1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Lap delta

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Oblit0r, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Hardcore Simmer

Whose laptime am I driving against the first flying lap? I know it's definitely not my own personal record, maybe it's the real-life laptime or something?

Also, would it be possible to implement some adjustability to the lap delta widget? For example, turning the delta off completely whilst keeping the timings widget on, switching the delta between overall personal record, session best and previous lap?
    Doing an endurance race that spreads over different stages of the day with the delta as it's currently implemented is quite distracting and frustrating, you simply can't run against your session best laptime the entire race.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Why doesn't the performance delta remember the best lap? Mar 8, 2019
    ACC User Interface Best lap delta in post-race timing screens no longer present Dec 11, 2018
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Delta widget utilises "invalid" laps times Oct 21, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues [built-in apps/performance delta] confused by btg lap counting on nos touris Mar 16, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Multilaps v1.1, display multiple lap times, performance delta and statistics [update 01.05.2016] Jan 26, 2015
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Race delta 0.1.5 - live lap timing and delta for race and qualification (mp parital support) May 17, 2014
    Suggestions lap delta times displayed on Fanatec wheels Nov 26, 2013
    ACC General Discussions Kunos deserves this, *Slow Clap* Today at 1:03 AM
    ACC User Interface Overlapping of texts Monday at 5:30 PM
    ACC Multiplayer Hot Laps Dedicated Server Monday at 5:13 PM
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #150 – W.H.C Number One hundred and fifty Oct 13, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #149 – Little and Large Oct 6, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Hungaroring Qualifying Lap - 1.42.8 Mercedes AMG Oct 3, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Messages overlap dashboard in VR Sep 30, 2019
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #148 – Hugo’s hot wheels Sep 29, 2019

3. To be honest, I think that other titles are much better regarding all the times/positions/deltas matter. Unluckily, this is a side that keeps being poor since Assetto Corsa. Race positions and gaps are always off, I guess it's because they are calculated taking into account the difference of speed between your car and the car of the other drivers, so it happens that, when they drive in a slower part of the track than you, you see an unreal gain on the gap to your advantage; then when you drive the slow part, you seem to loose ages on the gap. Add race positions being updated only at splits (not in realtime) which completely breaks the immersion. And the first lap deltas on top of the cake. Just confusion. I hope to see the whole timings sorted some day. To me it's simply un-professional, considering the target audience of ACC.

XettMan likes this.
  4. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Hardcore Simmer

Yeah, I agree. Gotta give them some credit tho because they've really improved on estimating the difference between players. I remember in EA it was a LOT worse than it is now, plus they've now given the option in the MFD to switch between real-time relative timings and relative timings based on when you cross a sector of the lap. Although the latter doesn't work properly when there's a difference of more than 1 sector (when you're in sector one and the guy in front is in sector 3 for example). Then it just doesn't display a difference in time at all.
    But yeah, it's not perfect at the moment, but it's not really bad either, imo. Would be nice to see more improvements in this regard in due time.

5. ignission

ignission Racer

I'd be interested to know this too. After the first corner at Silverstone on my first flying lap I'm always nearly 2 seconds down :eek:

romandevision likes this.