1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. it's an interesting theory that needs some proof tho.. we'll try to gather more info from real drivers about it.

TBH.. right now, I don't buy it all, but I've been wrong so many times it's a mathematical certainty that I'll be wrong again :) eventually

2. Me thinking about hardcore mode...wish I had been around to experience it
    [​IMG]

tkaczorek69 likes this.
  3. Kalamede

Kalamede Racer

Before this (1.5) new update I would like to give a (easy to do?) idea it appeared on my mind after hearing the incredible changing car sounds when you are in and outside it

It would be so interesting to put a button in showroom to start engine and hear car sounds (not for throttle them) because its beautiful to hear them with that nice reverb while waching it closer or watching all car inside.
    1.5 is a wonderful work

4. The Red Comet

The Red Comet Rookie

So, even if VR wins you won't actually do anything with it. Okay...

5. let's wait to see it winning shall we?

6. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

I would love better sky and clouds. I wish you could see how blue the sky is out of my window and how fluffy the clouds look.

kazereal, Epistolarius, Kyo and 2 others like this.
  7. I couldn't help reading that in my mind with Stewie's voice

8. On the good old days of simracing on Formula SimRacing with rF1 with the same car and same setup we used different duct brakes between drivers. It's all down to how much do you use the engine brake and your tecnic of braking. While some driver could finish the race with just, let's say, duct 2 some had to use duct 4, and everyone was driving the same car. Drivers actually have an influence on the brake fading during a long race of 70 laps.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  9. iVG

iVG Alien

Need proof of what? Brake fade? Yeah sure, it's a real thing that real racing drivers cope with, maybe don't talk so much about it. It becomes second nature just like warming your tyres before a good lap (ever tried GT car without tyre blankets on?). The real engineering part is to keep the brake as close to optimal temps as possible. Problem is brake discs/pads have a very low thermal mass therefore the temperature fluctuations can be quite big. Brakes can go from 100 to 600 degrees in a matter of seconds in F1. Of course, that's an extreme example but the theory is the same for all cars, just no as volatile as F1. Different materials could transfer heat better or worse etc, but for now, since AC does not have this feature a simple 'multiplier' of some sort to differentiate between cars would be awesome. Once the feature is in place, it can easily be expanded further in later updates.

'For a game to have horizontal expansion rather than depth yields much more to the gameplay than expanding a current feature.' I know this from a game dev.

10. KommyKT

KommyKT Gamer

I could not decide: False start /engine shall or brake temp simulation, both important i think.

11. if it was in rF1 (with some modded car perhaps) it must be true then... ok lol

12. ouvert

ouvert Alien

damn I`ve selected wrong options :) ... picked Custom champs .. but for that other things should be resolved first so .. i would go with Steer ratio/brake pressure, Engine stall/jump starts or Brake temps (or all of them in one big car mechanic bundle update .. so watter/radiar too) as it affects everybody every time they start a session ...

I understand that one big update would be too big as all those features are tied to another things:

Jump starts -> Penalty system, server side implementation, ..
    Brake temps -> air cooling effect based on air temp, airflow cooling based on car construct, brake ducts, brake fade and failure, linking temps to glowing, brake effectiveness and brake delay, etc
    Radiator -> driving in dirt air, damage to radiator, repairs in pit, perhaps even safe mode when overheating on race cars for example when sticking for too long too close behind other car, radiator size affecting pefromance, different air flow, on different cars, BOP with radiator size ...

A lot of research, lot of data, a lot of work...

but all are good and fun things to have in game

Last edited: Apr 2, 2016
  13. Blamer

Blamer Hardcore Simmer

I think is because of this attitude the rest of us won't get it soon.

dannaz, Ciborio, Epistolarius and 9 others like this.
  14. so they don't talk much about it.. but you know.. are you a F1 driver? It's an honor to have you here mate... welcome to AC!

You also seem to be working as en engineer in a brake company.. have some juicy data to share perhaps? I'd love to be able to have a look at those.

claudiopolez, Sko Sko, TDS and 2 others like this.
  15. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

Has anyone seen Brian? I'm looking for my time travel escape pod.

Seria17hri11er and Dream1979 like this.
  16. iVG

iVG Alien

Hahah of course I'm not, but your regular F1 TV spot on BBC won't give you much detail on brakes :D You know what I meant.

EDIT:

Unlike Pirelli tyres which made a big fuss a few years ago when they stepped into F1.

17. oh shoot! I should watch more TV.. that'll surely make me code a better sim.

You're right.. why bother talking to real drivers when I can turn on the BBC and/or read your insight on the forums?

18. iVG

iVG Alien

No? I said your regular F1 spot WILL NOT give you any detail. I'm confused nao.

19. It's still the same in rF2 with the official Formula ISI.

20. 100% proven true then... case is closed chaps.. you can go home.