1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E03

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Cip, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Cip

Cip Racer

Oh boy i cant wait look who is back, back again!

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special - E02 Aug 12, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - Summer Special 2016 - E01 Jul 29, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E07 Jul 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E06 Jul 10, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E05 Jul 3, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E04 Jun 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look What The Cat Hacked In - S03E1 - Hold The Balloon May 28, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e06 Sep 19, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e05 Sep 12, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e04 - let's race Sep 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02 e03 Aug 29, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02eo2 Aug 25, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s02e01 - the placebo defect Aug 21, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in - s01e10 - season finale Aug 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Look what the cat hacked in s01e08 - spin baby Jul 29, 2015

3. rycil

rycil Simracer

Good to see you again Stefano !

alex72 and Cip like this.
  4. grandepunto

grandepunto Simracer

Welcome back.

Cip likes this.
  5. Ferdi

Ferdi Hardcore Simmer

Glad to see he'll be back streaming. I guess now that the big announcement (and what an announcement it was!!!) is out of the way he can relax a bit more.

Cip likes this.
  6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

@AC Support
    Can you merge this Thread into mine, or the other way around? One thread is enough I think.
    Cheers

mms likes this.
  7. TDS

TDS Alien

:)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  8. love & hate? :D

9. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

10. alex72

alex72 Alien

Yay, Maestro is back! :)

11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Not really :)

12. Cip

Cip Racer

Sorry man i missed your thread because all the other threads were called the full name and i searched by that. And your's was named differently.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. xystof

xystof Hardcore Simmer

Glad to see Stefano back.

Cip likes this.
  14. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Great news!

Now, to all those waiting to ask stupid questions in the stream:
    [​IMG]

15. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

Yeah... about questions to Stefano... where shall we post our questions? In this thread?

16. Tberg

Tberg Alien

o_O

I was going to write "stupid question #1", but I suppose you haven´t seen any of Stefanos streams. You ask GOOD questions in the stream, which is live....streaming..

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. you can still ask it on the comment section of last stream, and hopefully he'll review again the questions rom the comments

18. AC_RAF

AC_RAF Hardcore Simmer

I have seen the last stream (and it was the first for me). But in that last stream, it began with previously asked questions and I remember in a thread the possibility to post questions.

Anyway thanks for avoiding to mention my stupidity ;-)

19. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Ususally the questions are answered during the stream (and many are lost), so Stefano started to ask to comment the ignored questions and so he would pick them up in the next stream. Was the first time (and a good idea).
    Best case: Prepare your 1 best question, put it in the stream and hope he reads it. If not, comment to the YT video

20. Hey guys, Stefano said it will be better if you go ahead and put your questions into the stream chat now. He will read all of your questions before he starts the stream, so if he doesn't answer your question you can at least know that he did read it. See all of you tomorrow!

Tiago Lima, f_deutsch, CaoWS and 4 others like this.
  21. Psit

Psit Alien

I am posting my questions here because wall of text.
    I hope he can have a look at them!

Hi Stefano. 3 questions which are related.
    My PC's CPU is a first generation i7 950 @ 3.2GHz and i also have a GTX970 factory overclocked.
    I play AC in triple screens (online ONLY) but lately (last year) i have lost a lot of performance, therefore i need to turn off PP filters while playing-racing and lower some gfx settings to keep a locked 60fps.
    Q1: When PP filters are off, it is REALLY hard to understand when the brake lights of the cars in front are lit, do you plan on doing something about this? Online league racing is really hard when you cant tell when the car in front is braking.

On the performance loss side, i really don't understand what is the bottleneck in my system concerning AC, and the CPU and GPU usage is really strange. In most games, my CPU is working at 90-95% therefore i can understand that it it bottlenecking my graphics card. In AC, after some tests, i have the following results : Single screen no pp and medium graphics, cpu @ 65% , gpu @ 45%. Triple screens same settings : cpu @ 70% , gpu @ 60%. In triples the only difference is that the GPU goes to 65-70%. I am losing only about 10% of the performance in triples vs single screen. Especially weird is that when i am standing on the grid with about 15-20 cars my fps on triples and single screen are exactly the same.

Q2: Could you advise why my cpu and gpu are not utilized completely and why i have the same performance on triples (with triple rendering enabled) and single screen? Do you think the CPU is too slow? Is AC CPU hungry or GPU ? High clocks or more cores?
    My RIFT is arriving in a week or so and i am afraid i wont be able to be locked at 90fps even if i use the lowest settings in AC.

Q3: I own an OSW wheel, when i use ffb skip steps 0 my cpu shoots to 100% utilization and game goes matrix mode, a friend of mine has the same exact wheel configuration with a latest cpu and he has no issues turning ffb skip steps to 0. I thought the issue with ffb skip steps 0 was that the driver of the wheel was not able to handle the refresh rate, seems like this is not the case?

Thank you for your time and great work on the game, 790+ hours and counting.

p.s. Let me mention that I tried with HT off and on, same results, i also tried 32bit, same.
    p.s2 My cpu has 4 cores, core1 hovers around 60-65% the 2nd is 40% the other 2 are 15% or thereabouts. I am using MSI afterburner and double checked with windows 10 performance monitor.