1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Losing interest?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by petesky, Mar 29, 2017.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Only one track, only one sim.....

Nords in AC will never get me bored, even after 2000 plus hours.

vegaguy 5555 and Ferdi like this.
  2. Alberto Llinares

Alberto Llinares Hardcore Simmer

Yup, I'm losing interest, but it's not only on Assetto Corsa, is on the Gaming world in general. Actually, I only have 5 games installed, and AC it's the only one I fire up sometimes. I think it's because I started "working" recently, and I just don't want to use my free time to play games. But again, this is just me, I'm sure in some weeks or months I'm rushing down the corkscrew in the 787B :p.

3. Louizf

Louizf Racer

Since Custom Championships I have been playing more AC than ever.
    Problem is just time to play it along Rimworld.:D

Although since I finished a 6 years dead end relationship I discovered a thing called "single ladies on pubs" that is pretty cool too.

4. Ozcanuck55

Ozcanuck55 Racer

The latest updates have me revisiting some of the older cars, especially street cars, which I was not that interested in. I go from game to game ( RRE, AMS, Dirt Rally, AC). Each time I start one I haven't used for awhile, I'm amazed how good they are and get enthused again. So much content ( and good AC mods!), so little time. I sneak off for a quick race when I can between duties.

Berniyh likes this.
  5. Ozcanuck55 and vegaguy 5555 like this.
  6. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

I get bored of racing constantly, this is normal for a normal human...:D
    But I would state that AC is the only and the first sim I play for such a long time.
    AC is my main racing platform at the moment, and I really don't see other one to replace it in near future.
    PCARS2?? - Well, we'll see how good will physics and FFB be, but I doubt to be on the same level as AC, so busted.
    GTSport?? - I don't wanna even talk about it, a piece of disappointment, what can you say about a sim which doesn't have a single good camera view, and the physics are already by 5 years old.
    Forza7?? - I'm sure it'll be the same ****ty optimization on PC as it was with Horizon 3, and I'm not gona buy a console for it.
    So AC, is the king right now. Always getting bored of it but always comming back.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2017
    Berry likes this.
  7. Berry

Berry Alien

Absolutely, I constantly lose and regain interest in AC, depends on how stressed I am IRL and how much time I have on my hands, I prefer mountainbiking in the spring and summer rather than playing games.At one point you get burnt out, even with AC, it's good to take a break and rekindle that passion later on :).

arthur666, vegaguy 5555 and Berniyh like this.
  8. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

AC is the only game in which I have so many hours. Now I have over 2000h in AC and I'm still playing it as often as when I started over 3 years ago. Not a single game was ever close to even half of that playtime.

Losing interest in gaming in general? Hell yeah.
    Losing interest in AC? Hell no.

For me the MP is what makes it worth playing AC. That's why I'll take the opportunity to say thanks to @Minolin for making it so much better. Some of us remember how it used to be before MR. I'm not sure if I'd stick around for so long without it.
    And of course thanks to server admins/owners who invest their time and money in running the servers.
    Also Kunos has their part in making AC still feeling fresh with constant updates and not only content releases, even so long after the "1.0" version.

^These + how good AC feels are the main reasons why I'm still hooked to it.

9. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I do not consider Assetto Corsa a game, it is a hobby for me rather, and made me put together a nice rig
    Actually I stopped playing games about 10 years ago.

Assetto Corsa is a relief after work for me, I will fire up the Sim as time allows, and turn a few laps, or do a few races, mostly online.
    There are days though where I just cant seem to enjoy myself, and then turn off the PC and all peripherals at once in anger with the mains switch.
    Then I do not touch the rig for a few days, until at one point I feel the urge to drive again.
    This primarily has nothing to do with AC, its more that AC feels so realistic and authentic to me that it acts as a vent to persue my passion for driving cars.
    Admittedly, here has been a noticeable upturn for me with v1.12 and the introduction of v10 to all cars. (raving about it like the 10th time now, but it really is that good^^)

10. I alternate between Assetto Corsa and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v3 (flight simulator). I have lost interest in most games, although I still dream of a developer creating a perfect atmospheric first person exploration and discovery type 3D game world that does not involve endless boring shooting sessions against thousands of mindless opponents......yawn!

Turk, Ace Pumpkin and Schnipp like this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

At this stage I'd be more interested in something slow paced like L.A noire, but to many games are entirely focused on action.

12. Salajutsu

Salajutsu Hardcore Simmer

I can't get tired of racing that little Miata. Always close racing. Too close, and then closer than that.
    Nords always gets attention, and lately I've been more into the race cars as opposed to street cars.

I'll get on Raceroom if I want a good tough AI race lately..

I'm edging closer to 1,000 hours with 936 and still learning, still enjoying, still addicted, still Miata. Still Nords.

Miata.

EDIT: Miata.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  13. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

I lost a bit of interest in gaming in general. However ac has grabbed my intention more than anything else before. I build a nice rig to enjoy it to the fullest. Multiplayer in a decent online league is a must for me. Learning to know the car and setting it up for the chosen tracks and then racing it close and hard but fair with other drivers. This gives me the most joy in life! It makes me happy knowing that i can race tonight.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  14. VRAAAAP VRAP VRAP VRAAAAAAAAP
    [​IMG]

15. esox71

esox71 Alien

Easy..just walk out your front door...yawn.^^

16. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Dirt/Off road racing would be cool, but tbh. not that sort of dirt racing. :p

Fat-Alfie likes this.
  17. pons

pons Simracer

I find myself dedicating my freetime about 1-2 months to one hobby and then going back to another till I loose interest again etc.
    So about every 3-4 months I am back racing in AC nearly every evening and checking out all the content and new mods.

18. chakko

chakko Alien

Yep. Give us some rally stages for the Audi Quattro, and the upcoming Toyota Celica, that's more like it. :p

miky and Vibe Style like this.
  19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Loose surface in AC would be very interesting. It would open up a whole new world of mods also.

miky and Vibe Style like this.
  20. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

Try Obduction from the makers of Myst. It's very good looking and full of aimless wandering about :cool:

I still enjoy AC but I'm not using it every spare hour of the day. I'm so looking forward to the 250GTO and what Kunos have done with the 787B has kept it just as sublime as Patrik originally made it.