and arthur666 like this.