1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Losing interest?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by petesky, Mar 29, 2017.

1. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Maybe to Jazz it up a bit, we could have golden rings to collect along the way, then if we smash into an opponent all the golden rings you collected spill out everywhere for others to scoop up...wow that would be amazing:cool:

Or maybe a tarmac football pitch mod track with a big ball and goals...wow im actually liking this as I write it lol, I wonder what the most Messi like car is :rolleyes:

2. For me I'm not - the longevity comes from modding for me (creating primarily, but also consuming).

And before I became so consumed in the modding community, I was becoming more involved with league racing. So I feel either way I'd still be enthusiastic about AC, whether it be modding or more serious racing (by that I mean organised and well mannered, we still had fun!).

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  3. chakko

chakko Alien

Frankly, Kunos releases enough good stuff to keep AC going, so that it doesn't get boring for me. And even if they hadn't released so much content, racing online is really one of the most fun thing i ever experienced in gaming. E.g., my by far most played game on Steam is Race 07, and they didn't release as much content as Kunos, at least at the time i played it.

4. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

For me, any racing sim can become a little mundane if you let it. As I noticed this happening I realized, at least for me, that when cars behave too predictable and just zip around the track like F1 cars with near perfect handling this is when it becomes a bit boring. This is what I love about AC. What I enjoy the most is a car that is a challenge and that moves around a bit as you corner, under braking etc. Where a lot of skill comes into play. For single player AC (which I really enjoy more than MP) I never set the track to the best conditions. I always set the track 'green' or less. Also, I run with Hard tires. I also run with very little wing front and rear. (Depends on the car of course) I also set the AI to around 80%. For some, this is like "What?" But for me it adds a whole new dimension to the sim. Makes it such a blast and I believe a more realistic challenge. I think too we're so used to having to win all the time. So many games we've all played over the years are all about starting in last place and having to pass every car and win!:) Yeah! If this is a true sim, and I believe it is, then we have to find enjoyment in finishing 7th and having run a good clean race. Having managed to stay on track and perhaps even make a few awesome brave overtakes in the process. Just picture LeMans 24 hours. Does everyone show up there actually thinking they will all win? Some know they have a good chance. The rest however race for the challenge, the fun, the business of it of course, but also to say they fared well despite all of the other challengers. Yet somehow in AC many players set their car to soft tires in the heat of the day, crank up the wings to add downforce, only enter races where the conditions are sunny, with 100% grip. Then they leave the race early if they spin on lap 2 because they know they have no chance to win. Seriously? C'mon. This is a sim and you need to find it's essence and enjoy it there. I actually enter MP races and immediately loosen my car up. I take wing to almost nothing, and switch to hard tires. It's amazing how well I do overall in the end and the joy of driving the 458 GT2 as it moves around like a graceful woman is pure sweetness. Give it a shot, but be warned. It's a real challenge. But to me it feels amazing. No other sim like AC.

petesky, chksix, Kaaarp and 1 other person like this.
  5. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Loosing interest, it doesn't work anymore ? We are about to realease a new product - SIMAGRA !

The results are amazing - always in the mood for simracing. Always excited - for everything, almost like the first time. You stop posting meaningless stuff in the forums because you are no longer frustrated, always happy racing online. You stop doing stupid stuff in multiplayer, like rejoining right in the path of other driver. And much more....

Simracing was never so immersive before !

PM for betatest the product.

Betatesters are taking all risk and responsibility for sideeffects caused by Simagra.

6. Fat-Alfie

Fat-Alfie Hardcore Simmer

I am having a 'down' period, too.

I got a bit bogged down with a track, then tried to make physics for a car, failed because I just don't know enough about cars, and now I really don't feel like firing up AC :(

It will pass, I'm sure, and then I will love AC again... hopefully

petesky and Tony74 like this.
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

I'm not losing interest, not at all. I played for ~750 hours and still am not bored. But I also play other (racing) games all the time, like AMS, Diablo 3, Elite Dangerous, Factorio etc. One needs to keep a balance and do different things on order to keep everything interesting

8. TDS

TDS Alien

in AC every car is a new GAME :)
    so its like those "150 in 1" type of game cartridges for me lol.
    Addicted beyond repair here hehehehehe

9. TDS

TDS Alien

a split my game time between AC 85%, AMS 2%, Squad 13% and Very rarely some Pinball Arcade nostalgia with xbox controller.

After_Midnight likes this.
  10. McClusky

McClusky Gamer

The recent release of some track mods really got me hooked again although I don't think I could ever get bored of Nordschleife ;) (honestly if it weren't for the new track mods like Miseluk, Thomson Road and more I might be playing pCars o_O)

11. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It's normal, human nature is to get easily bored. Some racing hiatus is in order. Try some FPS or RPG for a change.
    COD, Far Cry, Mass Effect, Doom, there are so many good ones.

petesky, Mogster and mantasisg 2 like this.
  12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think it is perfectly natural to loose interest in anything if it is done too much. Well, maybe, sometimes, perhaps, maybe you are just not into it anymore...sometimes. And it is just natural. I'm in general interested in simracing not particulary AC, but AC has me occupied. It can't be forever. But I guess if people could drive in real life for multiple hours, every evening it would get played out a bit too.

Even tho real life has more features, but mostly less content.

petesky likes this.
  13. pavano

pavano Simracer

at least it's Street Figher 2 turbo
    So still some advanced horses in there :D

petesky and mantasisg 2 like this.
  14. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I think it would nice to think of the time when AC was most exciting for you ?

For me it was right after release of 1.2 and bonus pack with Zandwoort, I remember feeling increased level of dopamine, I think it is responsible for feeling excited and happy IIRIC lol I was really happy, because it was quite a while since DP1 (which was super exciting too), no updates or additional content in that gap of time, also very few mods were released in between 1.1 and 1.2 version of AC IIRIC. I remember constantly checking forum if there were any progress for 917/30 mod or 917K.

petesky likes this.
  15. My problem at the moment is about hype. Because after I download the update, I go crazy fast to try the cars, drive them on few tracks, just few laps for every car. Then I get quite bored and I quit :( I don't like so much online sessions, I don't like career, but I like the immersion of force feedback and pleasure of driving. Sometimes I'm angry with me because I find it is nice but I can't go on even if I have time, but I know I like Assetto Corsa. Maybe there is something I can't have about immersion, don't know... There are two visible thing I see again at this point of the game:
    - sound: some car are awsome and some not, onboard or outside there is a lack of something sometimes (where Race Room is still a beast with sound immersion overall, pcars too digital)
    - grapichs: this is the most important part, because I see always that weird slide effect on the road of the car; hard to explain but there are some innatural movement of the car around the corner, when powersliding into it, like the car slides on a rail, don't know if the problem is the camera following the center of the car o what, any experience about that? The first car I remember now is the Ferrari 458, of you watch the replay, on fast corner or chicane car has some strange movement on the track. This not happen on a game like iRacing for example, more natural movement of the car on track.
    THIS factor for me is the most immersion breaker. I watch the replay on TV cams and something is strange..

petesky likes this.
  16. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Everybody goes through moods with gaming man. Some people stop being in the mood for a certain type of game for a while. Some people might simply get burned out on gaming as a whole for a time.

This is normal. Do something else and if you care enough, you'll come back to sim racing. If not, eh, so long as you're doing something else you enjoy instead, no biggie. It's merely a hobby. You are under no loyalty to do something you aren't enjoying much anymore. Do you.

petesky likes this.
  17. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

Ever since I discovered the mod that give full support for FFB wheels to GTA5
    I'm too busy running pedestrian down on the sidewalk to be bothered with racing sims.
    The satisfying thump I feel when the fat ones fly off the wind screen, it's sick I need help.

Tony74 likes this.
  18. TDS

TDS Alien

gimme the mod link pls?

rd.king likes this.
  19. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I'll get it for you when I'm off work.

TDS likes this.
  20. Empty grids make me lose interest, and that is the case over the past two weeks on the Streetfight servers :(