1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's talk about broadcasting (user's thread)

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Minolin, Dec 12, 2018.

1. saurohd

saurohd Racer

Ok, tanks for info!!!

2. Oathius

Oathius Rookie

Hey folks, I'm trying to find the Broadcasting app so I can start using it but there isnt a broadcasting folder in my sdk folder, the readme file in there explains its been moved to the steam tools section, I can see the dedicated server is on there but no Broadcast SDK, any help would be greatly appreciated

3. icemanzp

icemanzp Simracer

it included to ACC Dedicated server tool. Install it and watch folders.

Oathius likes this.
  4. Oathius

Oathius Rookie

Brilliant, thanks buddy!

5. Doomsayer

Doomsayer Rookie

Hi,
    for the last days I tried to broadcast some of our league training sessions live to prepare for a full live stream of our league races. So far so good, I made some steps in the right direction for a full autonomous broadcasting with the test client. But one thing makes me angry: We have to buy a new licence for the game if we use a second PC to broadcast. This is annoying, but I bought a second license. But after that, I realised that I also need every DLC! This is not funny anymore.
    A stream is like advertising for the community but also for this racing sim software. Can the devs be so kind and make it possible to join all server as a spectator without the need to buy every DLC?

Greetings
    Sascha from RRL Fun Liga

6. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Should work:

7. Erbibbo

Erbibbo Rookie

@Minolin I’ve tried the broadcasting app yesterday.
    Some suggestions:
    - Implement filters to notifications, doing Race Direction live is impossible to follow the first 2 laps with all “personal best” notification with 30+ cars
    - implement possibility to double click on accident notification and start immediately replay of the accident to evaluate it
    - possibility to scroll up and down the notification app, if something is missed it cannot be recovered.
    - accident indication with both car number instead of double notification

if i’ll find out something else i’ll tell :)

8. Mark Hughes

Mark Hughes Rookie

Evening All,

Been researching this for a while now, and cannot find a solution.

I race/stream predominantly in VR, using a Valve Index, and streaming the specator screen that accompanies a VR boot up. However I want to broadcast the likes of the helicams and tv cameras my VR view.

So using the ACC Broadcaster Director tool, or whatever its called, I connect it to my game, recognises it etc, but the only specator cameras it offers are tied to my headset view if this makes sense? Is there anyway to have it broadcast a regular more conventional camera set, whilst still allowing me to race in VR?

Mark,

9. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

Not possible. The broadcast tool just controls your own game view. Guess you would need another copy of the game with another pc and somehow connect that as a spectator to achieve what you want.

AndyK70 likes this.
  10. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Yeah, I think you need a pal with another pc and copy of ACC doing the TV broadcast for you, with a streamdeck and video multiplexer controlling the stream output, switching views, pop-up replays/slo-mos, etc. etc.

On our way going Pro :cool:

11. schmoo

schmoo Rookie

Has there been any more intelligence gathered on the effect of the sliders? I'm particulary interested in understanding how FocusFast and FocusSlow affect things. Thx.

12. Ham4tw

Ham4tw Rookie

In case this is not obvious for new users coming to this thread, what I've learnt so far ACC broadcasting:

1. If you plan to both race and broadcast a different view to what you see, you will need to purchase an additional copy off ACC running on a seperate computer. I'll call this the 'spectactor copy' and this will only work with a dedicated multipayer server. You do not need to buy the DLC as a spectator.
    2. On your dedicated multiplayer server (wherever you host it) you will need a spectator password configured, so that your 'spectator copy' can connect to to the dedicated multiplayer server as a spectator (otherwise it will be connecting as a car which will need DLC!)
    3. The Broadcaster SDK mentioned in this thread is designed to integrate with the 'spectator copy' making it easier to switch cameras access instant replays etc However you can just use the standard 'F' keys in the spectator copy of the game, without the need of the Broadcast SDK

With that out of the way, I've managed to get this up a running for when I'm playing/streaming ACC in VR. One issue I am having is that during race events, at the end of each session e.g. at the end of Practice, Qualifying and Race; the spectator copy seems to get kicked out of the dedicated server and yet all the other drivers, including my copy of the game stays logged in. I have keep logging in at the start of the session which is becoming a real pain, particularly before the start of the race when the spectactor only seems to be able to connect when there is less than 30 seconds before the race starts. Does anyone know why this is?

kjflores likes this.
  13. FX2K

FX2K Racer

That's not entirely true, unless something changed recently.
    I have had to purchase DLC tracks and cars (GT4) to spectate / stream. I don't know why, since the content is downloaded anyway and its not as if I am joining to drive. The cars are ok if the session is mixed, but not if its GT4 exclusive.

I don't find the spectator gets kicked during any session changes. Connecting can be a pita, if you lose connection or have to reconnect, usually you have to leave the server and rejoin. Plus the director tool doesn't clear its lists, so a good plan to re-launch that too. I find you can successfully connect once whilst its in a session, if anything causes you to disconnect the director tool, then usually you also have to leave / rejoin the server. It's a ball ache.

Another issue, and it wasn't always like this, is after a session, ie Q > R, on the spectator you have to return to garage and click drive again otherwise you are left with some ui elements and a chat window when the race starts. Not sure why it just can't stay in spectate mode.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  14. Ham4tw

Ham4tw Rookie

I hadn't tried an GT4 class session only and you are correct, spectators aren't allowed in unless they have purchased GT4 pack which is bizzare Kunos!

I've figured out that the specator 'session kicking' thing, it happens if the spectator is connected via the LAN option. It works and keeps logged in, if it is connected via the normal (none LAN) lobby multiplayer option. It could be a local network issue, but then again I would expect the LAN session to not work at all, so this feels like a bug to me.

15. marc.dieters

marc.dieters Rookie

Hello,

I'm not sure this has been noticed before but the Remaining Time counts down to quickly.
    upload_2021-4-12_16-9-53.png

This seems to go exponationaly.

Does someone know how to fix this ?

16. kro

kro Simracer

Guys, I have a question, Can I join as spectator to broadcast & still become /admin to advance the sessions? I want to broadcast our league events But I am also the admin and in charge of running the events ..
    Thanks!

17. Kaheli

Kaheli Rookie

Yes, you can join as spectator and then just get admin rights with the command.

kro likes this.
  18. kro

kro Simracer

Thanks Kaheli!!

19. kro

kro Simracer

Is there any trick to the replay feature? I tried pressing the buttons but nothing happened? or maybe I'm blind? lol
    Thx ..

20. pdf3108

pdf3108 Rookie

Try clicking with your mouse.