1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Looking for 3 24" screens for triple setup - please advise

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by LeDude83, Dec 3, 2015.

1. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Hey guys,

I recently bought and installed 3 fullmotion monitor arms and now have a nice versatile racing/working space :)
    But unfortunately I have 3 different 24" screens 2 of which I bought from a pawn shop - they are properly worn...must have ran for two years in a showroom or so. To make matters worse number 3 (only proper one) has no VESA mount...lol.

So in a nutshell: I have to buy 3 new ones and I have the following ideas about this:

1) I want a good image quality and avoid eyestrain. Willing to pay for that! Hint: my current proper screen is a Samsung S24D590L and I'm happy with it.
    2) I don't want to pay a fortune for some hype...so GSync, FreeSync is out of scope even though I know it's supposed to be great.
    3) I considered 144 Hz screens but then again that's more than twice of what my PC can do with AC, now (I'm vsyncing at 60 and rig can do it most of the times). Even If I was to upgrade my GPU at some point I don't think more than 90 FPS steady is realistic on triples with AC and further games to come.

So here's a model I actually already reserved and could pick up tomorrow:

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/aoc+e2470swh/eqsqid/26f29177-59f6-467d-8dda-c158bf19fb3a

I couldn't find any reviews on it but I found that it has the same panel as this one, which has 12 reviews in that very shop and further on the www. They are very positive.

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/aoc+e2460sh/eqsqid/0525e9d8-a74a-411c-83c8-4931327f2ea9

Now as for 144 Hz options there is this one:

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/tft+monitore/3d+gaming+monitore/acer+gn246hlbbid

Price-wise this is already above what I'd be happy to pay especially given what I wrote in 3).

I'd appreciate your opinions and advice.

Cheers
    Dude

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Looking for the view settings file Aug 8, 2023
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room looking for championship in belgium, france, england, italie Dec 22, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a Streamer for ACF1 Formula 1 Championship Oct 11, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Lights in mirror looking ugly (just inside car) Sep 23, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Stuck looking at car on race start Aug 21, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Looking left and right Jun 17, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Newbie looking for guidance Jun 16, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Looking for part from Logitech G25 Jun 12, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Indy 400 / Looking for Participants! (RSS) Jun 6, 2022
    Online Leagues / Championships room Starting a new ACC league, looking for members! May 26, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality VR impossible to get reliable and good looking grafics May 23, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Looking for a late night league in NA Mar 29, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions North American XBOX League looking for Commentators / Drivers- ACC 9th Gen Feb 25, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Looking for our Racing Commentator Feb 24, 2022
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Audi Endurance Team - Looking for drivers Dec 26, 2021

3. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

1 tip: stay away from acer.
    About the sceens, how much are you willing to spend? :)

LeDude83 likes this.
  4. DaRenss

DaRenss Racer

be prepared, a good set of 3 screens of proper quality can easily take you over €1000,-

I'd suggest look at Dell and Asus. they make some bonkers screens nowadays.

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Why should I stay away from Acer? And 600 €.

6. Horus

Horus Alien

3 LG UWD would look very fetching.

7. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

i bought 3 Dell ultrasharp 24" because of the quality and thin bezels, pleased with them, around 250 each ..

LeDude83 likes this.
  8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

24" full HD is the target, mate ;-)

9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Link, please.

10. Horus

Horus Alien

21:9 is so good for movies and FPS look amazing. But I know some just like living in the past. :p LOL

mantasisg 2 and aphidgod like this.
  11. esox71

esox71 Alien

Whatever you get make sure their IPS panels ;)
    If you can get ones with low response times.

aphidgod, LeDude83 and Horus like this.
  12. Kade

Kade Hardcore Simmer

I hear OLED is the new "thing" for image quality but they are probably expensive. What comes to eyestrain I would google "bluelight eyestrain". I have myself single 120hz monitor and would not go back to 60hz.

13. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Why? The new TN ones not good? Affordable IPS have around 4 ms minimum.

15. esox71

esox71 Alien

LeDude83 likes this.
  16. Torcano

Torcano Alien

Are you really really fixed on getting 24 inch, because you can get three benq gw2760hs for dead cheap anywhere and three 27's are much better than three 24's and I run three 24's myself, trust me when I say that I wish I had more vertical screen real estate. Gorgeous va-ips 27" monitors with extremely slim bezels they are, EDIT: just measured at ~11mm wide so some of the thinnest bezels you can find. You can get them on amazon for around 220$, I know tons of people who are running three of those. Heck, I myself have one of those I use as my backup monitor. Love it. :)

Edited link to amazone de one since you seem to be from eu. :D

http://www.amazon.de/BenQ-GW2760HS-...&qid=1449206475&sr=8-1&keywords=benq+gw2760hs

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    St3fan, LeDude83 and Octane like this.
  17. Octane

Octane Simracer

The AOC you have on reserve has a very nice response time at 1ms. I can't say anything bad about my AOC if that helps. I'm particular about the colors and it took me about 30 mins to get them the way I wanted, but I haven't been in the menus since. Mine is a single monitor setup at 144Hz using the DVI port. I think I'd need SLI to have all of the correct connectors to go triple screen at 144Hz. HDMI maxes out at 60Hz if I remember correctly.

Disclaimer: I'm no expert at setting up triple screen. I looked at going that route and still might, but I'm holding out some until the VRs hit the market.

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

I just got 3x Dell S2715H and couldn't be more happy. Dell also has a S2415H. They have a minuscule 6mm bezel, are IPS and have great performance. They have 10mm VESA mounts. Price is good too. Dell makes shoddy PC's but their monitors remain excellent.

https://pcmonitors.info/reviews/dell-s2415h/

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
    Horus, Phil64 and LeDude83 like this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok, so personal preference...one has to trade it for the quick response times of the TN panels, I guess. Thanks, will check out the site.

Thanks but no thanks ;-) I mean everyone with a single monitor...why don't they run triples? Everyone with 27" triples...why don't they run triple 60" TVs? I'm very happy with my three 24" size-wise and have been running them for 6 months now :)

Thanks. It's a proper budget solution for sure...but I'd be happy to pay more for better image/contrast/smoothness. Unfortunately this is really hard to extract from a datasheet.

Thanks. Dell has been recommended to me several times now so I will check it out...

...ok checked out. Looks very, very nice and has a blue light and flicker filter! I would be sold if there wasn't the glossy surface. What's your experience with that? I mean, one could use matte film, I guess...

Now I found one more with an almost none-existent bezel:

http://www.notebooksbilliger.de/tft+monitore/asus+vc239h

It looks nice, Asus is supposed to be good and it also has eye-friendly features like low-blue-mode. But there's no review out.

Anyways, u guys have helped me a lot. I know much better now what I want! If u have further comments on that Dell and the Asus screen let me know. It's gonna be between those two.

20. OoALEJOoO

OoALEJOoO Simracer

The glossy surface on the S2715H is not an issue. You can only see some reflections when the monitors are off or under very dark scenes, otherwise reflections can't be seen. If you use them with the room lights off or low, then there are no reflections at any time.
    D2715H.jpg

About 27" vs 24", I guess it depends on your budget. If you have the budget I would go for 27", otherwise 24" is good too.

I also have a Dell U2715H on a desktop, which as a semi-glossy surface and the difference is not that much. I would say that both the glossy and semi-glossy surfaces are great.

21. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Ok, 3*S2415H have been ordered for around 200 each. The Asus option has no reviews and is also a bit smaller...~60 mm scaled on the triple setup.

This is a purchase I think I won't regret...thanks for your support again!

Octane and kofotsjanne like this.