1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iVG

iVG Alien

Stefano, I absolutely LOVE your job, man, I don't know why it looks like we're arguing. Hence the name of the thread - I'm giving you my 2 pennies. I'm not complaining, nor I am trying to give you any sort of directions, all the decisions that Kunos have made have been the right ones. Since YOU are asking us, I'm telling you what I would love to see next in AC. That's all.

Mogster and Thomas Gocke like this.
  2. I am just trying to make you realize things are not as easy as you think they are. :)

3. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Holy sh*t what a list :eek:
    Really can't understand how people already were able to pick one of the items. The simulation freak in me is already struggling between the points, but there is also the league racing guy who is drooling in front of the monitor.

@Lord Kunos can I vote for "take a week off AC development in order to clone you guys"? :D

4. iVG

iVG Alien

Oh snap, no, I do not think they are easy! I absolutely understand that all this needs to be backed by real data, etc. The only thing I am trying to convince you is that it would add a whole lot of a 'sim' into the sim from the petty point of view of a regular slow guy in AC. I know why you would say that though, since most of the game community has that 'i wantz zis nao' attitude.

Anyway, peace and whatever you choose to develop next, I believe it will be the right choice of AC and Kunos!

5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Is brake temp necessarily ”brake fade” though? Or could it be interpreted as simply cold brakes being less effective on the opening lap, and brake temps heating the tyre carcass?

6. MAXCARS

MAXCARS Racer

Maybe look into DX12 support. New games are starting to support dx11 & dx12. I'm not a programmer so i'm not sure how hard or easy it is to do. But keep up the good work guys. We all love AC soooo much.

Epistolarius and Dream1979 like this.
  7. iVG

iVG Alien

The brake fade could be added later. I'd be happy to have brake temps for start which affect the short term stopping power. Anything that expands AC, I would be happy, since we already have a gazillion cars, all that needs to be added retrospectively to all of them. So the more cars Kunos release, the harder their job will be. I'm sure @Lord Kunos knows what I'm talking about.

Kalamede likes this.
  8. Why do you make a joke of my comments if you admit yourself that you have no idea about this matter?

9. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Hard choice for me between False starts and Timed races, i just went with a small study i do by myself, basically is , when someone enters a race for the first time in AC, what do they miss ( complain in TS ) the most from other sims they are used too ..... Funny enough it's 9/10 why cant engage 1st on the goddamm start lol... doesnt bother me that much tbh but its the one i listen the most :)

The second one i would choose (Would probably be the first if i was selfish :) ) , as a leagues organizer here in our little comunity i struggle all the time with the ( OH ****.... how many laps in 30 minutes )

Thanks for this :)

10. iVG

iVG Alien

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  11. iVG

iVG Alien

BTW Stefano, since you're almost never here, you have time for a few races in GT now? A little community race perhaps?

Leonardo Ratafia likes this.
  12. spidiG

spidiG Racer

Championship please. What is the point a sports game without championship? It's like nba or fifa game but you can only play friendly matches...

Kaaarp likes this.
  13. cooknn

cooknn Alien

No clear winner as of this morning! I can't afford a VR headset yet, but some day I think it would be amazing to experience AC that way. I could pull my Playseat Evolution out of the closet and stick it in front of the wall next to my desk. Maybe put a historic poster of Spa on the wall in front of it :p

ears1991 likes this.
  14. Jempy

Jempy Simracer

I voted 'Pitstop Strategy'.

Not knowing if multiple votes were allowed, I didn't add a second choice.
    Just in case ... I'd add Time bases races and False starts ( even though the Pitlane Penalty app may already offer that now ;) )

Could I take profit of this nice thread to add a request, which surely most of us should appreciate:
    Please, Stefano, could it be possible to implement a simple 'Delete Setup' in game ? ... we may add, modify and save setups but delete one always asks to do it afterwards in our documents.
    This is of course a detail .... but surely a precious one for most of us.

Anyway, thanks for the latest 1.5 update to all the team .... a very precious one ! ;)

Epistolarius and Kalamede like this.
  15. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

This is my opinion mainly based on what ive been taught, if you don't like it feel free to attack me, unless you are the VR mob.

----------------------------------

Honestly the way i see it the physics is damn near done and you could literally slam a pre baked in saying if drove 2 laps then brakes = 20% ****ter and many wouldnt notice.

Options, options, options.

This is where it will matter, and well its gonna come down to a comparison, sorry i have to do it(mainly because im considering reviewers thoughts when it comes to console).

What does pcars have that AC doesnt, now this is why i think championships and timed races are needed.

In racing games you have more or less two options after you have put 10-30 hours into the campaign, stick with singleplayer or go multiplayer.

Championships brings our side which wants progression, we want to win a race and see that we are above Racer X or Y, we want that anxiety of going into a final race to see that if i lose here then ive lost the championship and im a failure to my parents, my girlfriend will leave me. Progression is in everything now, its like comparing Doom or Quake to Battlefield and Call of duty, while they have levels racing games tend to have championships, not everyone likes multiplayer so championships will cater to them, as the AI is rather fantastic now it will make a lot of sense.

Timed races is needed because you are quickly starting to cater for endurance racing, many fans of WEC, Blancpain, F1, IMSA etc etc here, all use time based races, i love doing an 1 or 2 hour long race and its nice to be able to do that without having to use a calculator.

I believe in some sort of janky way they can be implemented, there is already a ui for championships used in the campaign, making a integrated career maker isnt there yet, there is a mod for it so maybe consider snapping that up and converting it if possible.

Im not sure if this is possible but qualifying in a way is technically a timed race.

Forgive me im talking crap.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  16. .Repa24

.Repa24 Hardcore Simmer

I'd be very interested in changing the skin of your car in a pickup mode, but it seems like other features will win. :D

17. Torcano

Torcano Alien

I voted brake temps simulation. Was really hard choice between that and false starts/engine stall. ;D

Kalamede likes this.
  18. it surely can.. the only reason it's not there is because we don't have a way to support (easily) some sort of "are you sure?" dialog in our GUI.. being a destructive action that cannot be undone, I feel it really needs a "are you sure?" thingy.

In Quatel (last company I used to work for) the system was to have an "Ok" button appear on the side to confirm.. it could be done that way... but, as you said, it's so low priority it keeps getting forgotten.

19. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Honestly, I don't have a rift but I'd love to know that our fellow drivers who do are properly supported.