1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing - attempt #2

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by slopps, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

No, it's the whole picture thats shifted. There is a vertical strip of ~30 Pixels on the right edge of my left monitor that belongs on the center one, and the same on the left side of the center monitor from the right monitor. It's an issue with multi-projection and probably the custom resolution in combination with bezel correction, I just need to invest some time to play around with the settings and values :)

2. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Ah, ok, disregard my suggestion then. :)

3. Iracing gt3 cars are doing 1.49-1.50s on the same ACC layout, ain't that way too fast?

4. Morning and Late Afternoon grip is broken, far too grippy. Tyre model is too heat sensitive.

5. magzire

magzire Alien

Damn look how clear that dash is lol. I actually like iracing gfx, most photorealistic for me

6. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

So having been gifted an iRacing memebership as an early Christmas present I'm looking to use it and start racing more or less regularily the next season, which brings a few questions to mind that I hope somebody here could help me find an answer to.

I'm currently holding a C-class licence. Do I still gain/loose iRating and SR if I race D-class events? If so, is there a penalty to the numbers?
    If I understand correctly, only official races in my current class count towards gaining access to the next licence tier?

The most important question I'm struggeling with is what to race. I'll be going with the strategy @BrandonW77 follows, to no overspend. Now my question is, what would be a worthwile series to race in, regarding number of races an participation. I had a look at iracer.info, but I'm not sure about what the numbers mean exactly. For example the V8 Supercars always has around 100 racers per race, is that enough to fill a roster?

I'm in Europe if that's relevant, and I only do road racing. If you have any recommendations with what to start, I'd like to hear them :)

7. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Depends if you like tintops or openwheelers?
    If tintops: race in GT3 or IMSA. Most participants here. V8 never goes official here in EU.

Openwheeler fan: go race in the new F3 series (starting in the next season mid december) or even the FR 3.5 series (will be a handful to handle).
    There also still might be the FR 2.0 series or even the Star Mazda, depends if Iracing keeps them official.

And yet there are fun series like Spec Racer Ford or Skip Barber: plenty of participants and good close racing. The MX5 is also a nice little car.

Regarding your license: you’ll lose Irating also in lower class series, yes. Points for higher classes can just be collected in the highest class you’re racing atm.

Gevatter likes this.
  8. slopps

slopps Simracer

Seriously ?? Could your post be any less relevant to the thread ? Why on earth are you not posting this in....the iracing forum.
    Also the answers to all your questions can be found in the iracing guides on their website. So don't be lazy and make an effort to read it first.

9. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

In the German language there is the very amusing word "Wortspende". Translated directly it means "word donation".
    You call something somebody says a "Wortspende" if it is not contributing anything and generally is a useless waste of air.

So, thank you for your Wortspende, @slopps :)

mms and Jebus like this.
  10. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

Seriously ? your the kind of person that would see someone seriously hurt and walk past ..... if you cant be helpful , don't say Nothing!!!!!!!

11. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

This looks really good

exited22 likes this.
  12. St3fan

St3fan Alien

Just reactivated my account and spent the past few days focusing on iRacing. The sheer number of people to play with is really great, and that I can keep playing the same car/track combo to improve my driving fits my needs better than SRS at the moment.

Followed the official guide to tweak my G27, but still couldn't feel the road well - although I like the feeling of the tires. The Miata still feels a little bit bland, but better than what I remembered. I like it now.

Racing has been a bit all over the place for me from rookie to D. Sometimes the race was intense and clean, sometimes I wondered wtf was going on.

What amazes me is how good the game runs and looks in VR. The graphics in my rift rivals AC in many cases and game runs at a very steady 90 fps. Driving on the bank feels great. Although there are some small details that are not so good, such as the unmodeled flat fire extinguisher in the car. Also I feel the "real mirror" feels really awkward for some reason. It just doesn't feel right to me (compared to LFS).

I think I'll spend this long winter mostly with iRacing and wait for new ACC builds every now and then.

13. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

iRacing really has the most complete and in depth platform at the moment. The races at Rookie and D are a mess, but that's because there are a lot of people learning how to properly drive/race instead of playing Forza and dive bombing their way through a field. Once you get in C or B, it tends to get better. Not always perfect, but better.

Track/car selection is fantastic.

VR experience is second to none right now in terms of optimization and the clarity is fantastic.

The only major weakspot they have right now is the FFB. On direct drive wheels, its quite good if not fantastic. Using lower end wheels like a G27 or a T500...not so much. irFFB can help as a secondary app to improve the update rate of the FFB, but they need to focus on that as the next major upgrade in my opinion.

14. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Simracer

Bought iracing 2 months ago, spent over 250 Pounds between subscription and content.
    Mind you, best online experience ever BECAUSE you spent that money and you don t want to lose irating/safety rating.

15. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Imagine the significance when one has a thousand+ (and counting) invested (not to mention - hardware). It really does increase how vested the player is, not only in monetary terms but, in reputation and dedication. It really is Simulation on another level but, one I can only dabble in occasionally. :( . . . :p:)

16. jim jones

jim jones Simracer

I ended my iracing sub 2013 once AC early access started hoping of an online rating system. I've realised it will be a while before any sim will have an online service like iracing.
    Re-joined again and i agree the VR experience is the best if you have a low spec PC like me, most times am getting 90fps .

The big issue i find is am not confident with the braking like AC and cant seem to get my wheel to into a corner like AC on the same tracks. Even road cars in AC are easier for me to handle than race cars in iracing. Thinking do i have to give myself time to get used to iracing or is it my wheel because have no issues with RF2/AC/ACC /Pcars2 or AMS

17. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

The cost is very high for this sim, but once you have some content the annual fee is around $70/yr (black friday specials). You also get up to $10 per season (12 weeks) back in credit if you race 8/12 weeks. That means its costing you $40/yr to keep racing. Not terrible for the level of this sim.

Now, paying $15 and $10/car....ugh....not a big fan of that.

18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Right, that's fine if you have lots of time to dedicate to only playing iRacing; it ends up being a better value that way. For those that don't have the time, it's becomes a more expensive form of Sim-racing.

I still like to check out what's new in iRacing once in a while so I may sub for 1-3 months a year on average. I enjoy driving in it but, my schedule doesn't allow for enough practice and race-sessions; it's just more frustrating than anything. Besides, I'd miss the variety I get from playing other titles. The iRacing forums are a wealth of information regarding hardware though.

19. chakko

chakko Alien

It's official now: iR is the sim where everything works the other way around:

20. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

That does not look right. Must be the minty rims :D