1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look-to-apex !! we need this implemented

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by humanpaste, Feb 6, 2015.

1. humanpaste

humanpaste Rookie

please for the love of god.the only thing i want to see is (look-to-apex) in a helmet view and in cockpit view. Project Cars has executed it perfectly in the helmet view. i cant stand screwing up laps because i cant 'effin' look through the turns. i know there is a mod but it only looks into a turn after i turn a wheel or joystick which its too late by that point. im sure there are threads on this but i think this needs to be heard and implemented in all " racing simulators "

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics Does ACC not implement real life braking mechanics?(Need some insights on this recent youtube video) Mar 16, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer We REALLY need a player report feature Dec 27, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help with UI control binding Dec 19, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Need help setting up Fanatic V3 pedals Dec 6, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting [Need help] Monitors "turn off" during races. Nov 1, 2023
    Chit Chat Room need help plz Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC needs a new installation every day Jun 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Who do I need to bribe to get PSVR2 support on ACC for PS5 (pretty please?) May 13, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Need help with this error message Apr 24, 2023
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Need to reset stats. Apr 9, 2023
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Tyres physics, need some explanations on FZ's, Dx_REF,LS_EXP's and MULT Jan 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Urgend help needed --> Fatal UE4-AC2 Error - Game won't start Nov 23, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Need help? Can't post. Oct 11, 2022
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Server Dossing so on, needs to be sorted. Jul 9, 2022
    Programming Language - Apps - GUI Themes Help needed for AC telemetry Jun 20, 2022

3. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

I think it sucks :)

Just download an app if you want it ;)

Kalamede and manzes82 like this.
  4. humanpaste

humanpaste Rookie

i have the app but i dont like it since it looks after i start turning. im not saying that people must use the look to apex feature but instead it should be an option to turn on or off.

MAUZERIS[LT] and PAKFA like this.
  5. GTHQ_koop

GTHQ_koop Hardcore Simmer

On that I agree....But that applies to more options which are no priority like button mapping, you can only hope it fits in future updates :)

6. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Well I can get used to both..

On/off option would be great. But there's a thread about this already.

7. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

I hate this feature, why should pc decide were I want to look?

Mael 2, Ace Pumpkin, AvGas and 6 others like this.
  8. Qwaribo

Qwaribo Alien

Dude...

Dennis Neo likes this.
  9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Because you cant do it for yourself if you dont have DK2 or TrackIR. I wish they implement this, would be to a lot of help and very appreciated.

10. This hits the point. In every sim i tried so far i had the same thought when i activated this. It destroys the immersion if the Apex look is determinated by the sim and not by myself.
    I also used TrackIR a time ago, but with the monitor and the rest of the room in my view it is kinda wrong too.

I wait for the final release of Oculus Rift, THEN i have the perfect Apex look.

Ace Pumpkin, Pascalwb and Horus like this.
  11. Horus

Horus Alien

Hal... Hal... look left Hal... Hal... Hal... NO!! My left Hal... HAL STOP!!!!

[​IMG]

6S.Manu and Filippo94 like this.
  12. Epocx

Epocx Alien

there is mods for this. have fun.

13. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

It's very selfish to say "I don't want this feature in the game", just because you don't like it.

No one will force those who don't like it to use it. It won't affect you at all.

Not everyone will have or likes TracIR and VR sets, and this is a very nice feature for them, myself included.

As for the mod that does this, with all due respect to RHM and it's creator, it's still limited by the python limitations, if I'm not mistaken. It's not really a Look-to-apex like in PCars, because that's the way it should be done.

14. humanpaste

humanpaste Rookie

if you need the theory of seeing where you are going explained well then an explanation will do you no good.

PAKFA likes this.
  15. some1pl

some1pl Alien

It's also very selfish to start a thread in the wrong section of the forum about a feature request that many don't really care and shouting "We need this!!!".

16. PAKFA

PAKFA Alien

Actually he shouted "Look-to-apex !!".

As for being selfish for doing it in the wrong section of the forum, that is incorrect. I does not show selfishness since a lot more people want this, so this is not only for his own benefit. The wrong section of the forum is debatable. You may say this only can be made in the suggestions forum, but then I'd say it can be made here too, since it's an issue worth discussing and awaited for a long time.

There are not a lot of people going in the suggestions forum, but Chit Chat is one of the most visited parts of the forum, so more people will notice it and participate in the discussion.

Dennis Neo and Filippo94 like this.
  17. andrea_gi

andrea_gi Alien

look to apex should be inplemented to me too imo

18. Using that logic I guess I should post the next color pack or skin I create in the Chit Chat section that way more people will notice it.

Horus and djkostas like this.
  19. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

We already have a section for mods/tracks/skins etc !

20. There is a section for suggestions also but I guess that is too confusing for the average user here. Maybe they should change the name of the section to 'I want'. Maybe I will make a post in the suggestion section suggesting that very thing.

Horus likes this.
  21. Ray HT

Ray HT Simracer

lol, well we can`t all know it all ?