1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Laguna Seca corkscrew +car grip!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by iwanchek, Feb 18, 2018.

1. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Did y’all figure out how to go through the corks properly and fast??

Drove today GT3 Lambo Huracan, (only this car was available), give it a few tries and my conclusion is:
    • car slips all over the place, (for me not) driveable at all! Didn’t try other cars my race endet usually in T1 therefore quit rage was done ASAP!
    I gave the car full - angle on the suspension and still car slides...
    • the corks is gamble section. What I notice is the wheel rotation, if you give it too much you’ll spin if you enter the first left hander with one angle the turn leads you by itself, it’s like you’re glued to the track that moment (?!). Really annoying and unpredictable!

Tbh I don’t know in what direction this game will go I feel we’re standing still not moving forward at all.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Resuming saved race at Laguna Seca - Cut Course Penalty Feb 1, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC 1.8 | Laguna Seca | HotLap | Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo - 1:21.990 Mar 10, 2022
    ACC Physics AMG GT4 issue on Laguna Seca. Dec 3, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting 1.7.11 Crash during Multiplayer race at Laguna Seca [FAWForceFeedbackDrv64.dll crash] Jun 29, 2021
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room [ACC][PC][GT3] ACRL 6 Hours of Laguna Seca| 24th July Jun 17, 2021
    ACC Physics Laguna Seca Curb Of Death Mar 21, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer laguna_seca_2019 don't work on server Nov 20, 2020
    ACC Physics Porsche 991.2 no WET setup for Laguna Seca Oct 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Laguna Seca Setup Bentley Oct 18, 2020
    Physics Bugs & Issues Laguna Seca - sandbox like soap Oct 11, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Laguna Seca Track Limit Exit Turn 6 Sep 14, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PSR Assetto Corsa Cup - Sunday 31st May - Laguna Seca - Mazda MX-5 Cup May 20, 2020
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars [1.3.5] Laguna Seca - Corkscrew Feb 15, 2020
    XBox One Discussions Mazda Miata NA basic set up for Laguna Seca -xbox one Jun 15, 2019
    Chit Chat Room NOW LIVE Laguna Seca - California 8 Hours - Intercontinental GT Challenge Oct 28, 2018

3. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

And what do you think about the Lamborgini Huracan performante ?

4. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Didn’t drive it tbh mate. I rage quit the race after I got rekt so hard that I flew out of the States!

I think the car have more HP then can handle it. Lambos are understeer monsters therefore I think the Performante is not an exception!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

I actually find AC corkscrew somewhat on grippy side in comparison to some other games from distant past;) The key here is ealry braking I guess.. once you got past the top of hill that's when you need to either slam on brakes or smoothly applying it, depending on car's speed and its handling. You can't brake too late though otherwise you'll end up either with bad racing line or in sand. I only tested stradale and guilia so far.

6. DUNKY- DOPEUS

DUNKY- DOPEUS Simracer

this gentlemen is the difference between a sim and other racing games :D

7. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Did you miss out on an interpunction here?
    ;)

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  8. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Must be the console version, nothing wrong with the corkscrew on pc.

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  9. Orne

Orne Alien

It doesn't feel that different from the other GT3 cars. You certainly need to exercise some right foot discipline on the corner exit, little too much throttle and it's in the spin cycle you go!! HAHAHA

As far as the corkscrew, you're probably approaching it at too high a speed, I usually coast in then line up the front of the car with the orange flag on the tree directly ahead then gradually apply throttle. Of course this is all after at least a lap in order for the tyres to warm up.

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

You probably over shooting the turn.
    Try the challenge with the Pagani at Laguna.
    You need to take gold.
    This challenge is a really nice way to discover if you are doing this right or wrong. Especially corkscrew.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Scuderia Paul and iwanchek like this.
  11. olevet

olevet Hardcore Simmer

Sadly, there are no challenges on consoles involving dlc3 cars nor laguna track yet

Scuderia Paul likes this.
  12. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

I’m braking early BUT the turn in point is wired. When you go in the corner with one angle (like no more turning angle on the wheel then it’s like”fine”) then you can have spoons entry but if you turn in the first left hander with one steering angle then ad more of it then you’ll spin immediately with 40/50kmh speed!! As I sad I didn’t test the track/car combo that they as I usually do but I had like 15min Qualy and then one lap race for me and that’s it.

It’s really strange tbh!

13. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

No overshooting at all mate. It’s just weird on the steering angle. When you enter the corner with one steering angle ist ok (somehow) but when you add more angle then car spins immediately!

14. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I'm surprised by how many people I've seen having trouble. I was expecting the same when I tried it but haven't messed up once. I just aim for the tree with the ribbon and i'm through safely.

15. liakjim

liakjim Alien

A video replay would definitely help

16. iwanchek

iwanchek Simracer

Ill do it soon no problem at all.

17. liakjim

liakjim Alien

No problem.
    Try to beat the 1.24 .

18. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

this laptime is for the new Pagani Huayra BC am I correct ?

19. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yes.

svenvangent likes this.
  20. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Is this the sharp right hander of the corkscrew? Keep in mind that this part descends very abruptly and it makes the rear end very light, therefore it's very prone to oversteer at that point.

Personally I haven't noticed any behaviour through the corkscrew that struck me as wrong.

olevet likes this.
  21. Luke7

Luke7 Simracer

Edit: I meant sharp left hander of the corkscrew at the top of the hill.