1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Lap time based AI

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Sheptek, Feb 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheptek

Sheptek Rookie

What do you think about lap time based AI, is this possible or plausible?

If we had AI based on our own lap time this would mean closer racing for each individual track. You could have the front of the packs pace based on your best times with the rest based on incremental steps down from your best. This would mean you’d have to be at your best to win, also a difficulty setting could be used to increase their pace a percent at a time higher than your best to make things more difficult but they would also improve as you do.

I find that with the current setup I find it difficult to find a good setting for each track and some races I can end up in the middle by myself unable to catch the front runners but leaving the rest behind.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Suggestions Progressive dirt layer based on laps completed? Dec 21, 2016
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 191 - 70th Anniversary Formula 1 Grand Prix Challenge and dusk, in the land Today at 7:07 PM
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 190 –Scorpion stings Bull and seeing stars in California Aug 1, 2020
    ACC Physics Lap times post v1.5.1/.2 Jul 30, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 189 – Lack of slack and a wet session with "The Old Lady" down the Hatch Jul 25, 2020
    ACC User Interface Real record laptimes wrong in the menu Jul 24, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Results.json first lap time and total time messed up Jul 22, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Personal Best Laptime not saving/shown on any track Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Problem with a laptime / stats Jul 21, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 188 - A Sideways Superfast and a Spin in South Africa Jul 18, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards [v1.5.0] Wrong lap time in drivers profile Jul 17, 2020
    ACC PS4 - XB1 General Discussions Lap Time Leaderboards Jul 15, 2020
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Lap time stats not recorded for GT4 cars Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions One track, nine cars, nine different rims : A lap around Zandvoort Jul 15, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Incorrest first lap time in leaderboard dump Jul 15, 2020

3. romandevision

romandevision Simracer

It's already in the RRE and it works well. But I think it'll take too long.
    And as I see it, ACC is developing MP more.

4. Rogue Leader

Rogue Leader Racer

Sorry but I don't really like this idea, its precipitously close to rubber banding which is downright annoying in other games once you realize thats whats happening.

As this game goes for being as pure a sim as possible, the reality is IRL winning every race is damn near impossible, and sometimes you end up mid pack and can't get ahead despite dropping some opponents. And I say this as someone who comes in DFL more often than not.

Dewald Nel and GCCRacer like this.
  5. trasgu

trasgu Simracer

Grand prix legends had that. And it was the most frustrating thing ever, no matter how consistent or fast you were, the IA always won. The only way to win the IA was to start very very slow and lap after lap increase slightly your pace, the last lap of the race should had been your fastest lap, that doing things that way ensured that the IA always was gonna be a bit slower than you.

kunos and Rogue Leader like this.
  6. David Marx

David Marx Rookie

I do this, but within the existing system. Just do a 20 min quick race at your track of choice at XX AI level. At the completion of the race, check the winner's best lap and compare to yours - adjust accordingly. I'm more interested in sorting out the AI's pitting behavior. They seem to pit with 3-4 lap's worth of time left in their stint. If you don't pit with them, then you lose the close racing as the leaders get spaced out halfway around the track from you......

7. Sheptek

Sheptek Rookie

Interesting thoughts, ultimately I was just after closer racing as personally I would find this more enjoyable. Sometimes being an accurate simulation doesn’t translate to a fun race when there’s no one near you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.