1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bud01, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

Biggest problem here. You are comparing racing sim vs racing sim. Try the proper way and compare real life on track vs racing sim. Then you may come to the conclusion like I have that Assetto Corsa feels more realistic than iRacing.

2. Arch

Arch Alien

So tell me, how many times have you driven a Ruf at Spa in real life?

3. norbs

norbs Alien

One small detail that seems to have been overlooked. Price!

Good or not, the value for money in iRacing is just not there. I would rather put that cash into hardware to race AC.

DLC for AC is what, a month or 2 of subscription costs for iRacing. And then you have to buy any content you want to race with! Nope.

4. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Crashin in Iracing makes it more real? I cant say crashing is a thing I make a habbit of in real cars, it has happened a couple times but still never on a track with quite a few kilometers on them. Only one was a brain berp on my part the other someone else fell asleep at the wheel and hit me.

Sure Ive made mistakes but if they end in a crash it either means I properly stuffed up or someone else did and that I dont have proper control of the car.

Have you understood what ctrl + t does in AC or driven the Ruf in ac without TC. I dont have much trouble with it but have had them in servers and see many struggle quite a bit. Still this doesnt make anything more real just shows lack of ability or overdriving and lack of control which in a sim is still much easier to do then on a real track. Also if youbkeep crashing in a sim and can drive proper cars without issues then it says something about the sim giving you less control and wtf moments causing you to go off.

Mosty not many will overdive to stupid levels in reality due to damage and possible injury that isnt fixed instantly with the escape key. But in a good sim a good driver should have no issues avoiding crashing so your key point is a big negative I think. That is unless you cant drive for chit in real cars in which case please stay off real roads as there are enough crappy drivers out there already no need for more.

I havent drive IR in a while but from what I heard its getting better but I really didnt like it back when I did try it. Nearly all sims are stepping up which is a good thing and we have choices. I cant say one craps over the other but clearly I have ones I prefer and these may be different to you. We all have our opinions and I understand mine is just mine and no more valid then anyone elses.

Your post here seems to me that you changed you view and now its the only valid one. You seem to think you need to come here to tell everyone this and basically write a non conscructive flame bait post for whatever reasons. If you love 1 title so much go to their forums and let them all know or give valid reasons for a reasonable discussion here posting your views without basically being a guest at someone elses place and just taking a big smelly dump at the front door on your way out.

5. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I have not run iRacing in quite a while, and I'm sure it has changed a lot. However there is one point I can bring (aside from being too damn poor to subscribe):

In most racing simulators, you have a value set for FFB profiles. Some can be changed, and some governed by the car itself (self aligning torque, suspension geometry, yada yada) ISI based engines can be changed drastically through ini tweaks and other settings, until you reach a perfect median for that specific car. Then there's global values which overall force a general feeling through the wheel, in order to keep some consistency.

AC differs in this massively (to me) where each and every car, without the knowledge of what game you're playing, feels like a completely different game. Going from an E30 BMW to a Skyline, the feeling through the wheel is completely different.
    Granted, and keep this in mind, any FWD on PC simulators will easily feel totally different from a RWD one. However, when it comes down to it, the overall FFB differences only differ in obvious major changes to multiple vehicles. The self aligning torque, the amount of FFB "deadzone", the quickness of feeling sudden vague feedback from understeer, for the most part, feels the same for most sims across the board (I'm talking about 1 game with 50 cars having a general similarity to the each other)

This to me is where AC shines the most, and I find the most realistic, because every time you step into a car you've never driven before IRL, it's mostly going to feel completely new and even alien. (even more so if you go back 10 years at least, before ultra mega powersteering extra assisted numb feeling cars were born)

In example, I can only think of rF2 in this sense. A sim that has arguably incredible FFB across the board. Sure, you'll feel a clear difference in FFB from a FWD to a formula 2, but similar cars (Megane trophy vs nissan GTR GT1) have virtually no difference, even though the suspension is fairly different. rF2's FFB is great, but as an overall sense of the word. Personally, there's no car in rF2 that I can say feels particularly akin to me as far as feeling goes, because of this. Feels good, but that's not saying much when everything fits the same overall profile of FFB (one can argue that you can tweak this massively, which is true, but you won't get an out of the box variety of feeling through FFB) I find this to be the same with iRacing (when I still had it at least...)

This is why I like AC the most as far as realism, because even if you understand cornering ability, general physics, slow-in fast-out, etc, it's still a huge learning experience everytime KUNOS releases a new car. The Supra and Skyline back to back make a wonderful example of this. Or Cobra and LaFerrari, or Yellowbird and F40. Each feels like it could have come from a totally different physics engine. THAT is what real life feels like for the most part.

IRL, when you first step into a manual Civic (that's not modded or broken), you noticed the catch point of the clutch is very high on the pedal travel. Then you jump into a 5 sp manual Dodge Dakota,the shift point is directly in the middle of the pedal, and have to reteach yourself how to shift and take off properly. Granted, this specific example is not valid in a racing sim YET, but the principal is still the same.

Salad Fingers, liakjim, er540 and 2 others like this.
  6. Such thread.

7. Zrymer

Zrymer Gamer

It all boils down to choose the right SIMULATION_VALUE value in the assetto_corsa.ini file. Choose the right one and you will get an iRacing (and thus real life, of course) like experience.

In this regard, a group of guys in the Internet made a deep study of AC and they said that their experimental results suggests that the numbers in the Fibonacci sequence are a good starting point for choosing SIMULATION_VALUE values. Moreover, they went further and also stated a more strong mathematical lemma:
    -There exists a number in the Fibonacci sequence that, if set as SIMULATION_VALUE, improves AC's physics to 0.969*RL, where RL is the real life physics.

The proof of this lemma remains an open problem and it's a particular hard one, since there's infinite numbers in the Fibonacci sequence. Besides, they don't give any details about how to get a good measurement for the RL value. However, they have strong confidence that this lemma will hold true, so might as well try out with these Fibonacci numbers. ;)

EDIT: All references can be found here:
    I think i went too far into the trolling, sorry.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
    Vel, Tibalotte, Fruitz23 and 18 others like this.
  8. Radiantm3

Radiantm3 Hardcore Simmer

I heard VR in sims are more real than real life.

9. bap

bap Gamer

Come over to a friend's house for dinner, then you tell them your wife cooks better than his wife in front of the whole family. How should the family feel?

Social skills... Could have gotten far better response than what you have now.., well at least there are still friendly family members entertaining you. Sorry can't help you as I've never driven a real car to it's limit.

Seria17hri11er and Ischemica like this.
  10. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

Apples are a much more realistic fruit than oranges. I just tasted an apple and couldn't believe how much more fruitier it was compared to an orange. I suggest all you guys taste an apple because they taste a lot more fruitier than oranges will ever be.

11. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Actually I used to think this way and exclusively ate only apples but with the latest orange patch the colour is now actually orange so its clearly the more realistic fruit. People should never touch another apple as they can be red, green, yellow and many other colour variations but they are never apple coloured so clearly are a fake and inferior fruit.

Anyone still eating Apples must have issues and any other sensible person with experiance can try both and see how much more real the orange is now compared to any apple. Sure I bought a few apples and enjoyed them at the time but after this latest orange cv1 patch all apples should be destroyed so we dont ever have to deal with them again.

Seria17hri11er, D1visor and er540 like this.
  12. LetsTestDrive

LetsTestDrive Simracer

[​IMG]

I just took the Cortland apple variety for a test again to look for what was going on. The taste is hyperrealisitc.

Oranges are quite far back in realism compared to this variety.

All I'm asking is for fellow apple fans to taste an orange and help me get an accurate comparison of apples vs oranges.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

That's what they mean with "Apple fanboy" :)

14. I disagree with the OP.
    iRacing is my main sim, because I like the competitive nature of the multiplayer.
    But in terms of graphics, sound and physics/tire model AC is way ahead, IMO.
    In iR I always have to fight the strange physics, in AC the car feels natural and believable.
    Unfortunately the racing aspect is where AC is lacking. But maybe that will improve with Sim Racing System.

15. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

I dont like the overheating tires with death wiggle physics problems. I usually test Iracing two times a year after bigger uppdates hoping for some improvements
    but that has not happend yet. For me Iracing has wery god physics upp to the limit but it is awfull beond the limit.

16. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Racer

You could also move to Gran Turismo...the best drivers got promoted to real life racers...;)

17. Rex

Rex Racer

I have hundreds of laps on Nords in AC. A few months ago I purchased Nords and a GT car in iRacing to see how it is. During the first lap in iRacing I started laughing and canceled my subcription. There's your answer.

Seria17hri11er and robertedell like this.
  18. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

I like'em both. Has been a while now since iR, so can't judge latest verison. AC, however is where I feel at home - a lot better control of the car with my setup. The physics is simply more enjoyable and I understand when I'm doing it wrong. Not so much in iR. I chew apples one day and oranges the other.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  19. Gunja

Gunja Alien

I came upon some posts in iR forum, from people that race IRL who say that cars are harder to drive and that they slide too much compared to their real life counterparts.
    I liked AC from my first try for opposite reason from yours. I liked that i didnt crash in the 1st corner and that the car behaved as i expected.
    Personally i get more enjoyment from AC than from iR. I rage quitted a few times in iR but i dont think i ever left AC session without a smile. It's all about what you feel is right when it comes to pretending to drive.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  20. marcocale

marcocale Hardcore Simmer

And worse, unless something changed lately, if you don't pay the subscription to race online you can't use what you "buyed" not even offline. That means is not buyed, but rent. :(