1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lack of feel compared to iRacing.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Japuraltah, Feb 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Japuraltah

Japuraltah Rookie

Ok, I've been trying out Assetto Corsa over Spa in some GT3s (my favourite series) and got everything figured out (I think).

Two things struck me:
    1° GT3s are damn easy to drive, they don't want to kill you every corner like iRacing cars do.
    Is it because I was running basic setup, or is it a general thing?

2° I lack feeling with the track, I can't feel what the car is doing and when it starts sliding it's often too late to catch it. The FFB feels mushy, it's hard to describe, I'm just not connected to the track and, TBH, I don't like it at all.

I'm thinking about buying everything for 2 accounts atm, looking forward to the Blanpain parternship which might be 'the thing' I've been waiting for for years, but this lack of connection with the track really drains the fun away.
    So, if you played iRacing before, do you agree on that observation and, if yes, did you try/succeed to fix it?

Cheers.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Thrustmaster TX kerb feel (or lack therof) Jun 26, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Lack of Feeling of Speed Acceleration Sep 17, 2016
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Some cars lack feel around the centre Dec 24, 2013
    Chit Chat Room lotus 49 feels like an arcade version, lacks tires Nov 13, 2013
    ACC Troubleshooting ingame Replay TV cameras are black but with sound Saturday at 6:10 PM
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Misano - skybox black flashes, graphics glitches, FPS drops Mar 10, 2024
    ACC Virtual Reality Misano skybox repeatedly flashes/flickers to black, skybox texture changes Jan 4, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer dedicated server cant set driver info "black background" Sep 24, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game shuting down after black screen when launch May 31, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Stuttering and black screens Apr 9, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Lack of BOM in server results files Feb 15, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from Touge Life 3 Sep 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Black screen crash [Resolved by restored OS installation] Jul 16, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer 1.8.16 hotfix - Severe lack of servers after update Jul 6, 2022
    ACC User Interface Lack of in game information is off putting May 23, 2022

3. Orne

Orne Alien

What track grip level are you running in AC ?

4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Turn off Bitdefender.
    :D

5. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

When I last time played iR, even MX5 Miata tried to kill me:D
    Harder = more realistic(c) hard core simracer:cool:

6. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I drove half of lap in GT3 Mclaren in iR, it was super easy too, but suddenly the rear just went out in very fast curve, with no chance to catch at all.

I cab fall asleep driving GT3 in AC. Racing competitive guys is very hard actually for me, maybe lack of interest in GT3 adds up to it. It is boring even when it is hard lol

7. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

He has no chance to understand this joke lol

Nahkamarakatti and mms like this.
  8. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Oh, he does. ;)

9. mms

mms Alien

I'm not sure what kind of AC you've been trying out as I can't see it in your steam library. Sometimes "unofficial" versions of the game floating around the internetz are older versions, not the best idea to use them as a trial version.

#1:
    * default setups in AC might be more forgiving than in other SIMs
    * if you believe that car engineers spend their time to make a high-tech car try to kill their driver in each corner, then AC is not for you

#2:
    * make sure your wheel DOR is correctly set
    * post your hardware specs and ask people with similar wheels for their hardware/game settings
    * open the file Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\graphics.ini and change the maximum frame latency to 1, it might help catching things by reducing input lag
    MAXIMUM_FRAME_LATENCY=1

marcocale and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  10. Buy the game, that might help.

11. Orne

Orne Alien

Console player or pirate ? Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr matey, will have you walk the plank and force you to drive Project Cars 1 for hours on end if it's the latter !!!!

snyperal, Horus, Andrew_WOT and 2 others like this.
  12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Why are your points in degrees?

for you who said he pirated it and shut his post out of that:
    I have been one of those in many games and many Ive bought and many have felt meh "this run like ****". Never tried a game that I ran trough for more than 30 minutes that worked good though that I havent bought. But I wouldnt ask for support in the official forum if i ran into some trouble with them though. :D

SvenUilhoorn and Horus like this.
  13. Tberg

Tberg Alien

You need to be faster before it gets exciting in GT3 ;)

Kristaps and mms like this.
  14. mms

mms Alien

Shame on you :p

15. Horus

Horus Alien

When you buy the game a secret file is installed that makes it work, pirated copies do not have this secret file installed. :D

chksix and mantasisg 2 like this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Very hard to go faster in GT3 when motivation doesn't come. But it seems like you really have to know the setup specifically for those cars...

Yeah... but I thought everyone knows that lol

17. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

At the moment I feel the lack of the game in your Steam associated account, so we are forced to apply the forum rules.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.