1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrex

Andrex Gamer

I hope that I will not feel any sickness by Testing VR in the Future, because I think it is a step forward to enjoy Virtuell Worlds especially for sim racing ;-)

2. bomberman[]

bomberman[] Rookie

I think anyone's that tried (not just bought) VR with one of the newest headsets will beg to differ.

3. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

So, you guys think the Oculus Rift and Valve VR headsets represent the pinnacle of Virtual Reality?! That's it... There is nothing more that can be achieved with VR? If you beg to differ my point you're implying that the first VR headsets to be mass produced for home use are going to be known as the greatest VR devices ever produced even 50 years from now. I don't think so. I think not only will resolution improve, but I think LOTS of things are going to improve. Latency. Headsets will become wireless. You won't have to hold those two ridiculous controllers because there will probably be some type of gloves and/or other wearable technology to make the experience more realistic.

The very first home computers couldn't do anything like today's home computers - at a fraction of the price. The very first smartphones are laughable compared to the smartphones that we have today. Every technology improves in time. Improves considerably, if it's good and worth developing. There will come a day when you look back and crack up at the thought of using an Oculus Rift. At least, that's my thought. You seem to think we're already there. It doesn't get any better than this... I think there is room for considerable improvements.

esox71 and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. bomberman[]

bomberman[] Rookie

No, of course not. Do you think sim racing has reached it's pinnacle or that pc graphics have? For VR it has a long way to go before we reach "the matrix" but it is good enough now for now to reach the immersion and presence that has escaped us before. There's a reason why sim racers are trading in their multi monitor setups for a VR setup. It's as close to real racing as your going to get. That's pretty much what we want. You can either play a racing game on a monitor or you can actually feel like you're in the race. It's that simple.

Cote Dazur likes this.
  5. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

This is a fact, indeed: who tried it, loved it.
    @ALB123 once you go VR, you never go back. :D

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

. . . if the pinnacle is all that's worthy, when does that time arrive? There's always the "Better One Coming" just around the corner. If you insist on VR without making some concessions, then VR is probably not for you. For those of us that have been dreaming of the level of immersion VR brings for decades now, what would be the point of waiting longer? I have the hardware I need to have great experiences now and I'm certainly not getting any younger! ;)

I do respect those that can wait until VR matures for having patience but, it's easier if you don't know what you're missing. If you are not ready for VR, don't try it anytime soon; for most that do, it's a game changer, even with it's current limitations. :)

Cote Dazur and pika4u like this.
  7. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Last edited: Apr 28, 2016
  8. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

My point was that VR is still in it's infancy. Whether you think it's incredible or not, it's still in it's infancy. That's the only point I was trying to make and other people tried to say that it wasn't. Are you an early adapter to every gadget and technology released to the public? Maybe you are. I'm not. Right now, current VR technology doesn't impress me enough to want to buy it. For those that do want a headset now, I say go get 'em. Enjoy the heck out of it. I hope it brings you thousands of hours of joy. That's not going to change my personal opinion on the state of VR technology right now. Considering I only play 1 video game - Assetto Corsa - I'm not concerned about the number of games available with VR support. I voted in this thread to work on VR support to Assetto Corsa. I'm not against the technology. Quite the contrary.

9. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

I understand you very well. I'm not an early adopter of any technology, it's quite the opposite indeed.
    But i was a child when i was dreaming about VR, so i bought a DK2 asap and i was blown away. Of course it was a prototype with big limits, but driving was already amazing.
    And I bought both the DK2 and the CV1 just for Assetto Corsa... :)
    This is really a new experience. It's not a surrogate like 3D back in the days.

But @ALB123 did you already tried it?
    If the answer is no, then don't do it or you will be the next customer. :D

mms and Mike1304 like this.
  10. bomberman[]

bomberman[] Rookie

All I can say is if you get a chance...try it. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

colombianomd likes this.
  11. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I literally "tried" an Oculus Rift for about 30 seconds. A cousin of mine has one of the models that was released before this current retail model. He and a friend were doing something with it - I'm assuming either trying to figure out the game or maybe they were having trouble with it, I don't know. For all I know, it might have just been some demo. Anyway, I placed it up to my face so I could see what was on the display and it was just a 1st person vantage point of being in a room. As I was holding this thing to my face I moved my head around and my cousin did something that made me move forward in the room. A few more seconds of me moving my head around and I pulled it away from my face. I'd say that hardly counts as really trying out the device.

I don't play ANY video games besides Assetto Corsa. Many of my friends do. I have a brother who loves first person shooter games. For some reason I've just never really been into video games once I hit the age of about 20-21. Fortunately, I can see VR being extremely cool for something like a driving sim because you don't have to hold controllers, you hold onto your steering wheel just like you would if you were playing with a monitor.

pika4u likes this.
  12. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

[​IMG]

nate likes this.
  13. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

mmm… learn to read. Then quote… ;)

14. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

DK2 wasn't plug and play. You should have adjusted the distance of the lenses according to your eyes!

Also, nobody should move your virtual counterpart in place of you! that's a brain killer for sure.

Let me say: take your time, then try it with AC. You'll no regret. If you feel sick, keep driving some minutes every day until it's done.
    Bye bye triple.

15. John514

John514 Hardcore Simmer

VR works best with games where you have a fixed viewing position. The Oculus works best with games where you are sitting down, both in game and IRL such as driving/racing games , flight simulators.. Games like first person shooters where the head movement is managed by the headset but the character movement is managed by the controller/keyboard don't work that we'll and can be disorienting

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

So you must be having a different understanding of what 'early adopter' means. And you're telling him to learn to read. I'd suggest to keep this discussion clean...

sacredaardvark and bondyboy like this.
  17. AWIEN WE

AWIEN WE Rookie

I think it's not really a problem for sim racing ... or sims in general.

I've done 2 hours of DCS world in caucasus map with a mirage 2000 with no sickness (and I can assure you that I don't fly in straight lines).

I must agree with you, but you can also get used to it especially if you play standing, ie in windlands my first game lasted 20 min, my 2nd about 2hours, and since then I feel no more sickness (but I almost physically fell after a huge jump lol). Doing stuff (grappine) with the vive controllers also helps I think, the imperceptible latency and constant 90 fps helps.

John514 likes this.
  18. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Not sure if I don't get you or you don't get me (or the rest of the VR likers).

No one has said its the pinnacle of what it can be.
    You said 'some day VR will be the most incredible thing ever, we're no where that day yet'. I said 'but we are', meaning that VR is the most incredible thing AT THIS TIME and streets ahead of multi monitors.
    Is there room for improvement in VR? yes of course there is.
    Is there room for improvement in multi monitors? Possibly a little, but certainly not ground breaking, they are now the VHS in a Blu Ray world (there is still room for improvement like 4k and in the future 8k Blu ray, but its still the best at the moment).
    To think 3 monitors are better than VR is like thinking records are better than CD's/MP3's.
    Times are changing, better things are coming, but these better things can still be improved upon (where others have reached their peak).

pika4u likes this.
  19. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

What's wrong with you, too?
    I suggest you the same thing. Read. Understand. Eventually quote.

I'll explain for you so you can relax:
    I've never been an early adopter. Oculus made me be an early adopter because i was waiting for VR since i was a child.

Clear now? or someone needs a picture?

20. I vote for a picture...

21. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

Think I need a picture thanks ;)

You said you're not an early adopter but then bought a dk2? Maybe if you had worded it 'I wasn't an early adopter' because the act of buying a dk2 made you an early adopter

sacredaardvark likes this.