1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's talk about broadcasting (user's thread)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Jeffaffa

Jeffaffa Rookie

auto directed broadcast :)

2. FX2K

FX2K Racer

Care to share how / what you used for it?
    I've been looking at giving ACC another shot, broadcasting (with auto-director) is something I would really like to be able to use for the times there's nobody available to direct.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  3. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Rookie

@Jeffaffa How did you manage that?

Please tell us how to do it.

4. Jeffaffa

Jeffaffa Rookie

I made a script that selects randomly a driver and camera's in the ksBroadcastingTestClient.
    It does not look for fights so it is not intelligent but it gets the job done for now.

I got a friend working on something like raceroom. So it can pick drivers that are in the fight base on weight points.

AndyK70, Wutzmann, Serge M and 2 others like this.
  5. Elrann

Elrann Simracer

Will be possible in future to import replay file into this broadcasting client and do broadcasting from replay, or just "connect" into saved replay?

6. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

Do you guys plan on eventually sharing it once you get that feature in?

7. I'm not very used to this kind of things, if I'm running ACC on my "gaming" pc, will I be able to connect my laptop with this app to broadcast a race? My laptop is an Intel Pentium N3530 2.16ghz 4 cores with 8gb of ram, no graphic card (except for the intel integrated graphic chip). Do you think it's powerful enough to do this? If so, is there a "how to" somewhere to follow the steps to setup that?

Or should my main PC running ACC should be able to generate the broadcast and stream it Live while I'm racing?

8. Kaheli

Kaheli Rookie

Hello,

I just made my first broadcast yesterday and here's some feedback:

-Couldn't find any info about how to get into the server as spectator (i did google), UI was very un-intuitive in this matter, luckily one of the community members knew how.
    -Tower (driver list) is very laggy and glitchy, both in-game HUD and broadcasting tool. Examples: drivers who already left were still visible in broadcasting tool, gaps between drivers were hard to read at best and everything seems to have a bit of delay.
    -HUD customization is lacking, for example i think tower is just too big as default.
    -Feature to rename camera's (or atleast the buttons) would be most welcome.
    -TV camera's don't switch to the camera set if you just click on the desired set, you actually have to spam the camera list and get lucky about hitting the right camera that is in use in that moment, i did circumvent this by alt+tabbing (running 2 screen setup) into the game and pressing F3 but not an optimal solution.

Features i would love to see:

-Live track map
    -Tyre info, so i could tell viewers if drivers change tyres
    -Weather forecast
    -HUD customization: colors, size for tower, More detailed driver info (speed, gear, who the driver in front is etc.)
    -Possibility to hightlight the highlights in different colors (accident=red, PB lap=blue, SB lap= purple etc, you get the idea)
    -HUD elements in replay, atleast driver info and text saying "REPLAY" so viewers know.

That's what comes to mind atm.

But overall, the experience was not bad, and you've done a good job so far. Especially the ability to use replays is huge (this coming from seasoned AC broadcaster :D )

Keep it up!

9. cimbo

cimbo Rookie

Hi, I have one small question. How can I connect on server like spectator without car, rating points (driver mod). Any free servers.
    I can test my stream PC system.
    Thank you :)

10. Kaheli

Kaheli Rookie

Server needs to have a spectator password set up. If it has spec pw then just type the spectator password to the server pw box and connect.

11. Crt_Jokinnen

Crt_Jokinnen Racer

where to reduce the size of the positions of all the pilots in broadcasting

12. GearChange

GearChange Rookie

Hi, anyone else getting camera set text on acc screen? it`s also being recorded/broadcast. is there a way to stop this happening?

13. bartouze

bartouze Gamer

any idea of what the number after a car collision is ?
    look like coordinate :)
    i mean the one after the car's number who pop out the event

14. \documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\hud.json

"cameraSetNameLabel": 0,

Chooka and Brado23 like this.
  15. schmoo

schmoo Rookie

The AutoPilot function seems to manage camera switching, but I can't make sense of what is meant by "waiting for camera definitions," the colours of the cameras on that tab, or the sliders. Are those documented anywhere?

16. schmoo

schmoo Rookie

Figured out sliders, I think and seems to manage driver switching, not camera switching, but still not clear about "camera definitions" message.

17. Can someone explain in more detail how the slider system works?

18. schmoo

schmoo Rookie

From what I can tell, the sliders change the weighting of the various factors in the tools "decisions" on which driver to choose. For example, if you want to focus the camera on cars in a tight proximity, you could ramp that up to 200% and move the other sliders to 0%.

As you move the sliders, you'll the see % values associated with each driver change in the list below the sliders. The high percentage drivers seems to be the focus of the camera.

I still don't have have a working theory on:
    - what drives frequency of driver change
    - what drives frequency of camera change
    - what determines which camera is chosen
    - what the sliders for fastfocus and slowfocus do

Hope that helps.

Chooka likes this.
  19. saurohd

saurohd Racer

Hi all...
    i have a question, it's possible connect with broadcasting client to a rental server (rackService)?

20. schmoo

schmoo Rookie

No, I don't think so. To broadcast you need a PC cable of playing the game connected to your rackservice server as a spectator. From there, broadcast client connects to that PC.