1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

List with all road cars and their respective electronic aids?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by manuelecelestiale, May 23, 2016.

1. My question as above.

Currently i am testing all the road cars in Trento-Bodone, and i want to drive the cars as realistic+fast as possible.
    I don't use TC at all, because it's badly implemented, "comfort-mode" like, and makes virtually every road car slower. But i want to use the stability assist as it is used IRL. What i don't like is that there is no "factory" mode for ESC, in contrary to Project Cars, where i think it's perfectly implemented - uniquely for every car, some cars you can go sideways like hell even with ESC on (comparable to "sport+ mode" in the M4 for example), some others like the Audi A1 are pretty conservative.
    Well, i understand there is no car-specified ESC in Assetto Corsa. So i want to recreate the ESC as close as possible comparable to real life "sport+" modes in cars.

Small sidenote: I am really really underwhelmed from the M4 in AC. In 4 attempts i couldn't even match the time from the old M3 in Trento. Using TC makes this an old-grandma car and very slow, not using TC and it's undrivable in first and second gear. I drove this car IRL with sport+, and it's NOTHING like either of those 2 examples. In fact it's perfectly controlable for an amateur like me, but you can still go sideways and get the wheels spinning. Hopefully i can recreate that when tinkering with the stability control in game.

So all i am basically asking is a list with the cars, and their respective aids...and maybe some hints, how much % i should use for stability assist to get a "sport-mode" like behaviour...

Thanks in advance

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room How to set realistic road temperature using air temperature and weather information? Feb 1, 2017
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Realistic Road Temp broken again in 1.8.1 Server Manager Sep 3, 2016
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Moon Icon Serverlist Feb 7, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to show the team name in the driver list Dec 31, 2023
    General modding discussion Assetto Corsa Realistic Data making Sep 12, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Server list Jul 16, 2023
    ACC User Interface Multiplayer list - full vs 0 time left Jul 3, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Endurance Race Entry List, please fix! May 7, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Server List servers down Mar 29, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting I have tried every solution listed back to 2019, ACC UE4 Fatal Error Mar 18, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues List endpoints acServer Mar 16, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from Touge Life 3 Sep 22, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Multiplayer refresh server list freeze. Jun 17, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS4/5 - g-portal server will not show in list with a pw Jun 1, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Blacklisted from chris32.de | Nordschleife Touristenfahrt Apr 14, 2022

3. Stability Control in AC is NOT the same as ESC in a real car. The most realistic setting is OFF.

Tiago Lima likes this.
  4. that's a shame, because it basically means that every modern car apart from trackday stuff like the 2Eleven isn't properly simulated. Just made a BMW 1M comparison, had a blast in Project Cars with ESC and ABS on, TC off. In AC well...not so much. I really like the old cars, like the Alfa Romeo GTA or the Miura in Assetto Corsa, but the new ones are miles away from their real life counterparts...there are cars out there, where it really doesn't make any sense to drive them without electronic assists (P1, Huayra...)

5. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Do anybody Race in RL with Stability Control Systems??

6. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

well if they're simulating it in pCars then it won't be by using the actual manufacturers data/algorithms so it's not properly simulated there either

7. Racing? I am not sure.
    But all new road cars are definitely faster with electronic aids, and in most super/hyper/mega cars you can't even deactivate ESC. In those cars multiple electronic systems are well integrated into the design, you couldn't even drive a lot off them without.
    surely not, but they come close to what it should be, and that's all a simulator is about. Better to have a "fake algorithm" to match the real thing 99%, then having no algorithm at all and matching the real thing 0%

8. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Then to satisfy the need of one, you can start experimenting with the stability control in game. Start with 30% or higher if you find it acceptable, then see if it needs lower, until you set to something you feel is somewhat realistic for the modern cars.
    But if you're having difficulty sliding/drifting with stability, then disable traction control, as that works against drifting, but keep stability as that will help with sliding and recovering until you learn the proper techniques to do it without assists. But no problem if you prefer using stability assist, it comes down to what you enjoy when driving the cars.

9. Only if the driver is crap.

Tiago Lima, Racing_34 and dermonty like this.
  10. Ok thanks, might try that. I don't have any problem driving any car with all assists off. I just don't like the feel. When i am driving an M4 or a 458, i want to feel that i am in a new car. When i want a challenge, i get into the Yellowbird. But there is no point (for me) driving new supercars and disabling every assist. They just feel like cars out of the 70s or 80s again, and that's not the point. In Pcars, there is a world of a difference between vintage cars, and a newer car, you immediately sense the modern engineering. I miss that in AC...but thanks for your tip.
    yeah sure, and because of that GT3 drivers are using traction control. Or F1 in early 90s...i guess Williams was barely faster then the other cars, were they?:rolleyes: And like already said..there are plenty of cars out there you can't even drive without electronic aids...

11. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I was relativly sure that you can always disable the ESC systems on premium cars. I know you can on gallardo and mclaren P1.

12. in the Mclaren, the front spoiler, the rear wing, the active suspension and the electric motors for each wheel are always working. In track mode they are all on, ESC as well...they all play together to give you the best cornering speed at any given time..no human beeing can even imagine to come close to what the computer does in the corners

13. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

well your fake algorithm can be your varying levels of stability in AC's menus, just AC doesn't pretend it's the real thing

14. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

sorry, but you are wrong :) about the P1: "ESC – can be switched off completely in Track- and Race mode by holding down the Aero and Manual buttons simultaenously."

15. but it does pretend that it's generic, unmodifiable (and awfully bad) traction control is real..that's even worse
    possible, that the manual does say that, but there are still loads of aidings going on that help the driver..call it how you like, but the computer aided wheel control is always on..each wheel gets always exactly the power it "needs"..
    Apart from that, i am no expert in the P1, i know about all the stuff that's going on, and the different (4) modes however. Even if you could disable everything computer controlled -which might be possible with some magic combination - no driver on earth will even come close to the time when using all the aids...that's not possible. And that's the whole point

16. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

I don't understand why they should lie, either traction or stability control is on or it is off. here is a video of the mp4-12c where he shows how to disable it.

17. didn't say that anyone is lying, just that there are still other electronic aids, apart from TC and SC, call them what ever you like. It just doesn't make any sense to deactivate things like the active suspension or the active rear wing (unless you want to save fuel)

18. ZethGAF

ZethGAF Simracer

What you're talking about isn't possible - the only realistic setting is 0% stability control in AC.

19. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

then i missunderstood, i thought we are talking specifically about the Stability control.
    the aero and suspension thingies should be simulated in AC if im correct.

20. Sorry, have I just stumbled upon a PRC infiltration of a simulation site?

Michael Hornbuckle and sarabwt like this.
  21. Naw, if anything he is a pcars fanboy, and prc hates them also.

Tiago Lima likes this.