1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic List of cars with shifting options (H/Paddle/etc)

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by jelydonut, Feb 15, 2017.

1. jelydonut

jelydonut Rookie

I was wondering if there is any lists or something of the sort, which has what car uses what for shifting (IRL). The reason I am asking is it would be nice to know which ones I can use the H shifter on, if I feel in the mood for just that, without needed to load up each car and find out.

Also, is there such thing as a car which uses the paddle shifters and requires the clutch?

New to sim racing, so be gentle.. : o )

Thanks!

StyleF1re and Inmortal80 like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Screens & Videos Classic Cars Trackday at Feldbergring | Realistic Graphics | Porsche 911 RS 2.7 1973 Aug 12, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer after server restart auto entrylist placed all cars 1 position back on grid Apr 18, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Problems with forced cars entrylist Jul 20, 2020
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues No cars in entry list (however entry list is populated) Apr 10, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Is there a list of confirmed cars already? Sep 17, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Available cars list empty Jul 18, 2018
    Chit Chat Room AC cars without powersteering list request Mar 20, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Not all cars show up on server entry list Mar 17, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Friends can't see cars list Jan 22, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Lister reviving their classic cars Jun 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Searching for a list (or similar) for the perfect tyre pressure for all cars/tyre types Apr 17, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues acServerManager.exe Error: 0 : Cars List Configuration system failed to initialize Mar 29, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues 1.13 Blistering/graining gone for F1 cars Mar 23, 2017
    Console Lounge Car comparison list AC/Pcars Sep 1, 2016
    Console Lounge List of all cars on console Aug 27, 2016

3. Slamdrunken

Slamdrunken Racer

Race cars with sequential gearboxes do use paddles usually without lifting the throttle on up shifts & the clutch for launching the car from an stand still.
    In AC every car uses the shifting method the car IRL uses, so if it is a manual, you have to H shift it, if it is an automatic you have to use the paddles.

4. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

I was thinking the same thing here. Not the most straightforward approach to browse for pictures and info on the internet, or to load up every car in-game. I mean, right-hand drive cars can have the shifter on either side. Kind of makes me wish I had a second shifter attachment piece for my rig! And yeah, it would be nice to know exactly which cars use paddles like the modern GT3 racers and which use levers like the Porsche 911 GT1, one of the Lotus Evoras, and the Alfa Romeo DTM car to name a few.

I have to envy the Fanatec users that can just flip a switch to toggle between H and sequential modes...

jelydonut likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Alfa Romeo DTM using a h-pattern. :)
    [​IMG]
    http://www.diecast.org/diecast98/html/asp/forums/forum18/viewMessage.asp?id=129328

I think someone made a list of which shifting method different cars using. Cant find it now though. :(

StyleF1re likes this.
  6. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

Cool! Hopefully someone can get a link or something to a list of sorts. And damn, I'm gonna have to power up AC and hop in the 155 once more. It's actually been months since I last tested it. Blaming the Porsche Packs and Red Pack for that! I was thinking the 155 was the one car that made me switch the TH8A shifter to sequential mode for a good month starting in mid-late November. And then right afterward I developed some mad craving for the Supra and Skyline, and those two along with the 935 Porsche had me move to left-handed H configuration for another month or so.

And now the shifter's back on the right (where it should be) and will probably stay there in H configuration until my 911R fever goes away...

kofotsjanne likes this.
  7. ayrtonkee

ayrtonkee Rookie

This may sound like a weird question, but is it possible to use the clutch while shifting with the paddles? I'm not planning to invest in a H-shifter yet but I just ordered the T3PA-pedals for my T150.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Theres no reason to shift with a clutch with paddles. The only reason to use it on cars that have it (i dont know of any right now) is in the beginning when a race starts.

9. ayrtonkee

ayrtonkee Rookie

I mean cars like the classic Lotus F1 cars. They have a manual gearbox and you need to use the clutch and blip to drive them. Is it possible to disable auto clutch & auto blip so I have to use the clutch & blip even if I don't use a H-shifter?

10. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Thats a good question. I let someone else answer that one. :)

I can recommend you to at least look into getting a shifter though, its a completely new world that opens.. almost. :)

11. Sennamental

Sennamental Rookie

Wow this is old but I will reply in case others are looking for an answer, you can select auto blip and auto clutch in the realism options. If you pick PRO you can go to a sub menu and pick Ideal line, Damage Auto gears etc. If you pick auto clutch and auto blip you can run stick cars as paddle cars.

12. ZeusPT

ZeusPT Rookie

13. sidy06

sidy06 Gamer

Excellent! Thanks!

Gitterdunne likes this.