1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Lap times glitch

Discussion in 'PlayStation 4 Discussions' started by SevenDust19, Mar 8, 2019.

1. SevenDust19

SevenDust19 Rookie

So a few weeks ago I bought Assetto Corsa for the PS4. As I'm still a newbie to this game, I know it is not realistic to be the fastest on the planet. But there are some very strange things that I can't seem to figure out exactly.

• Example 1 at Monza: Whilst driving the Nissan GTR GT3 car in a Quick Race against Alien AI, when driving against other GTR's only I can just achieve laptimes of around 1:55:000. When I race with the exact same settings and setup but against other GT3 cars, I can easily drive a low 1:49. I really don't know what the issue can be here.

• Example 2 at Spa-Francorchamps: Driving a Quick Race against Alien AI once again with the GTR, I was the quickest on track by an absolute mile with a laptime of 2:26:400. I was thinking I did a good job as it's alien AI, but then I looked at the actual competitive lap times for the GTR around Spa and it's a 2:16-2:18. It has to be noted that I was really pushing the thing flat out and couldn't go any faster.

Now I know some of you might say I just have to improve my driving, but the thing is I know I'm a quick driver as I'm racing karts in real life and I'm fast on any game. I will never be one of the best simracers cause I don't practice enough for that but to be a whopping 10 seconds of the pace at Spa is unacceptable. I could live with a 2 or 3 seconds deficit but this drives me insane.

PS: I drove everything on an Optimum Grip track, clear weather, 26 degrees, low fuel (5 lap races), and SOFT slicks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Laptimes in wet conditions Mar 12, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Lap times to aim for? Feb 22, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Help improving lap times... Feb 10, 2019
    ACC User Interface Qualifying standings (HUD) sometimes updates with last laptime, not keeping best laptime Dec 16, 2018
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Request - Simple Sector/Lap Times Nov 25, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Online free practice lap timetables / (sector)times Paul RIcard Nov 21, 2018
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Don't record laptimes & don't load leaderboards Nov 21, 2018
    ACC Gameplay no laptimes recorded in sprint race weekend qualification Nov 20, 2018
    ACC User Interface Race position changing multiple times per lap, no passes made Oct 12, 2018
    ACC User Interface game doesn't save best lap times Oct 10, 2018
    ACC Troubleshooting Laptimes Sep 12, 2018
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes get lap times per car setup Sep 4, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Looking for target lap times Jul 20, 2018
    Console Lounge AI lap times - All Cars - Barcelona GP Mar 1, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Different lap times on hot lap vs career? Feb 10, 2018