1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Le Mans 24hrs Livestream

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Nick Moxley, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room 24Hrs of LeMans behind the scenes vid Jun 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room A.C. needs a Le Mans 24hrs dreampack. Jul 4, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 2014 24hrs of lemans- no eurosport. Jul 23, 2014
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4hrs of Le Mans! LMP1 + GT3 multiclass. Sat June 3rd - 8PM EST May 23, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room busco servidores donde correr con coches tipo lemans, wec.. Apr 23, 2023
    Screens & Videos Le Mans 24 1971 Jan 27, 2023
    Online Leagues / Championships room VSR 24h of Le Mans - LMP2 (URD), GTE (URD) with Driver Swaps Mar 30, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4h Le Mans Jun 8, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC-PC] Virtual Le Mans Classic 2021 May 25, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Michael Fassbender: Road to Le Mans – Episode 1 Hockenheimring Feb 2, 2021
    Online Leagues / Championships room 2.4hrs of 1967 LeMans - 30th July 2020 Jul 19, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [ Assetto Corsa] Special Event-Virtual Le Mans Classic 2020 Jun 15, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room 12 h of Le Mans - LMP1, GTE (URD) with Driver swaps May 24, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Raced Lemans on Season mode. I was new on the track but opponents pit so bad I won anyway Mar 9, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [Special Event]Le Mans'66 -The Great Challenge Oct 29, 2019

3. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I payed for the official FIAWEC streams and they don't load... Luckily there's the bro's helping us out over on Youtube. Others got the official one to work?

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

https://twitter.com/FIAWEC/status/875091993378119680

mister dog likes this.
  5. McGraw

McGraw Racer

Watching on Eurosport HD...absolutely incredible how good the lights are and general lighting ambience.

When the time comes, I think night racing in future AC will need some beefy GPU acceleration.

mister dog likes this.
  6. mister dog

mister dog Alien

I really hope Toyota nails it this year.

detoit and bgil66 like this.
  7. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

In commentary they were discussing this along with new lmp1 customer cars next year. At least if Porsche pulls out Toyota may finally get the win but they may need to bring 20 cars to ensure one finishes ahead of lmp2. :D

mister dog likes this.
  9. donShere

donShere Hardcore Simmer

Kamui Kobayashi just did a 14.7 in the TS050. That's 5 seconds faster than the Porsche last year. Porsche also improved by 2.5 secs compared to last year. All lower categories broke laptime records. According to the Eurosport commentator these large laptime improvements has to do with an improved track. Does anyone know what exactly changed?

10. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

The Bugatti Circuit was resurfaced this year.

But that doesn't explain 5s. Maybe 1s or 1.5s since it's just a small part.

mister dog and donShere like this.
  11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

One thing I don't get is why they are coasting so much at the end of the straight. In the race sure, but in quali?

12. mister dog

mister dog Alien

5 seconds seems way too much for a fresh layer of asphalt, it's only the part around the Dunlop chicane. Were there other changes maybe like with the tyres or some of the gizmo's? I haven't followed WEC this year up until now.

13. MarcM

MarcM Simracer

On another note: does anybody else have trouble getting the stream on the WEC site to go fullscreen? Been trying all evening but no luck.

14. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

About the time improvements, wasn't the pace 2015 so high that the 2016 cars were slowed down?! (less downforce)

Maybe the 2017 cars either are faster because the cars are allowed to have more downforce again or they are just better adapted than 2016?

I don't follow WEC that closely, so I might be wrong here.

Edit:
    Pole 2016: 3:19,733
    Pole 2015: 3:16,887

So Kobayashi was 2,1s faster than 2015, seems 2016 was rather slow.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
  15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

From what I've read the intention was to make the 2017 cars slower, so there were some restrictions on the diffuser etc.
    However, they are gaining at F1 levels now, so 1-2 s within a year on a single track is possible and since Le Mans is a very long track that adds up to 5-10s easily.
    They gained a lot in every area, engine efficiency, aero efficiency, downforce etc.
    Toyota is also speculated to have a (virtual?) double-stage/double-level diffuser at the rear (a bit like the concept on F1 cars in 2009).

mister dog likes this.
  16. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I've edited my previous post, 2016 wasn't that quick, the gain compared to 2015 isn't that big as 2016 vs. 2017 might imply.

17. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i took "improved track" to mean improved track conditions; i think they reported mike conway as saying it was the fastest track he'd ever seen at le mans.

but yeah compared to 2016 i think its just engineering at work similar to you see in F1. plus toyota had to be on a mission like no other after last year.

mister dog likes this.
  18. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

19. yusupov

yusupov Alien

i dont think thats entirely accurate; Q2 & Q3 were. the pole times were set on a dry track, as were the fastest laps. 2016 LMP1s were without doubt slower than 2015

20. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Maybe we're looking at different documents, I looked it up again to be sure before posting anything and posted the link to their timing. Q1-3 practice, classification - wet for all three. If certain laps were in the dry is not something I can tell without looking at recorded footage.

And I didn't say they aren't slower, just that qualifying times set in wet conditions can't be compared to the 2015 times.

I've posted this elsewhere before, relevant here I guess:

21. yusupov

yusupov Alien

they were definitely dry times. recall in 2016 the ford GT did a 3:51. you can compare the Q2 & 3 as well as fastest laps of the race, no one ever went faster than pole (in LMP1 anyway; i think the ford could do a 3:51 or better any time it wanted last year...).