1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

LaFerrari vs P1 vs 918

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Seanspeed, Oct 27, 2016.

1. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

A well thought out and articulate argument with no snide or condescension. Very well played.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  2. yusupov

yusupov Alien

if so, it shouldnt be.

3. yusupov

yusupov Alien

irl the 918 shuts off the electric power @ 300kmh (i think) so thats accurate. over 300kmh the effect of the P1s drs will be magnified so that probably enables it to overtake LaFerrari; whether or not it should i dont have any idea (& idk if anyone does tbh).

4. Berry

Berry Alien

Well, in real-life comparisons the 918 seems to bomb to 200km/h then die compared to the other 2, they simply have more power and are much lighter, the P1 is especially renowned for having very powerful acceleration in that 150-300 range, even Randy Pobst said in the 918 vs P1 comparison that the P1's acceleration never feels like it slows down, not even on the uphill sections.
    Watch this: (the LaFerrari will be excluded because it is typical to Ferrari's not to perform as suggested, the one in game does, and other real-life ones are as fast as the P1, so I don't know what that's about)
    Also, bad start for the 918.

5. Debatable. IRL they use it in racing to save tyres. Not go faster.

Maybe it's decent on those hypercars, but my guess is that a good driver can manage without and be just as fast. They're not hard to drive.

In game TC is garbage however (no offense to whoever coded it).

VenomSRT and Seria17hri11er like this.
  6. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

This one was 1000 times already discussed and it was marked as a poor comparison. Different tyres, Guy in LaF not using whole power of the car, unknow fuel onboard, different drivers and their weights, etc., etc. ...

7. Berry

Berry Alien

There's plenty more comparisons, the P1 and the LaFerrari are faster after 170-200km/h, there's no debate, in AC it's the contrary, the 918 easily pulls away until 300km/h.Imho, the car should be recalibrated a bit in-game, a bit more braking and cornering performance, and a little bit less acceleration :).

detoit and dabot96 like this.
  8. yusupov

yusupov Alien

so during qualifying TC is & has always been disabled in any series its allowed?? from early 2000s era F1 videos ive seen, that doesnt seem to be the case.

9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I redid my comparison with a digital speedo for the LaF

10. Cyber-Shot

Cyber-Shot Gamer

All of them seem to be quite a bit quicker in AC than IRL. Especially LaFerrari , crazy fast. 918 is a rocket up to 250kmh and seems to die around 270kmh in AC.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    As for laptimes... Im about 10+ seconds quicker with P1 on nords tourist than i am with 918(need more seat time). Laferrari is somewhere in-between. Haven't really equally tested them one after another though.
    Like the p1 the most out of these 3.

11. agrip 2

agrip 2 Gamer

How du you set camber and toe on these cars.
    P1 feels nervous, 918 feels heavy with bad brakes and the LeF feels fast and agile, but after 5 laps on Blackwood Reloaded they are "still" within 1 sec from each other.

12. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

I hope you don't test them with slick tires?

V8_KB likes this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

not sure if you meant me or the guy below. mine was on HR's, it's on RSR so you can check splits and tyres and all that stuff.

Kristaps likes this.
  14. Cyber-Shot

Cyber-Shot Gamer

If you meant me, then i did it with trofeos. Difference in 0-300 time between the trofeos and road tires is 0.2 for 918 and 0.4 for P1, so not really that much in it. Laferrari is hardest to launch, loses 0.6sec.
    Just wanted to make it as good as possible for the 2 rwd cars. As 918 launch is just unreal.

15. gregack

gregack Racer

AFAIK LaFerrari had worse tyres in the test. That's at least what youtube-comments say.

16. rafikens1000

rafikens1000 Racer

I played around with my new 918 in Barcelona yesterday (u know, famous f1 track there). I got my notes about this car, but I think that I used to him. I mean, I still prefer more p1 and laferrari (every points has been written here already), but now I can really enjoy 918 too.

I will give u my times today for all 3 of them. P1 will be delivered to barcelona in 2-3 hours (laF already there waiting for me).

I drive on trofeo tires (I dont care about money when it comes to tires).

17. Tacoscent

Tacoscent Racer

Okay you are aware that the way TC works in real life and the way it works in video games is vastly different, right? This is Assetto Corsa not real life. Do not compare the two we are obviously talking about the video game. All of these cars right now even at above 1500hp levels are still more controllable than the F2002 without TC. The F2002 does not have controllable wheelspin, at least not that I can manage, so even though the TC does hamper acceleration out of corners, it tends to be faster than dealing with the alternative which is usually spinning out uncontrollably or losing so much time keep the car straight you ruined the entire lap.

All these other cars have a gradual curve and even when going beyond you are still in relative control unless you really botch it. All of these cars (maybe not the 918) require forethought and the ability to already have your move 3 corners from now planned ahead with careful practice to know when you should break how hard to turn in and when to get on the power etc. I do refer to TC in this game almost contemptuously because in all but a select few cases its not needed. To me its the same thing as using the stability control. All it does is cut power, it doesn't work the way it does in real life. I'm simply saying that these cars, in this game, are faster without the TC and you don't need it. With practice you will accelerate harder out of every corner with proper throttle modulation than you will relying on the TC.

18. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Did some quick test at Speilberg National with the holy trinity. I did approx 5-6 laps to get a feel and then back to pits, out lap and 1 or 2 hotlap.

Old track surface, 18 degrees air temp. 30L of fuel and hypercar Road tyres. Stock setup.

Porsche 918: 55.572
    LaFerrari 55.661
    McLaren P1 54.683

The Porsche is so weird at first but when you start realizing that it does many things for you if you just let it do them, its pretty fun to drive IMO. The Laferrari, well, understeer everywhere, but amazing on the brakes. The P1 is simply a killer, especially at this track with its DRS... But it just goes where you want quicker, so much turn in in comparison to the others.

A server with these cars and alternating tracks would be awesome!

Thanks Kunos for bringing this to AC :)

19. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I think another consideration is the fact that we can do endless laps, and infinite restarts, to find that perfect "maximum" of each car. Not nearly as accessible IRL. Heck, sometimes an altitude change is enough to give you a different impression of a car versus another. Would the Ferrari require more rich oxygen to have that power, and thus lose more power than the others on high altitudes? or the other way around? I'd imagine Nords would have this effect, even if only 1%. but at these speeds, it's enough.

20. P*Funk

P*Funk Racer

Yes, I've gone back and driven these cars properly for the first time in ages and realized how full of **** I was.

Its definitely better without TC. Even mid corner you can feel the TC messing with your ability to maintain a line, never mind powering out of slow corners.

Mea culpa.