1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psit

Psit Alien

Aw come on he was kidding, i think.
    Germans are known for their lack of humor tho...

2. Vampire

Vampire Alien

Voted brake temp - I remember spending a LOT of time tweaking the brake dynamics and fade of the player and AI in rFactor, but once sorted and working it really made for some interesting race dynamics having to contend with fade. But I will be content when the 'controls feature' is done and I can say bye bye to AutoHotkey ;).

Nice update Kunos - really like the fact you are sticking with AC and continuing development, especially with some inclusion of the community. Wanted to like the Mustang....C7 coolerlol. AC is so far ahead of anything else it's crazy.

claudiopolez and Hoolz like this.
  3. myimac

myimac Alien

VR Support is my choice.

Assetto is amazing on triples but I want to try in VR. Also I think that Kunos can do VR right and show the sim community what good looks like

theSpeedRacerX likes this.
  4. Berry

Berry Alien

I agree, went with brake temps, important part, though it will make hotlapping roadcars a bit more annoying.
    By the way, why is there no Dacia Sandero option in the poll?

5. norbs

norbs Alien

I went with false starts and engine stalls, just to piss myself off when it comes in and I stall on the start line.

The ability to map TC and Abs to buttons in game would be nice. Please don't ban me oh great one.

6. I would try like that: which of these features may "unlock" or "make easier" the modification of others?
    I mean: if you have to unmount a car engine, while doing that you can make some smaller operations, only available with the engine unmounted.
    I would choose the feature that makes developer(s) unmount the engine, hoping that other related fixes will possibly follow.
    Not knowing the code structure I can't choose one, but for the poll I go with realistic race starts.

7. You shouldn't worry about that really.. it's very likely that all of these features will make into AC sooner or later, the poll is more a way to let all of us (devs and players) understand how different opinions can be from what we think.

8. unknwn

unknwn Alien

Brake temps are important from simulation point of view, however when I drive in rF2 or pCars I forget them despite the few first "waming up" laps ( I don't drive in endurance races). Either way it should be done earlier or later.
    Features like false starts could add a lot to the MP racing and it sounds like a simplier feature to implement as it doesn't require data research.

I think it's import it's more important to know how much time it takes to implement each of the feature before prioritizing them.

9. Vampire

Vampire Alien

With regard to starting - every friend I put in my rig goes to drive off and donk...nothing. So they try a few times and think my controls are broken, accelerator is bust, clutch doesn't work or w/e. No way to drive off normally. I have to tell them to just dump the clutch and nail it...it will work trust me lol

So yea nothing like normally starting off in a car - but TBH dumping the clutch and nailing it is exactly the way I would leave the pits regardless lol so no immersion problems here. For race starts it can be a bit tricky as no real clutch control - but then nothing else about starting a race in AC is normal. No drive to spot and stop, no initial gear selection with paddles, no real lights on side of track, 10% chance of making it though turn 1 without the AI spinning you/knocking you off track etc...so no biggie.

10. speeddrifter

speeddrifter Hardcore Simmer

Went for false starts/ engine stall, as that's what i'm missing in comparison to rFactor 1. I used to play that a lot, and now i really like AC, but that's the only thing i miss.
    The clutch behaviour in rF1 was pretty bad though, it would be great to have a more smooth clutch that allows you to pull away at 2k RPM in a street car.

When a driver starts more than 3 tenths of a second too early he should be disqualified. There should be a small tolerance to be really sure it's a false start. And a car should be allowed to move a wheel length before triggering the "false start", to avoid stalling or rolling on a sloped grid being counted as false start.

11. weird, I can start as smooth as I want.. just like in a car, it isn't easy and requires a little bit of practice to learn where the "bite point" of a particular car is but it's nothing more that a couple of attempts. I wonder if the fact that the car doesn't clearly stall and turn off makes this harder to understand.
    Starting race cars can be very tricky.. I hear young drivers stalling the Tatuus here in Vallelunga 4-5 times before getting off with spinning tyres.. it takes them quite a bit to be able to leave the pits smoothly.

It'll always be harder in a sim because of missing feedback on the pedal and of small accelerations..

12. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Brake temps all the way.

edit: Only because I heard you guys were working on it already or at least attempting to get more data from manufacturers. I think that's an important feature and can also understand that there isn't any point putting together a half arsed system so I am happy to wait till all the data is collected.

Is that correct and could you give us a hint or insight into why that sort of data is hard to collect please?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  13. The reason they change them every stop is so they don't experience brake fade though.

14. Thank god I never have to look at that avatar again.

15. I'll happily accept an apology via email and unban him.

EDIT: together with a promise to change attitude.. and... avatar :D

16. speedbee

speedbee Hardcore Simmer

I really like the idea of water/radiator/temperature interaction. Where things like collisions would kill your radiator, and cause your car to overheat... That'd be amazing. A heck of a lot of work tho, with the need to put radiators in all cars, and figure out what happens when engine overheats...

But hey, you listed it. So I voted for it. :D

Seria17hri11er, Eli, St3fan and 2 others like this.
  17. It feels very weird to me, and its every car. In AC, what seems to happen is if you pull off the clutch slowly as if you would IRL, it almost instantly 'bogs down', which I guess is where it'd 'stall' and you'd have to start the car again. I order for it not to bog down in AC, you need unrealistic amounts of throttle, typically not much more then 1000rpm will do IRL.

IRL, when you slowly slip the clutch, it won't stall immediately, it will begin to pull away slowly even with minimal throttle (sometimes 0 throttle). Of course if you are too abrupt with the clutch, it will of course stall.

As previously mentioned, with more exuberant starts, where plenty throttle is applied - it seems a lot better and is less immersion breaking.

With regards to race cars - I can't criticise anything, I've never driven one.

eclip2, Eli, St3fan and 4 others like this.
  18. Bacchulum

Bacchulum Gamer

Rain.
    Simply, rain.

(nKPro had it)

19. TBH I didn't really think about THAT (the damage part).. but it's an interesting take on the thing.

20. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

I woted for brake pressure adjustment. Allowing for all to adjust their braking to fit any hardware better.
    For me this is the most important becouse it involves the core in Assetto Corsa, namely the driving.

Epistolarius and nate like this.