1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Lap times for a newbie?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by transition32, Jun 7, 2014.

1. transition32

transition32 Rookie

Hey guys! Long time reader, first time poster. I bought a PC for this game, and just got my wheel today, and it has been awesome! Excited to get into the community.

My question is: how decent a low 1:37 in the Formula Abarth on Vallelunga? Do I suck and should I stop racing and sell my PC already? haha.

Great job on the game Kunos, beats anything that I've ever played from Turn 10 and Codemasters.

Shrubbo likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Console VS PC - lap times Dec 16, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times and SA assistance please Jul 11, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards lap times RESET Mar 8, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions lap times 1.8 Oct 6, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting How (un)precise is the delta... And the laptimes ? Mar 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times not working? Mar 17, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Lap times.. Mar 8, 2022
    ACC Physics AI Laptimes Jan 30, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer race in wet, strange laptimes Dec 17, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Driver overtake people while being slower and doing slower laptimes Dec 13, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Compare/Lap times with friends/players? Dec 9, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Lap Times Not Deleting? Nov 30, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Incorrect First Lap S1 Times Aug 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions 3 Week Test: Are All CDA Hot Lap Times Achievable on XSX? Jul 20, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions SPA Lap Times Jul 15, 2021

3. demonized

demonized Simracer

See for yourself

Shrubbo likes this.
  4. transition32

transition32 Rookie

Sweet, definitely spending time on RSR. Thanks for the help.

Also... got some practicing to do :)

5. iVG

iVG Alien

Get RSR, dude. Like ASAP. Not bad time I'd say for a guy who has just touched a wheel. You will get a lot better in time. Just stay calm behind the wheel and don't mess with setups. Only tyre change and fuel load is permitted haha. Setups will only confuse you. Work on your lines, watch hot laps in youtube and most importantly try to disable all assists you are currently using. At first they might help you stay on track but they won't make you better. First one that goes is the racing line (if you are using it), then the automatic gearbox then everything else in your own order. Spend time offline and practice before jumping in multiplayer. The GT3 cars are currently very popular online and quite easy to drive. They also have in-built ABS which helps. You can try putting some practice down with one of the GT3 cars and as soon as you reach something like +5 seconds off the WR with no assists you can try online. You'll be surprised how much faster you'll be than most.

As a last hint before you go racing online - find one of the multiplayer codes of racecraft in this forum and read it. Take notes. Things like 'don't be a jerk online' won't help you but some others will. Especially focus on holding your line and not go back on track if there are cars passing. You will be passed a lot online at first so make sure you don't bump the guy who is passing, never ever try to squeeze him out on the grass or just divebomb at turn 1. This helps no one.

Hope to see you soon online.

Shrubbo, Old Geezer, Queequeg and 3 others like this.
  6. transition32

transition32 Rookie

Wow, thanks for the tips. I have been using no assists since the beginning. I have seen how good racer's drive with other players (EmptyBox) and I am no where near the skill to drive that cleanly and that smart yet, but am excited to get there. The biggest thing I am struggling with is heel-toe down shifting, it's a challenge!

Also something I was wondering about, if I get damaged in practice or qualifying, does manually going to the pits repair things? I know if you go to the pits via the in-game menu it will.

Again, thanks for the post, looking forward to seeing you on the track!

7. iVG

iVG Alien

No problem, I help guys get comfortable with AC every time I can.
    I've played codemasters F1 as well and surely almost nothing applies to AC. Corners where you might have found easy before are hard to get right with the laser scanned surface and the complex suspension/tyre models of AC. Just take the Zonda R on Monza and try to floor it out of the first chicane. Oops, not gonna happen. It's so bumpy that the rear tyres actually start bouncing lifting the whole rear end in the air completely losing traction with the road. It's just an example of how different a straightforward looking track like Monza in other sims/games might be in AC. Every track/car has specific flavour which needs some getting used to.

Regarding damage I think going to pits does repair the damage. At least it does in hotlap mode. Not sure about MP.

transition32 likes this.
  8. pablex13

pablex13 Racer

damage doesnt work in MP yet.. except for a bug if you hit the wall too hard.. which is repearable by going to the pits

9. Aryko

Aryko Gamer

Mh , for me it worked on the nordschleife where i geared down by mistake and wrecked my engine .

transition32 likes this.
  10. pablex13

pablex13 Racer

hmm weird.. i have smashed pretty hard on nords in multiplayer and never had any type of damage except for the glitch...
    single player is another story

transition32 likes this.
  11. transition32

transition32 Rookie

Oh definitely! I am having to relearn all of these tracks again due to most lines and throttle/brake input just plain invalid in Assetto.

12. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

I love monza, in GT5 the two 90-ish degree corners after the chicanes in GT5 you could tap the break if at all and then make the car turn using the road itself, in AC you have to break fairly much comparatively to GT5, but at least the second turn is still as fun. :D Don't think I have ever floored it going out of the first chicane , never felt like a good idea. :D

I don't really blip myself on downshifts, don't need to on GT3 car as far as car control goes...

But yeah buddy as far as your not 10 seconds off the record you should be fine. Even 20 seconds just need some practice that's all...Depends on you background so to say...I started back when GT3 came out, got it with my PS2 I was what 11? I learned what racing line is and tied in somethings from gaming and such and voila, I have a weird *** racing line. :D

transition32 likes this.
  13. When coming to the world of advanced physics in sim racing, the real racing techniques come in to play.
    Learning things that you didnt necessarily need with games like Forza or Turismo, will make you not only more in control over you vehicle, but also faster.

I would start with the bible of racing:

After all this information has sunk in... then you only need to practice, practice, practice.

14. transition32

transition32 Rookie

Haha nice! Yeah, I have been trying to be at least 10 seconds from the WR on all the tracks and cars I'm using, and it's been going well.

Thanks for the help! Time to watch and practice :)