1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Nvidia drivers discussion

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Johngrim64, Jul 11, 2019.

1. kro

kro Simracer

I've herd a lot of mixed reviews for GFE , I have been using it for 2 years now with my 1080 and have had ZERO issues , I will say I do not let it optimize any games :eek: I do that myself , I use it for driver installs & screen shots & vids ,it also streams well …
    This was tough for me caz I'm old school and used to wipe everything when new drivers came out ectt. Thoes days are over gents .. that resulted in more probs for me anyway lol, now I'm just OLD so I don't care and have let it do its thing since I got the 1080 . I have great performance and have not had any serious gpx drama= zero .. :)
    "put's hard hat on":D

Xavier Eugeni, LeDude83 and EsxPaul like this.
  2. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

Coanda likes this.
  3. Captain Barracuda

Captain Barracuda Hardcore Simmer

sps_for_race and Max Doubt like this.
  4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

How did handle TAA blurriness?

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. Captain Barracuda

I recall at the time it didn't offer anything worth the performance hit, but apparently the sharpening is improved and performance hit halved in the new driver so I might take it for another spin. Alt+F3 in game will get you there, however you need GFE installed :eek:

Coanda likes this.
  6. Gopher04

Gopher04 Simracer

Why would you wanna use something that hits the fps to sharpen the image, when Reshade does it with no loss.

rolandhuijer likes this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Are any of those add-on filters actually better than ACC's native sharpening slider?

Coanda likes this.
  8. KillZoneGB

KillZoneGB Simracer

if you have sorted it, just ignore this...

Download DDUnistaller, pull the internet cable from the back of the pc.
    Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download https://www.wagnardsoft.com

Restart PC in safe mode, run DDU and uninstall all drivers (works for All teams, Red, Blue and green)

reboot, install the downloaded drivers.

Once installed, plug the internet cable back in, and enjoy...

If memory serves me right.

Anyhoo the latest drivers 436.02 with ultra-low latency setting.

is working very well, World Of Ships 120Fps all maxed out (2880X1440)

Lenovo Explorer in Elite Dangerous, My Edited Version of High VR.
    VR Render settings 2880X2880, Runs very smooth no judder or stuttering.

9. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

It works really well, using the detail and sharpen filters. It allows a lot of customisation and can reduce the blur significantly without any noticeable effect to the smoothness.

LeDude83 and Coanda like this.
  10. dek

dek Racer

I'm wondering if the Low latency settings affect VR because there is a separate setting for vr latency in the nv control panel.

Micii1 likes this.
  11. f.e.negroni

f.e.negroni Racer

I’ve also found a great improvement to stuttering using the Ultra latency setting. I put the FPS limiter at 91 in the game and play on a triple 1080p at 144hz with a 1070 OC

kro likes this.
  12. Captain Barracuda

May I ask why 91? Is there some relation between 91 and 144hz that results in smooth gameplay?

Fun fact - your post is also #91 in this thread :eek:

13. Frazz1er

Frazz1er Rookie

Maybe just a placebo effect (my eyes aren't what they used to be), but I just tried setting my Nvidia Control Panel AA settings to Enhanced AA at 8x and having switch in-game AA to KTAA Epic, things certainly seem to be less blurry in VR than before with just Temporal Epic. There's still a fair amount of shimmering when cornering but I can actually tolerate it now compared to using just in-game KTAA, which was a distracting mess of aliasing on cornering.

Anyone else want to try it out and report back their findings?.

Sorry for not posting in the VR thread, but apparently I'm not privileged enough to be let in the door!.

14. SimRacer925

SimRacer925 Simracer

Must be placebo, you can NOT override any AA settings in AA.

LeDude83 likes this.
  15. Frazz1er

Frazz1er Rookie

Yeah, I've just been switching back and forth and it must have been wishful thinking. I guess we are stuck with choosing between aliasing or blur or going back to AC, such a disappointment because I love the handling of ACC, but being a VR fanatic the blur and aliasing are kind of ruining it for me.

16. Margoulin1974

Margoulin1974 Rookie

Same, put fps limiter at 90

17. Hi Guys,

Did you update to the lastest 440.97 from Oct 22, 2019 or still using the 436.02 ?

I tried the last one but experienced some micro lag so came back to 436.02.

18. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

A new driver was released yesterday: 441.08.
    Amongst other things it adds support for Reshade.

esox71 likes this.
  19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Best of all is it’s now possible to use Gsync (vsync on in drivers cp) with ultra low latency.
    The difference is really noticeable.

After_Midnight and Whitestar like this.
  20. f_deutsch

f_deutsch Hardcore Simmer

New drivers 441.08 come up with an Image Sharpening option on the nvidia control panel configurable globally or by app. I tested on ACC and work pretty good with almost no fps hit at all.
    This is total different from the Freestyle filters that can be applied via GeForce Experience, so no GFE is required.

Coanda and After_Midnight like this.