1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo vs GT3

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ALB123, Jan 24, 2016.

1. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

So, we've had both cars for a fair amount of time now. I would imagine those who like to drive such cars have put a few miles on the odometers of each and I'd love to hear thoughts and opinions comparing the two cars. Personally, I've probably spent 90% of my Assetto Corsa time in the street cars. I still consider myself quite a newbie trying to remove a lot of bad habits I picked up playing Gran Turismo 6, my only other experience with a computerized racing game. Still, I am a BIG fan of Lamborghini and I love the fact that we have both cars in AC. I intend to start spending more time in GT series race cars as I'm starting to get a little bit more confident and consistent behind the wheel.

So...Back to the Lamborghinis! What have you noticed is different between the two cars? I believe the Super Trofeo is approximately 40kg heavier than the GT3, but it also produces 60+hp. There must be some differences in aerodynamics, so I would expect cornering speeds to be different between the two cars.

When I drive the two cars, lap times are close...but again, I'm not a very good driver with race cars. I do not push them the way I see them get pushed by very skilled Assetto Corsa drivers (via YouTube videos)...So, what's the early verdict on these two cars, comparatively speaking?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan GT3 evo2 Fuel usage May 12, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Modelmistakes on Lamborghini Huracan Evo 2 GT3 Apr 26, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Auxiliary Lights - Lamborghini Huracan Evo2 GT3 BUG Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan Aggressive Preset Nürburgring Mar 24, 2021
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan ST reports +14 on brake bias to shared memory Mar 18, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Evo LOD Bug Dec 23, 2020
    Screens & Videos RSS Lamborghini huracan GT3 EVO - OUT! Nov 22, 2020
    ACC User Interface Lamborghini Huracan floating dash display Jun 30, 2020
    ACC Physics v1.3.10 Lamborghini Huracan ST tyre temps Apr 16, 2020
    ACC Physics Lamborghini Huracan ST's BoP Mar 28, 2020
    ACC Physics Problem with physics on rain lamborghini huracan Nov 2, 2019
    ACC General Discussions I'm looking for the #43 Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO in Update 1.1 Oct 24, 2019
    ACC Physics 1.0.2 update Force feedback (ffb) Lamborghini Huracán GT3 feels weird? Jun 9, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Lamborghini Huracan ST indicators Jun 7, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Lamborghini Huracan GT3 #77 Barwell Motorsport (Spa only livery) Apr 6, 2019

3. Matty28

Matty28 Simracer

Well I find the Super Trofeo is very prone to lift off oversteer coming into a corner or mid-corner whereas the GT3 is much more stable and the Super Trofeo. Basically the GT3 just feels a bit slower in a straight line and a bit faster and more stable through the corners. I am always more consistent with the GT3 but lap times can vary depending on the emphasis on straights or corners and the types of corners.

Seria17hri11er and mESCx like this.
  4. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

Currently there's a Kunos ST-only server at Mugello. It was the first track I've tried the ST on, and found that mid-corner lift off oversteer when doing trajectory corrections in the Arrabbiatas (T8/9) very unexpected when compared to the more planted GT3 variant.

Btw, does the ST use exact same GT3 tires?

5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

We raced the ST at Poznan on ALOOG 1 some time ago. After the first race everyone switched to medium tyres since the softs were brutal in terms of lift-off oversteer (bugged, broken???).

On mediums it's fine, really. I suggest subtle changes to deccel diff (a bit more), rear damper rebound (a bit softer) and front damper bump (a bit harder). It works fine then.

Seria17hri11er, AlleyViper and ALB123 like this.
  6. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I'll give your suggestions a try @LeDude83... I am terrified by the lift-off oversteer of the Super Trofeo. When I created this thread I was running laps at Spa-Francorchamps with both of the cars. The GT3 gives you a confidence to keep pushing whereas the Super Trofeo teases you with that power, but demands a lot more attention if you decide to push hard. They're both great fun to drive.

7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

If you put on the mediums you'll be fine. The ST is a straight-line performer, not a cornering hero. Still, it needs the turning to be done on entry - exactly where it's dangerous.

As you drive along you might want to do a test run on the soft rear tyres: some GT3 suffer from the phenomenon of the rear core temp increasing all the time even on the straights when cruising. Maybe the ST softs have the same issue.

ALB123 likes this.
  8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I quite like the ST, it feels a lot more engaging to me than the gt3 cars.

AlleyViper, ALB123 and LeDude83 like this.
  9. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I also think the Super Trofeo feels more lively than the GT3. Again, I'm not able to really push these cars right to the limit - especially for multiple laps...over and over. Yet, I can easily tell the difference between the two cars in stock setup. That's another area that I need to develop - my tuning ability. I'm sure the cars would feel even better if I could set them up to respond better to my driving style.

Andy-R likes this.
  10. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Alien

I guess you nailed it with the softs, because my scares at Mugello's T8/9 happened when trying to setup/hotlap alone on softs. When I tried the ST later in a Brands server, it didn't seem so problematic with lift-off oversteer, but most of the time I was on mediums (and the softs qualify setup had way more rear aero vs. Mugello).

Also, I don't remember a temp "bug" on the ST. At that time in Brands I spent some time balancing hot pressures for my setup along with @simbicort (who previously reported that issue), and we didn't notice such problem.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    LeDude83 likes this.
  11. Aha! That's why it felt so terrible the other night when I was giving it a go! I wasn't sure if it was a bug or what. I didn't try the mediums, just softs. Off throttle oversteer was very bad.