1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Latest Nvidia drivers performance.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Johngrim64, Jul 11, 2019.

1. tjr

tjr Simracer

I'm getting the odd stutter too since updating.

2. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

There are 'open issues' with every nvidia driver, and one of them refers to 'adaptive sync' not working straight after a reboot it seems. Just in case anyone is using that and didn't notice. (see the driver's release notes)

Atak_Kat likes this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

That's fair enough. I guess if you do not have tech knowledge I can see how that would be help for some users :)

4. dek

dek Racer

No issues here. Only with NE.

5. fsuarez79

fsuarez79 Racer

Thanks for the heads up everyone. I won't be installing this driver then.

6. Atak_Kat

Atak_Kat Racer

Damn, thanks for that, wouldn't have checked.... But I use adaptive sync and I find it works much better than in-game vsync or frame limit. Will hold off on updating until checking further.

7. Jack_NL

Jack_NL Simracer

Seen this yesterday on guru of 3D
    made me chuckle but damn he is right I see here

8. vortex19

vortex19 Racer

I'm curios why many people seem to always want the latest graphics driver. Unless there's some particular driver fix that you want or need to correct a problem, the latest drivers rarely produce performance improvements (and more often introduce issues). Stick with a driver which works well for you - it's also another variable removed when trying to identify problems.

Fremen_78, Tim Meuris and menos | M6 like this.
  9. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

It's also helpful for me, and I have plenty of tech knowledge.
    Having tech knowledge doesn't mean doing things the most cumbersome way possible.

MTv likes this.
  10. luxxx797

luxxx797 Simracer

So i rolled back to 430.86 drivers and the GPU usage is back to normal (between 75% to 85%) and no stuttering.

Coanda likes this.
  11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

What is so cumbersome about downloading and running an installation file every once in a while? Each to their own however I'd rather not have that junk with it's extra services running in the background or application running on startup on my pc.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
    Jebus, LATE4APEX and vortex19 like this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I wonder if Kunos pass this info onto nVidia?

13. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Rookie

A bit of an update the driver role back made little difference after a few bad moments online with bad frame rate causing me to drive badly I was going to give up but I did a delete and full reinstall and bingo back to previous performance so for others struggling give it a try!

14. redadeg

redadeg Racer

How can you return to the old version?

15. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Rookie

In my previous post The delete and reinstall was the full game not the video driver . Only takes 30 mins give it a go if your performance has dropped. Iv gone from unplayable to 90fps average.

16. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

Fair point. Each to their own, as you say. :)

Coanda likes this.
  17. its.me

its.me Gamer

Do you lose all the ACC in game settings due to a reinstall?

18. redadeg

redadeg Racer

19. its.me

its.me Gamer

Thx. How exactly is the reinstall triggerd in Steam? Remove all local files and download again?