1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

look to apex

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Cote Dazur, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

As I am patiently waiting for VR to be available, hopefully next step on the road map, I found something interesting here: C:\Users\you\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\cameraoption.ini

"defaultCamera": 0,
    "lookBehindCar": 1,
    "generalMovement": 1,
    "dashcamFactor": 0,
    "offsetForwardCm": 0,
    "offsetUpCm": 0,
    "offsetPitch": 0,
    "lookWithWheel": 1,
    "lookWithWheelGamma":1,
    "lookWithWheelSmoothing": 1,
    "lookWithWheelHeadRoll": 1

}
    when you get there replace the 0 by 1 and voila, look to apex.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Gameplay Look to Apex Yesterday at 5:27 PM
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Hori Apex Wheel Setup Oct 22, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Hori apex racing wheel Aug 15, 2018
    Chit Chat Room How/where to contact server admins? (Apex Touristenfahrten Nordschleife) Jul 22, 2018
    ACC General Discussions RHM or look to apex? May 10, 2018
    Online Leagues / Championships room ARL - Apex Racing League (GT3) - Signups open, Beginner friendly Jan 24, 2018
    Steering wheels discussions Hori Racing Wheel Apex Nov 14, 2017
    Suggestions add look to apex function May 27, 2017
    Suggestions Apex Cones in Practice Mode May 25, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Camera shake and apex looking Sep 20, 2016
    Online Leagues / Championships room Apex Online Racing - Assetto Corsa League (PC) Sep 7, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues For the love of apexes, can we please save MP replays May 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Forza 6 APEX coming to PC this spring Mar 1, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look to the apex! Jan 7, 2016
    Suggestions Look-to-apex !! we need this implemented Feb 6, 2015

3. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

There isn’t “look with apex” on the list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. tow

tow Gamer

This make me motion sickness.

5. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Try it, when you have a minute in your busy schedule, I can see you are replying from your IPhone, so when you can access your game,, you might have a pleasant surprise, if you are into look to apex.:p:D

Thank you for sharing, rest assure we are all feeling very sorry for you, maybe best in relation to the sate of your health to not to use it.:confused:

Phoenixcat likes this.
  6. Phoenixcat

Phoenixcat Gamer

Ok thanks, I’ll have a look when I’m not so very very busy!
    I am used to VR also so very keen for anything that can make playing on a screen easier. The only view I can use is bonnet cam as I find the a-pillar in the in car cam blocks my view of the apex

gandlers and Cote Dazur like this.
  7. Gopher04

Gopher04 Racer

That's not look to apex, using this way matches steering rotation which is far to much and to sensitive.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

Friend just tested,u can use values like 0.2...it works as rhm in friends case.I used L/R look 12, so will test myself tomorow. but friend is happy and i belive him.

9. Thanks for the tips

Envoyé de mon SM-A520F en utilisant Tapatalk

10. This is similar to the RHM and its very useful, thank you.

11. AmirHM

AmirHM Gamer

i have problem, when the steer is center and braking the cam is moving forward (pitch) due to gforce, and when i rotate the steer, the gforce effect is reseted instantly and the cam start to yaw folowwing the steer, its really not nice and very jaggy, the yaw rotations is replacing gforce rotations

Jebus likes this.
  12. vlado Cro

vlado Cro Simracer

I think its not meant to be used still,but atleast its implemented. Have to wait to someone explain status on this. @Minolin Can u share some detail about this please.

AmirHM likes this.
  13. AlenC

AlenC Rookie

Thanks for sharing, this is exactly what I needed! Just a heads up, these values are decimals.
    These:
    "lookWithWheel": 0.5,
    "lookWithWheelGamma":1,
    "lookWithWheelSmoothing": 0.5,
    "lookWithWheelHeadRoll": 0.5

worked better for me, but I'll have to spend some more time tweaking those values. I think gamma value will be critical for fine tuning.

14. John Caetano

John Caetano Gamer

Seriously, this is a great thread. Thanks for sharing :)
    Life saver until they release additional features to introduce head tracking... (TRACKIR PLEASE! ;) )

Last edited: Sep 30, 2018
  15. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

The function is very nice! Much better than driving with fixed view in my opinion!

After_Midnight likes this.
  16. Gopher04

Gopher04 Racer

This idea works for now, but hopefully we will get a real look to apex at some point..

17. grimdanfango

grimdanfango Gamer

Only 10 days to go... VR support is the true look-to-apex. You just... look at the apex :p

Then I can finally return to never racing on a monitor again :)

aotto1977, Micii1 and lionbest like this.
  18. vortex19

vortex19 Gamer

Yes, it works to a certain extent but it's nothing like RHM in AC. I tried AlenC's settings but, whilst they're better, there's still nowhere near enough control available.

19. Redrum

Redrum Rookie

I tried to mess around with the settings and I'm pretty satisfied with these:
    Something like RHM would still be appreciated though.

Gilmar likes this.